Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal gear Solid 3 file extraction (getting soemwhere!!)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

hi, been following bot mgs 2 and 3 topics, kinda interesting .

actually, been trying to extract both fmv/animation and audio from those files and only succeeded slightly on movie.dat. as u well know that the animation is only 1-5secs when open. however if u use the nova extractor and change the size of that particular file larger, then u`ll get the whole mix-up animation. however the sound is of course - no audio. but when checked through mfaudio, evidently there's static as well "unclear" noise-voice.

so been thinking if u might be able to point out how to extract the sound. thanx in advance.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:hi, been following bot mgs 2 and 3 topics, kinda interesting .

actually, been trying to extract both fmv/animation and audio from those files and only succeeded slightly on movie.dat. as u well know that the animation is only 1-5secs when open. however if u use the nova extractor and change the size of that particular file larger, then u`ll get the whole mix-up animation. however the sound is of course - no audio. but when checked through mfaudio, evidently there's static as well "unclear" noise-voice.

so been thinking if u might be able to point out how to extract the sound. thanx in advance.
Well currently for the MOVIE.DAT i have been UNABLE to extract ANYTHING from it lol.
But the VOX.DAT I used UVAG in Jeader and got some stuff from it.
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

i`m using nova extractor to extract mpg stream from movi.dat, and it`s mpeg1-bit stream, total of 730mb to extract, however the picture kinda black and white for cut-scene while the ny real-lif scene is colored, but all no sound. will try to see if the UVAG is working. thanx
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

and btw, have u been to metalgearsolid.org? being wondering where's their cutscene came from? pc? or ps? or live recording.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:i`m using nova extractor to extract mpg stream from movi.dat, and it`s mpeg1-bit stream, total of 730mb to extract, however the picture kinda black and white for cut-scene while the ny real-lif scene is colored, but all no sound. will try to see if the UVAG is working. thanx
Yes I have been there, Its a good site actually lol.
Well I wondered for a while where their Clips came from, but im positive its not from hacking the DVD, I think they just used a DVD recorder to record the PS2 game in action.
btw:its nto on PS
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:i`m using nova extractor to extract mpg stream from movi.dat, and it`s mpeg1-bit stream, total of 730mb to extract, however the picture kinda black and white for cut-scene while the ny real-lif scene is colored, but all no sound. will try to see if the UVAG is working. thanx
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

so how's ur development is going around? any progress with the project?.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:so how's ur development is going around? any progress with the project?.
Well I went out and Bought MGS3 Subsistance about 15 minutes ago, so Im going to try and see if there are any differences between the DATS or not.
Of course it still seems to be ENCRYPTED.
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

okay. hope to hear something new from u then.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:okay. hope to hear something new from u then.
I ra it through STUNS and got SOMETHING, but its hard to tell QUITE what it is, though the STUNS OUTPUT doesnt seem to be compressed or encrypted, i found several BG.OFE2201 and BGM.L1U2.
But im not sure QUITE what they mean as of now.
I sent some files to turfster to see if HE could make anything out of thme or not.
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

well, been trying this tool before 2 days ago, and try it on my extracted mgs2 file which was 700mb and mpeg1 bit stream. waited for long hours and not too sure exactly what it does...

maybe, i`ll give it a try again by 2nite. thanx

btw, bgm? is it soundtrack files?
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:well, been trying this tool before 2 days ago, and try it on my extracted mgs2 file which was 700mb and mpeg1 bit stream. waited for long hours and not too sure exactly what it does...

maybe, i`ll give it a try again by 2nite. thanx

btw, bgm? is it soundtrack files?
BGM is BackGround Music yes.
Though it would be easier to simply get the ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK like so many of us did lol.
Its really good.
Well u dont have STUNS so maybe THATS why u cant get fa with MGS.
STUNS is attached in the twin snakes TOPIC check there for it.
If u need help in using it then contact me via MSN
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

well i`ve used stun.exe file previously and uses on my extracted mov.mpg which is 700mb above. but all i can do is just wait as it took a long time to do it's stuff. and furthermore, i have no idea where it place the those files to.

and also, u uses that file on which mgs3 file type? just a question.

uses gigahertz fmv tool manage to extract those fmvs plus certain animation, and this fmv are divided properly. but the only thing is the image can be distorted at times, and no audio.

using virtuamoddub to load those files and check on stream reveal no audio. so a test made to load back that file as an audio, and according to the file note, it's an mpeg 1-3layer stereo 44000kbits...something 100.50khz... like that. so what does that mean, btw? of course, when compressed as a wav file reveals no sound.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ech wrote:well i`ve used stun.exe file previously and uses on my extracted mov.mpg which is 700mb above. but all i can do is just wait as it took a long time to do it's stuff. and furthermore, i have no idea where it place the those files to.

and also, u uses that file on which mgs3 file type? just a question.
I use it on the STAGE.DAT (though ALL the files in MS3 are .DATS except the .ELF files that are just the playstation version of an .EXE

You dont DRAG anything into the STUNS icon lol.
What you have to do is run CMD(command Promt) then find the stuns

Code: Select all

directory(ie:c:\ documents and settings\dan\desktop.
The once you have navigated to the correct directory u type

Code: Select all

STUNS.exe - deflate STAGE.DAT
ech
n00b

Post by ech »

thanx for enlighten me regards to that, appreciate it much.