Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
bumba
ultra-n00b

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by bumba »

Hello guys! I wonder if somebody are interested in weapon skins. Could anyone tell me C8 sfw glacier's UID or any other glacier skin uid? it's so beautiful.

Cheers
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Mix RGB should not alter textures in any particular way. However, there are things to account for, for example, many render passes get treated as if they are a beauty channel that needs color management. So blender might apply filmic profile to normal map, basically squishing it's vectors and possibly even tilting them. Not that I tested that particular setup but it's worth checking. If anyone wants, he can drop a ling to some assembled ready-for-baking file and I will take a look at what goes wrong (no promises on results though).
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

Tushkan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:28 am Mix RGB should not alter textures in any particular way. However, there are things to account for, for example, many render passes get treated as if they are a beauty channel that needs color management. So blender might apply filmic profile to normal map, basically squishing it's vectors and possibly even tilting them. Not that I tested that particular setup but it's worth checking. If anyone wants, he can drop a ling to some assembled ready-for-baking file and I will take a look at what goes wrong (no promises on results though).
Hmm, when I've baked normals before using previous mentioned process I checked the flat color between the margins after and it was 128,128,255 as expected. For color management of baking or simply using any texture in Blender I thought that setting the node color space to non-color will make it immune to color management.

Here is a little Blender file set up as a comparison between my current nodegroup method and a lazy mixRGB method to examine it's effects. It clearly helps prevent flattening of details:
https://mega.nz/file/y9IgBbYT#POpFGrYUm ... p-vFWJI9SI

This is an Overlay use, the 50% Mix with normal strength to 2 that Floxay mentioned is a much closer result. It's interesting to play with anway.

Untitled-1.jpg
This node group was based mainly on the Reoriented Normal Mapping method as detailed in this article:
https://blog.selfshadow.com/publication ... in-detail/
Extra comparisons between some other popular methods and this one:
https://blog.selfshadow.com/sandbox/normals.html
bumba wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:22 pm Hello guys! I wonder if somebody are interested in weapon skins. Could anyone tell me C8 sfw glacier's UID or any other glacier skin uid? it's so beautiful.

Cheers
I don't think anyone has bothere recording any weapon skin UIDs, since they are more annoying to search for. If you're really interested I suggest the Intel GPA method for weapon skin as I mention about on the previous page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

ubi brain :eek:, can't wait for UHD texture pack lol, just gotta figure out how to get the original scale (and rotation maybe?) for these normal maps instead of just eyeballing the values

Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Texture scale and rotation are nested inside asset file. I honestly doubt I'm ever going to reverse those because there is no fixed-size structure to it with branching node trees. It's too tedious to reverse manually, best way is to attach to game process, halt it mid forge read, detect code that is responsible for unpacking the data, unvirtualize it and reverse. All of this is still too hard for me. I can't even halt ip properly. x64dbg fails to keep game alive (game almost always crashes on 1st or 2nd halt with some exception). CheatEngine can halt the game but I can't find a way to make it halt the game mid-run. It only accepts placing breakpoints. But I can't place it because I don't know which part of code is responsible for forge unpacking. And searching for it manually yields no results because this code is virtualized. So for now no proper skeleton extraction (what I was actually after to begin with) and no extra textures data.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Tushkan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:00 pm Custard, unless someone provides an info on how game normals are packed in general (or, better yet, for Anvil Next in particular) I see now way of fixing it. All I can do right now is guesstimate which isn't very efficent.
This is hardly any help, I know, but recently take a closer look on ripped models and the (presumably) TBN matrix it gave, interestingly the normals seem to be incorrect (just like with the script) on character meshes, guns look correct with these, here's a quick comparison;

and another one: Image
the ripped is the one in the back, circled the most obvious stuff
Last edited by floxay on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

Umm what is difference of "script" and "ripped" in the method? My confusion is from thinking that script = ripped, since I run the script and it gives me a ripped thing and I don't know of another way (Discounting IGPA).
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Custard wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:40 am Umm what is difference of "script" and "ripped" in the method?
Ripped = ripped from memory (example: GPA), not extracted from forge files
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

Oh so I'm guessing you did some mesh data transfer to put the ripped normal data and UVs together on the same mesh? Interesting idea.
Dan00ile
ultra-n00b

Post by Dan00ile »

Hi, what program can I use to extract 3d models from rainbow six?
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Custard wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:34 am Oh so I'm guessing you did some mesh data transfer to put the ripped normal data and UVs together on the same mesh? Interesting idea.
No, one of those is entirely from ripped data and the other one is from extracted data (using same material), if you look closely you can see how the bipods or whatever those are differ in position as in the game the DP27 has a base 'animation' pose for it which is different from the model space.
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Hey, guys im new and ive looked through the forum and see mentions of a 'guide' but can't see a link to it, does it exist and if so does someone have a link to it?
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

I was thinking about making one the process is quite complex. If you read page 1-3. It lays it out pretty much. I was able to get the models finally from this post. You just have to read carefully. There are Readme files in the tools. Read them and you will be able to figure it out.
YourlordAdam
ultra-n00b

Post by YourlordAdam »

is there any way to extract audio? specifically voice lines.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

YourlordAdam wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:46 pm is there any way to extract audio? specifically voice lines.
audio seems to be just wwise wems inside soundmedia forges, you could just use ravioli game tools to get most of them, obviously no filenames or even the IDs tho