Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Incomplete 3d model

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Incomplete 3d model

Post by moonpaladin »

Helloo! I was trying to extract the model inside this .modl file, I was able to get a part of the body with hex2obj, but it was incomplete and without head. It seems that the file contains bone references but well it will be the next step, for the moment I want to get the entire model, maybe someone could check the file, maybe I'm just not doing right. Thanks :). [bruce]

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u83rf94b ... .modl/file
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Incomplete 3d model

Post by shakotay2 »

moonpaladin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:46 pmfor the moment I want to get the entire model, maybe someone could check the file, maybe I'm just not doing right. Thanks :).
I don't see the problem, it's just some work to do. :D If you don't want to get the whole format specs you'll need some rules (created by yourself) at least or a magic table with counts or something like that.
2303429-modl.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

woaaaaaa! I'm gonna try to get it this time! thanks Shakotay :D
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

shakotay2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:38 pm
moonpaladin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:46 pmfor the moment I want to get the entire model, maybe someone could check the file, maybe I'm just not doing right. Thanks :).
I don't see the problem, it's just some work to do. :D If you don't want to get the whole format specs you'll need some rules (created by yourself) at least or a magic table with counts or something like that.
2303429-modl.png
By the wayyyy how about the uv block? because the body part that I get didn't have the uv map I tried with some values in the uv block but them failed x.x. I totally forgot to ask about that at the beginning, because it was something that I was also missing. :(
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

moonpaladin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:08 pmI tried with some values in the uv block but them failed x.x.
well, how about gaining some basics instead of brute force trying? [roll] (modulo 4 for floats didn't you know?)
It's 28-8 for the head so use 20.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"