Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

New Pokémon Snap [NSP]

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Stallone
n00b

New Pokémon Snap [NSP]

Post by Stallone »

Hi,

I am trying to export audio files from New Pokémon Snap. After spending a night trying to do so I come for help.

So far, I was able to partially dump the NSP I got, it gave me the Sounds folder with English and Japanese voices, and lots of sound effects and a few music tracks. The one effect I'm looking for (the annoying ringtone to make pokémon dance) doesn't seem to be there.

There are also bank files in the directory but I don't know how to use them or decrypt the files. Same goes with all the other folders that host models etc. they are wrapped in .drp format that I don't know how to use or dump/decrypt.

I'm really new to this, so if someone with Switch dumping experience could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
andree
veteran

Re: New Pokémon Snap [NSP]

Post by andree »

Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

Thanks for the suggestion! Just tried it, didn't get any luck with this, it creates an empty -01 folder when trying to dump drpf file... And I provided the required dll from Warframe as mentionned on github so I don't know
bootyflute
ultra-n00b

Post by bootyflute »

Stallone wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:25 am Thanks for the suggestion! Just tried it, didn't get any luck with this, it creates an empty -01 folder when trying to dump drpf file... And I provided the required dll from Warframe as mentionned on github so I don't know
Sadly you can't just drag and drop the files for it to work, you have to use a .bat or command prompt command but it can do whole folders so thats helpful.
1.cd to the folder you unpacked the extractor and runtime too, make sure you have the whole runtime version downloaded
2. You should now be in the release folder directory in cmd should look something like C:\Users\YourUsername\Desktop\Release (replace YourUsername with your actual username)
3. Type: NewSnap.App.exe -drp C:\Users\YourUsername\Desktop\PokemonSnap\nx\Pack\Characters\master (replace YourUsername with your actual username, and whatever your root pokemon snap location is)
4. Hit enter and it should run through all the folders making CH_001 and so on folders
Sorry if this wasn't detailed enough but if you can use some simple cmd commands it is pretty easy! For any other folders, just hit the up arrow and delete the last folder location and type or paste the next master folder you want to extract.
Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you very much! I managed to use the program in cmd with your help. I got a couple more sound effects in .bnk extracted from .drp, but still no luck for the ONE i'm looking for... I'll wait more because there might be something more complicated that triggers it. I'll start with extracting all masters.

Thanks again