Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Converting Pikmin 2 animations

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Caleb123459
ultra-n00b

Converting Pikmin 2 animations

Post by Caleb123459 »

Hi, I've managed to extract Pikmin 2 models with their original skeletons. I've been searching the web for about a week now trying to find information of convert the animation files to something that 3DS Max can read. The format of the animations are BCA (and according to the wiki, there are also BCK animation files but I have yet to see them). It would mean a lot if someone could help me out with this, if you require anymore information then let me know.

Cheers :D
firblind
n00b

Re: Converting Pikmin 2 animations

Post by firblind »

Bump
Caleb123459
ultra-n00b

Post by Caleb123459 »

Bump
MeltyPlayer
ultra-n00b

Post by MeltyPlayer »

Apologies for bumping such an old post, but I'm interested in helping out on this!

I've been getting into modding in the last few months, working on a very similar project to rip Ocarina of Time's models/rigs/animations and export them to a useful format (.glTF specifically, for portability). I kind of cheated by starting from another developer's project, Utility of Time, but I've just recently gotten to the point where I'm able to export them and import into Blender. (I've catalogued my progress on my Twitter if you're interested: https://twitter.com/MeltyPlayer)

The next game I wanted to look into was Pikmin 1 or 2, so if you're already this far then that saves me a lot of work, lol. Let me know if you're still interested in any help!
Caleb123459
ultra-n00b

Post by Caleb123459 »

MeltyPlayer wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:59 am Apologies for bumping such an old post, but I'm interested in helping out on this!

I've been getting into modding in the last few months, working on a very similar project to rip Ocarina of Time's models/rigs/animations and export them to a useful format (.glTF specifically, for portability). I kind of cheated by starting from another developer's project, Utility of Time, but I've just recently gotten to the point where I'm able to export them and import into Blender. (I've catalogued my progress on my Twitter if you're interested: https://twitter.com/MeltyPlayer)

The next game I wanted to look into was Pikmin 1 or 2, so if you're already this far then that saves me a lot of work, lol. Let me know if you're still interested in any help!
Dude yes please :] any and all help is greatly appreciated. If you have a Discord you should add me for easier contact on this @ Cpt. Hazama#0530
Of course, if we can get something to work I'll post back on this forum as I'm sure we're not the only ones interested in ripping Pikmin animations
~ Cpt. Hazama
MeltyPlayer
ultra-n00b

Post by MeltyPlayer »

It looks like I'm not able to friend you, can you try adding me? MeltyPlayer#3178