Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dark Souls III HKX Animations

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
EmiChu
ultra-n00b

Re: Dark Souls III HKX Animations

Post by EmiChu »

dropoff wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:21 pm ..............

You will get fbx file with animation you choose you can check it in noesis or 3ds max and i dont recommend you to import it directly to unreal engine better to convert it firstly with noesis then import to 3ds max.

If something doesnt work then write to me.
Hey, you said to "write if something doesn't work" and though I know it's been 4 years since you posted that, I do hope you're still active and are able to help.

I am trying to convert Bloodborne animations into FBX so that Unity will be able to read them. So far I've been unsuccessful. I am able to get the animations exported to FBX (tried through various means) but in the end the animations will be all twisted.
Now I wanted to try the Fallout 4 tools you mentioned, but I get an error when starting the program and even though it does start after, any conversion to FBX doesn't actually get done when I click "Convert to FBX". (It literally just says it's done but then no file is created)

The error is R6034 Runtime Error, an application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Unfortunately I am unable to find any help regarding this error online (you'd think more people had this error but I guess not...)

Any tips maybe? Maybe I'm missing a program or something? Any help would be appreciated because I've been nonstop searching for the past week for any way to get the animations to work properly but in the end I always end up with twisted animations :/
Mahone
ultra-n00b

Post by Mahone »

EmiChu wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:54 am

You will get fbx file with animation you choose you can check it in noesis or 3ds max and i dont recommend you to import it directly to unreal engine better to convert it firstly with noesis then import to 3ds max.

Hey, you said to "write if something doesn't work" and though I know it's been 4 years since you posted that, I do hope you're still active and are able to help.

I am trying to convert Bloodborne animations into FBX so that Unity will be able to read them. So far I've been unsuccessful. I am able to get the animations exported to FBX (tried through various means) but in the end the animations will be all twisted.
Now I wanted to try the Fallout 4 tools you mentioned, but I get an error when starting the program and even though it does start after, any conversion to FBX doesn't actually get done when I click "Convert to FBX". (It literally just says it's done but then no file is created)

The error is R6034 Runtime Error, an application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Unfortunately I am unable to find any help regarding this error online (you'd think more people had this error but I guess not...)

Any tips maybe? Maybe I'm missing a program or something? Any help would be appreciated because I've been nonstop searching for the past week for any way to get the animations to work properly but in the end I always end up with twisted animations :/

hmm. how did you get the animation?i got hkx files but nothing show up when i open with noesis plugin
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

Hey! Have you figured it out? I too am trying to get Bloodborne animations, but i cant :(( That Fallout4 GUI FBX converter doesnt do anything

I got this far -- i can open them in 3ds max, but after exporting them UE says "Warning: Could not create a valid skeleton from the import data that matches the given Skeletal Mesh. Check the bone names of both the Skeletal Mesh for this AnimSet and the animation data you are trying to import."
Tekkamanchronos
ultra-n00b

Post by Tekkamanchronos »

I'm having the same problem, were you able to find a solution?

Okay! i was able to figure out what i was doing wrong, so im gonna add in some more info for people who are trying to get this to work for stuff like blender. Atleast I am lol.

Okay here is the first problems, although someone posted the Havok files, These files like the person giving the instructions said Have to go through the conversion process, using the provided files as is will cause the converter to crash.
Follow the instructions and you will get a good havok file for using.
Once the file is saved from the Havok creator program and made into a good hkx file, you can use the hkx>FBX converter.
However once this file is converted it still needs help because blender does not support this type of FBX.
Open the newly created FBX in Noesis, then export it as a Dae animation. This will give you nice pretty bones for retargeting.
From there you can save it as an FBX if you want, or leave it as is.
Siiiggghh, i can't believe you have to do this one at a time, someone make a bulk converter for the starting hkx files >_<
Tekkamanchronos
ultra-n00b

Post by Tekkamanchronos »

Mahone wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:14 pm

hmm. how did you get the animation?i got hkx files but nothing show up when i open with noesis plugin
I dont know if you figured it out after all this time, but i made a video addressing the issue you're having as well as everyone else having issues with BB
https://youtu.be/VJiiZ3uXLz8