Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Horizon 1-2 sounds

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Rigel
ultra-n00b

Forza Horizon 1-2 sounds

Post by Rigel »

Hi people. I was looking to extract FH1-2 X360 engine sounds to use them in other games. The sounds for the game are stored in .fsb files, but they seem to be in .xma format within the banks. I looked pretty hard anywhere I could but didn't really find anything to convert them in a usable format (virtually anything that can be converted into .wav).

Here are some example banks from FH2. I used this FSB extractor to get the XMA files. I tried to look pretty hard but I didn't really find anything that actually works with these. XMA Transform didn't work (I tried 2016-01-28 version, maybe there's an updated one?) and xma-parse (maybe I did something wrong with this one, not sure though).

I'm new here, might have missed something, so I'd love if you guys could give me a hint or something. I hope you're all doing well.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Forza Horizon 1-2 sounds

Post by DKDave »

You can play them in Foobar with the vgmstream plugin, and also optionally convert them to .wav if you want.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Rigel
ultra-n00b

Post by Rigel »

Thank you for the response! I tried the said plugin and unfortunately I get this error with every single file I try to load (example):

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"D:\Misc\bs\ExhL_01908.xma"

Anything else I can do?
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

No, you just need to drop the FSB files in Foobar, not the extracted files.

Your samples all work fine.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Rigel
ultra-n00b

Post by Rigel »

Works like a charm! Thank you so much!