Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[SOLVED] Azu-Race Taisen Battle He-Cho - getting audio out of a supposed dxb file

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Grounder
ultra-n00b

[SOLVED] Azu-Race Taisen Battle He-Cho - getting audio out of a supposed dxb file

Post by Grounder »

The game that used it (Azu-Race Taisen Battle He-Cho) is a PC doujin from 2003, but nevertheless I tried the Ratatouille quickBMS script to no avail. It at least appears to be little more than a host for ogg files, but as someone completely new to this, I can't be entirely sure that there's no encoding. Finally, sprites have been ripped previously from this format before, but contacting the person originally responsible for doing so has yielded no results. Help, please?

link was here
Last edited by Grounder on Sun May 30, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Requesting help getting audio out of a supposed dxb file

Post by DKDave »

The .ogg files don't have any filenames stored, so you can just rip them directly with something like DragonUnpacker, and they'll play fine.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Grounder
ultra-n00b

Re: Requesting help getting audio out of a supposed dxb file

Post by Grounder »

DKDave wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:17 am The .ogg files don't have any filenames stored, so you can just rip them directly with something like DragonUnpacker, and they'll play fine.
That worked! Thank you very much.