Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Playdead's INSIDE Wem files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
PleaseWorkPlease
ultra-n00b

Playdead's INSIDE Wem files

Post by PleaseWorkPlease »

Hi there

I've been trying to extract INSIDE's wem files for a while now. I've used Wwise, 'convertwem', vgm_ripping-master, ima rejigger 5, Wwise_ima_adpcm, and others. Unfortunately, I've still been unable to get it to work. Most recently, on my last extract with the ima_adpcm extractor, I got a message saying..

[ERROR] invalid input file format. Expected Wwise IMA ADPCM, Found Format: 65534. BitsPerSample: 16, BlockAlignment: 4, SampleRate: 48000

I was once able to convert all of the wem files to OGG, but they were glitched and had no information in them.
I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could please help me work this out. It's the last game (in a huge list) that I've been extracting and I'm on the last little bit but it feels impossible due to my lack of knowledge and experience :blue: :( . Below is the link to the list of wem files I can't convert. I would love and be thankful for any comments or advice! :keke: :mrgreen: :]

https://mega.nz/folder/YrpmgTbK#BJR7aTJWJAGfOEH9fW0aJQ
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Playdead's INSIDE Wem files

Post by DKDave »

The simplest way is to install Foobar and the vgmstream plugin. They play perfectly fine, and you can convert them to various formats from there.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
PleaseWorkPlease
ultra-n00b

Re: Playdead's INSIDE Wem files

Post by PleaseWorkPlease »

Wow!!! It worked!!! Thank you so much DKDave. Now to go back and see if I can find the wems I deleted that I thought were broken, this is so much more convenient than every other converter I was using! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :keke: :owned2: :lol: :wv: