Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Last of Us 2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by daemon1 »

twitkiss wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:40 pm Looking for help with UVs

When I extract the pak file I get ASCIIs and SMDs. Blender gives me an error when I try and open the ASCIIs but will open the SMDs with 1 UV map, there are supposed to be 3.

I've tried opening in NOESIS and exporting the ASCIIs as FBX. Doing that I get 2 UVs but I'm still missing the 3rd UV with the stitches information.

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
you can open ascii's in blender if you copy-paste the skeleton to the model
it was like that for a lot of my tools, and i mentioned that when referring to the fact that this tool usage is same as "uncharted" tool
or you can find a better noesis plugin that reads more than 3 UVs
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:50 am you can open ascii's in blender if you copy-paste the skeleton to the model
it was like that for a lot of my tools, and i mentioned that when referring to the fact that this tool usage is same as "uncharted" tool
or you can find a better noesis plugin that reads more than 3 UVs
Thanks for the reply. Okay, I had read something in that Uncharted thread about copying and pasting the skeleton in the SMD file, which worked but didn't give me the UV's. I'll try more carefully with the ASCII. Thank you.
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

does someone know how to get the xyz position Values of the objects? Or Where i beginn to search for ist, in the Ascii files or bin files or anything?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Jan666 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 pm does someone know how to get the xyz position Values of the objects? Or Where i beginn to search for ist, in the Ascii files or bin files or anything?
By reversing the actual game binary data, because if the ASCII would have had those coordinates once you import the assets, they would have been positioned accordingly up on import in Blender, so if your a skilled reverser then that's where you need to start, not to ruin your enthusiasm, since you had to ask where to star, it would take you months to reach that level, if not more being a newbie.
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

mono24 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:09 am
Jan666 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 pm does someone know how to get the xyz position Values of the objects? Or Where i beginn to search for ist, in the Ascii files or bin files or anything?
By reversing the actual game binary data, because if the ASCII would have had those coordinates once you import the assets, they would have been positioned accordingly up on import in Blender, so if your a skilled reverser then that's where you need to start, not to ruin your enthusiasm, since you had to ask where to star, it would take you months to reach that level, if not more being a newbie.
Okay, i give it up, i am a total newbie in reverse engineering, maybe tlou2 is not the best game to begin with :), is daemon1 the only one who can create a maptool?
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

Someone know in which bin files i can find the positions/ xyz coordinates of an Object?
meganmi
advanced

Post by meganmi »

meganmi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:43 pm Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I get this error whenever I try to use the tool

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )
Has anyone else encountered this issue? What's the fix?
Woops, forgot to login to update this issue. Turns out, it's both because of Windows Defender and the character limit in Windows.

Moving the folder to the root of my C: drive and adding exceptions to Windows Defender solved this issue. :mrgreen:
RemyDemy
n00b

Post by RemyDemy »

Hey Awsome, can you release a Maptool aswell?
RemyDemy
n00b

Post by RemyDemy »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:46 pm The Last of Us 2 tool. Currently it can get all models with skeletons & textures.
Video with example model: https://youtu.be/Wr34rhWa3v8

There are 2 special switches for skeleton export:
/r - reparent helper bones. Helper bones are originally parented to other helper bones, and the whole helper set is then driven by famous naughty dog physics system. This option reparents them based on bone names, so this is incorrect way and thus not supported option. I dont guarantee that it will work any good so use this on your own risk.
/rs - only extract skeletons, and skip all other assets in PAK file, which is useful for skeleton preparing before anim conversion. Its called "rs" because it scans for skeletons, but also reparents helpers.

Tool also supports all animations except chunked and additive. Example videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPrcn-9i_Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ3KrzEiyNM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K1ax8pobEw

Can you please release a Map tool aswell?
Omniana2233
n00b

Post by Omniana2233 »

which tool should i use to extract psarc files ??
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

nayanalakaushik wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:47 am which tool should i use to extract psarc files ??
Noesis
macodys
ultra-n00b

Post by macodys »

Has anyone found the dodge animations? I can't find them anywhere.
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

I dont understand how skel and body would melt together in blender, if i open the skel *.smd file on a character nothing really happen. If i open the skel smd file alone there´s a chaos of joints. How could i open them together like in your video? The other thing is, can i only extract ellie anims? if i try to extract the anims of the bloater or clicker, nothing happen... :?
Omniana2233
n00b

Post by Omniana2233 »

Jan666 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 pm I dont understand how skel and body would melt together in blender, if i open the skel *.smd file on a character nothing really happen. If i open the skel smd file alone there´s a chaos of joints. How could i open them together like in your video? The other thing is, can i only extract ellie anims? if i try to extract the anims of the bloater or clicker, nothing happen... :?
first you should open skel.smd file with notepad ,and copy everything, and then open mesh (smd) with notepad and replace first 3 line with what you copyed and make sure there is no space between end and triangles.

Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

If i try to extract the anim files, the Tool Show me :
Skeleton directory (skels) not found

What do i Wrong? How the anim pak files will find the skel file of the character and extract them?