Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kluhez
beginner

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Kluhez »

Im just trying to clear the air on the current method, not just for me but potential helpers. Tushkan has his unpacking tool, Archive_Next has one that i cant get my hands on, Lux uses Intel GPA and hex to OBJ from another forum, and finally Delutto's tool. All of these seemed to work at one point or another, yet I cant get any to work for myself (and I assume others), which sucks because the more people helping would speed up the project exponentially. If anyone Custard, Floxay, or Tushkan, can lend me a hand id appreciate it.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:46 pm Im just trying to clear the air on the current method, not just for me but potential helpers. Tushkan has his unpacking tool, Archive_Next has one that i cant get my hands on, Lux uses Intel GPA and hex to OBJ from another forum, and finally Delutto's tool. All of these seemed to work at one point or another, yet I cant get any to work for myself (and I assume others), which sucks because the more people helping would speed up the project exponentially. If anyone Custard, Floxay, or Tushkan, can lend me a hand id appreciate it.
Delutto's tool is archive_next iirc, here's the link: http://www.tbotr.net/Downloads/ARchive_neXt.msi
this PARTIALLY worked around velvet shell (2017 feb)

Yes, Luxox used GPA in the beginning, then switched to archive_next then back to GPA AFAIK

If you follow Tushkan's README's you should be able to get his tool working, it's really not that hard, I believe you need to fix 2 lines of "input()", just replace the comma with + (plus sign) and remove the returns in the first line of the functions of dump_asset.py

I personally just rip the weapon models so I have correct original normals for those now, can't seem to find an easy way to do the same for characters tho :c
Last edited by floxay on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dimis9138
veteran

Post by dimis9138 »

Anyone knows why UVs break upon exporting from Blender?
Looking for someone patient enough to teach me how to write noesis plugins :(
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

dimis9138 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:56 pm Anyone knows why UVs break upon exporting from Blender?
They don't, if they do then that's an issue with your Blender installation or the export settings/format/plugin you are using.
dimis9138
veteran

Post by dimis9138 »

floxay wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:24 am
dimis9138 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:56 pm Anyone knows why UVs break upon exporting from Blender?
They don't, if they do then that's an issue with your Blender installation or the export settings/format/plugin you are using.
UVs are fine in Blender, exporting it breaks it. I tried with 2.83, 2.93 and 2.49

EDIT: Tried with 2.91 also and tried exporting as .obj, .fbx and .dae.

EDIT 2: Talked with floxay over disc, only way for me to get it to work in versions under Max 2021 was to separate mesh by materials in Blender and then export as obj and then import that into 2021 and export as 2013 ver fbx and import to 19/16.
Looking for someone patient enough to teach me how to write noesis plugins :(
YourlordAdam
ultra-n00b

Post by YourlordAdam »

So does anyone have a good shader for the Eyes? im trying to set mozzie up but only found that weird eye texture that dumps with every head. (blender ofc)
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Hey sorry to bother the thread again but im getting this error within pycharm when trying to run the texture unpacker. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Oh that is rather easy to fix, have you tried googling it yet?
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

floxay wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:28 am Oh that is rather easy to fix, have you tried googling it yet?
Cause now I get this which seemed to have worked up until the end
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:10 am
floxay wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:28 am Oh that is rather easy to fix, have you tried googling it yet?
See #175787
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

floxay wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:47 am
Kluhez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:10 am
See #175787
alright i fixed that got another error then fixed that, then ran it and it exported nothing does this seem proper (im also using a cracked year 1 for the forge files, does this affect it also?)
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 am im also using a cracked year 1 for the forge files, does this affect it also?
:eek:

most likely
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

yeah i woulldve guessed ill try both a newer cracked versions and a regular steam distro. and compare tommorow. Thank you a lot for the help btw.
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

The roam_textures runs fine and says it exported the files yet the folder ive set the export to, doesnt contain any files. Any idea whats making this happen?
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

did you look at the script folder as well?