Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
OriginOfWaves
beginner

Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post by OriginOfWaves »

MaZTeR wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 pm Is there a way to fix how the Purehair tool for the edge version of the hairs basically seperates the first vertices from the rest of the edge collections? At least this is happening with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It makes it so that the scalp is more visible than it is supposed if there are no extra vertices going all the way to the head. You can kind of fix this by converting the edge-object to curves, selecting the first points and extruding, but it makes the lines go in wrong directions since the starting vertices are moved uniformally.

I kind of fixed the issue with the standard ponytail, but good luck doing the same with the mud hair version.
hey i wanted to ask, how do you actually get the .phha files that are needed for the pure hair tool? I'm trying with Rise of the Tomb Raider but DRMDumper doesn't give me any .phha files.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post by MaZTeR »

OriginOfWaves wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:41 pm
MaZTeR wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 pm Is there a way to fix how the Purehair tool for the edge version of the hairs basically seperates the first vertices from the rest of the edge collections? At least this is happening with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It makes it so that the scalp is more visible than it is supposed if there are no extra vertices going all the way to the head. You can kind of fix this by converting the edge-object to curves, selecting the first points and extruding, but it makes the lines go in wrong directions since the starting vertices are moved uniformally.

I kind of fixed the issue with the standard ponytail, but good luck doing the same with the mud hair version.
hey i wanted to ask, how do you actually get the .phha files that are needed for the pure hair tool? I'm trying with Rise of the Tomb Raider but DRMDumper doesn't give me any .phha files.
I'm presuming Rise works the same as Shadow, so open up the archive that has Lara's hair (for SOTR, there's the normal ponytail and the "mudthing" hair from the Porvenir Oilfields chapter). The purehair is in the DTP folder. Then use the tool to extract the biggest file. If I remember correctly, it makes 3 different files, one is which the game uses as a reference to build the hair system made from splines that the tool converts to edges and another that turns the hair into triangular faces, which you really shouldn't use since the normals are broken and lighting goes all over the place.

I used the edge version to turn them into sheets with Blender and then add custom hair textures that I made to resemble the in-game purehair as closely as I could, though I still need to adjust it: