Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 (.BNDL)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 (.BNDL)

Post by mono24 »

XxsimonexX wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:55 pm...is it possible to do the same with police chatters' voicelines? it's been years since im trying to get those!
Ok, so, SPEECHEVENTSEQUENCES.SWC0 is where you'll get all cop speeches.
When you look for the the header 4800000C of each SPS segment/part how ever you want to call it, you'll find how many it holds, in this case a total of 7674 and they all end with a bunch of 656565656565 hex values.
There for in vgmtoolbox all you need to do is:
when you have correct options marked in red above just drag and drop the archive at the top where it tells you to drag and drop files to search here.
After that you'll get them all like this:
Then associate them to play/convert with the foobar2000/vgmstream combo.
there you go

have fun
TheUnpunished
ultra-n00b

Post by TheUnpunished »

XxsimonexX wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:55 pm I've tried to follow your guide but i need some more detail since i've never used an hex editor before, first of all, how do i remove the first 8 bytes form the .dat file?
Secondly, using Hex Workshop, i couldn't find any 01 in offset 244, but i did change Gnsu30 into Gnsu20 and the same for the 4 bytes located in offset 40.
Last thing, is it possible to do the same with police chatters' voicelines? it's been years since im trying to get those!
If you highlight first 8 bytes and press backspace, they will be deleted. 1 byte is 2 "letters" (examples: 00, EE, 1E, etc.). You probably could not find the 01 at 236 / 244, because you didn't select "View offsets in decimal" (the glasses with 10 on top).
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

I can't believe it! I did it!
Thank you all for your help!
peeyur
ultra-n00b

Post by peeyur »

After all of this I can finally extract audio and car models from the game. And that's fun and all, but is there a way I could extract code from the game, and even mod the game?
grandtextauthor
ultra-n00b

Post by grandtextauthor »

Hello everyone.
I wish to get under the hood of pursuit system of NFS MW'12 and make a mod of it. I managed to find out that the pursuit data is located in raw\1_block\21_Script-\390428_b.dat inside the GAMEPLAY. BNDL.
So how do i convert that .dat into something editable and back?

I've tried asking this guy

https://steamcommunity.com/id/NIVSAYZ

an author of a pursuit system mod, as for now without an answer.