Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
datoika777
ultra-n00b

Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by datoika777 »

Hello guys, this is my first post here, and I'm delighted to join this forum.

My concern is NFS 2015, and it's sound files
I wanted to exctract them and then just have them as .wav or .mp3 files.
There are 2 sound files(including .toc and .sb files). the chunksaudio and chunksaudiostream

Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
Thing is, in the command prompt, it tells me that there are many things in .dat files
but when i go to the output folder, i get shitload of .ttf and small amount of .dat files.
How can i fix this or is there anything more to be done with these?
Thank you
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by mono24 »

datoika777 wrote:Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
That script is not good unfortunately, because it does not extract everything, pretty much incomplete.
BUT, if you would have made a tiny bit of research you would have found absolutely everything you need.
Just keep in mind that regardless of the name of the game, they all use same Frostbite engine so the steps are the same for what ever you need to do.
I am not able to help more at the moment, but seriously you will find everything what you need in the following places:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14108
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17236
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114

have fun
datoika777
ultra-n00b

Post by datoika777 »

mono24 wrote:
datoika777 wrote:Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
That script is not good unfortunately, because it does not extract everything, pretty much incomplete.
BUT, if you would have made a tiny bit of research you would have found absolutely everything you need.
Just keep in mind that regardless of the name of the game, they all use same Frostbite engine so the steps are the same for what ever you need to do.
I am not able to help more at the moment, but seriously you will find everything what you need in the following places:

have fun
thanks a lot. i just wanted to do this for like few days, i have never been into modding or these kinda things
datoika777
ultra-n00b

Post by datoika777 »

mono24 wrote:

have fun
i had a glance at all 3 of it. these are for models. i am looking for sound only
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

datoika777 wrote:i had a glance at all 3 of it. these are for models. i am looking for sound only
Please next time do a better research, there's a reason why so many gave up on helping, everything is available, regardless of the game is mentioned all Frostbite engine games work the same.
And if that doesn't help, look again, the answers are in the forum.
There's a reason why I gave you all those three links. In order to gain access for audio, you need to EXTRACT WHOLE GAME DATA.
Then you do this step.
viewtopic.php?p=136455#p136455

good luck
datoika777
ultra-n00b

Post by datoika777 »

mono24 wrote:
datoika777 wrote:i had a glance at all 3 of it. these are for models. i am looking for sound only
Please next time do a better research, there's a reason why so many gave up on helping, everything is available, regardless of the game is mentioned all Frostbite engine games work the same.
And if that doesn't help, look again, the answers are in the forum.
There's a reason why I gave you all those three links. In order to gain access for audio, you need to EXTRACT WHOLE GAME DATA.
Then you do this step.
viewtopic.php?p=136455#p136455

good luck
whole game data? but the files are given to me how i should extract them anymore? like what files do u mean? i am totally noob at this kind of this things man.
Loghy
ultra-n00b

Post by Loghy »

I am also looking for a way to extract the files, most of those tools aren't working with NFS 2015 as far as I see, plus some download links are not even working.

Edit: I just found a very useful tool at https://frostytoolsuite.com/ , it's working great so far and I got a few audios out already. Leaving this in case someone else ever needs help to extract the audio files.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Loghy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:18 pm I am also looking for a way to extract the files, most of those tools aren't working with NFS 2015 as far as I see, plus some download links are not even working...
That's because all of it has become obsolete, what you need is: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts
Then you you'll get every single audio or what ever is your looking for intact, no other hassle.
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

Does it also extract localized voicelines from games like Need for Speed: Payback?
It's been years since i'm interested into getting police's chatters!
Thank you so much!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

XxsimonexX wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:29 pm Does it also extract localized voicelines from games like Need for Speed: Payback?...
It extracts every single audio/sound/voice/music what ever, in each individual assets as it was rendered originally by the developers, including all of the videos, from all supported games mentioned on the page.
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

mono24 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:21 pm
XxsimonexX wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:29 pm Does it also extract localized voicelines from games like Need for Speed: Payback?...
It extracts every single audio/sound/voice/music what ever, in each individual assets as it was rendered originally by the developers, including all of the videos, from all supported games mentioned on the page.
I hope so, because when i used this very script with Battlefield 3, it has ripped everything but the localized voicelines (for example: campaign dialog or multiplayer announcer...)
Anyway, i tried to perform the dump with NFS: Payback but when i compile it displays me an error:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\user\Desktop\Frostbite-Scripts-master\frostbite3\dumper.py", line 7, in <module>
    import payload
  File "D:\alisu\Desktop\Frostbite-Scripts-master\frostbite3\payload.py", line 8, in <module>
    liblz4 = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(r"..\thirdparty\liblz4")
  File "C:\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 443, in LoadLibrary
    return self._dlltype(name)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 isn't a valid Win32 application.
Can you please help me out?
Thank you a lot!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

XxsimonexX wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:05 am...when i compile it displays me an error:...
What are you talking about, what compile what error, your using wrong python version, it clearly states you need 64-bit.
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

Sorry, i've never used python before, now it worked, thanks you a lot!
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

I've tried to use this script to extract Battlefield 3's voicelines but it only extract the english ones, how do i get those voicelines from other languages?!
Thanks a lot!
Damoclès
beginner

Post by Damoclès »

NFS 2015 runs on frostbite 3, Battlefield 3 on Frostbite 2.

I suggest you to use an appriate script like this one : https://mega.nz/file/a59XzQjJ#s5DKhVMc2 ... SCW0LJVCnU