Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post by lionheartuk »

thesinfulpuppeteer wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:20 pm The tool works great and I was able to extract Corneo's office and a few other locations plus furnishings. However only the color map is automatically assigned when I upload into Blender. Does the Tool auto assign the normals, MRVs, and occlusions maps as well?

Also, does the auto assign work on characters, weapons and enemies too? I know how to connect the maps in blender manually, but it is time consuming.

Thank you for any assistance.
The auto assign for the BC should work on more or less everything I think.
But MRV, doesn't work, that requires a custom shader setup in blender since its texture packing, each channel of MRV serves a different purpose.
thesinfulpuppeteer
ultra-n00b

Post by thesinfulpuppeteer »

lionheartuk wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm But MRV, doesn't work, that requires a custom shader setup in blender since its texture packing, each channel of MRV serves a different purpose.
Thank you for your reply. I had a feeling that was going to be the case. I know a workaround with the RGB separator, so I'm good there.
lionheartuk wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm The auto assign for the BC should work on more or less everything I think.
I gave it another go, and yes the tool does assign maps like so (don't mind the purples, I can fix that), but I have to set them up manually. Doing this myself is easy for smaller files with fewer sub-meshes, but time consuming for the larger ones. Also, it only worked for environments, props, and weapons, but not the characters and villains.

My new question now is there another Blender addon or tool that will save time setting up the nodes, or should I use a different program like Unity or DAZ?

rickypow
ultra-n00b

Post by rickypow »

For those who have ported levels from Blender to Unity, what format are you exporting to keep the textures in tact? My models are textured properly in blender but when I save as a blend or export as FBX, the textures are not applied automatically in Unity, even with all textures and models uploaded in the same asset folder. I appreciate any help anyone can offer!
Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

Hello, Does someone have the fonts for the game? Like menu, dialogs, subtitles fonts? I would really like to have the ttf files. I can"t find them in the assets
lsbg18
ultra-n00b

Post by lsbg18 »

linsaberlove wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:21 pm Anyone who know how to export animation? :[
could you tell me what's the key(the passcode) of FF7 r pkg?if we need it?
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

lsbg18 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 am
linsaberlove wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:21 pm Anyone who know how to export animation? :[
99% chance its just as many 0's as the box will allow, I think it might be 11, just hold 0 until no more 0's appear, and that should be it.

The majority of dumped PS4 PKG files have been decrypted with a password of all 0's.
If you've dumped it yourself though... then its whatever you set I think.
lsbg18
ultra-n00b

Post by lsbg18 »

lionheartuk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:26 pm
lsbg18 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 am
99% chance its just as many 0's as the box will allow, I think it might be 11, just hold 0 until no more 0's appear, and that should be it.

The majority of dumped PS4 PKG files have been decrypted with a password of all 0's.
If you've dumped it yourself though... then its whatever you set I think.
Thank you! I'll try it.
LuzThePog
ultra-n00b

Post by LuzThePog »

Hi!, I'm quite new here, So I was wondering where I could get the files for the game to export and view models? Would love any help! Thank you in advance if anyone is Kind enough to help!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

LuzThePog wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:00 pm Hi!, I'm quite new here, So I was wondering where I could get the files for the game to export and view models? Would love any help! Thank you in advance if anyone is Kind enough to help!
If you just google the PKG you will get many links of any kind, really.
LuzThePog
ultra-n00b

Post by LuzThePog »

mono24 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:17 am
LuzThePog wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:00 pm Hi!, I'm quite new here, So I was wondering where I could get the files for the game to export and view models? Would love any help! Thank you in advance if anyone is Kind enough to help!
If you just google the PKG you will get many links of any kind, really.
Do you think you could link me the site that most people are downloading from, and what to do after? I'm sorry if I'm asking abit too much, it's just that I sometimes worry if these sites could have put malware or any of those sort of things
metapoodle
n00b

Post by metapoodle »

Has anyone had success getting into the Intergrade files yet?
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

metapoodle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:50 pm Has anyone had success getting into the Intergrade files yet?
No, and likely not for a long time, there hasn't been any progress on hacking the PS5, so until then no PS5 games will be touchable.
metapoodle
n00b

Post by metapoodle »

lionheartuk wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 am
metapoodle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:50 pm Has anyone had success getting into the Intergrade files yet?
No, and likely not for a long time, there hasn't been any progress on hacking the PS5, so until then no PS5 games will be touchable.
I had a feeling that would be the case--thanks for the update though!
Caleb123459
ultra-n00b

Post by Caleb123459 »

lionheartuk wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 am
There's a tool capable of decompiling PS5 PKG files, tho its not finished and seems to have trouble with large PKG files. Unfortunately, the INTERmission PKGs are too big for the program as they will create a MemoryError. I reported the bug to the devs in hopes they can get the program fully working as I'd love to rip Weiss and Nero ^^

Here's the PKG tool if you're interested: https://github.com/SKFU/ps5tools
I've tested it on several PKG files, but like I said big ones such as the INTERmission PKGs will not work atm.
~ Cpt. Hazama
Spiritovod
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Spiritovod »

@Caleb123459: Those tools are for parsing some unencrypted info from firmware (PUP) and a few other system files, like SLB2, FIH and CNT. It has nothing to do with actual game data (which is fully encrypted), nor it will in the future.