Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.bank audio files from celeste custom mods zip

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Helpseeker
ultra-n00b

.bank audio files from celeste custom mods zip

Post by Helpseeker »

Hello!
I am trying to extract .bank files from a zip of celeste custom mods audio. I have used the tools that convert .bank to .fsb and fsb to ogg, I even get the audio files names correct, but if i play the ogg file, it says file maybe corrupted and can't play :( . The zip also contained a GUIDs file, so i thought i could use FMOD studio to open it, but failed in opening a bank file as fmod seems to open only a .fsmod project file , which contains .xml files in the project's bank folder. So i am stuck, don't know how to extract the audio , Any Help would be Great for me as i Love the music but can't find it downloadable after extensive search online. Can someone HELP me please? THANKS

I have linked a zip containing the bank file and guids file(idk if guids file is useful, but anyway). :) :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/582yexjj ... o.rar/file
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: .bank audio files from celeste custom mods zip

Post by DKDave »

If you use my attached QuickBMS script to extract the FSB file, you can then drop that extracted FSB file straight into Foobar and vgmstream can play/convert the files as required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Helpseeker
ultra-n00b

Post by Helpseeker »

Sorry for disturbing you but I am extremely new here, and I don't know how to get started. Which software should I use to run .bms file? Is it vgmtoolbox? If yes where should I copy the bms file? Please post a detailed solution/steps , I am an ultranoob. And what software should I use to convert the final fsb to audio... Thank you!!

Edit: ok I downloaded quickBMS and ran your .bms file and .bank file,(did I do it right?). I got a .fsb. Used the fsbext , still the corrupted message shows up, I didn't get the foobar and vgmstream part. Thanks
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

Firstly, download QuickBMS: http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm - save my bms script somewhere you'll remember. I usually put them in the same folder as the data file to be extracted.

If you run QuickBMS from the exe, it'll ask you to select the script, then the file (bgm.dat), then an output folder - you should then end up with 1 .fsb file in your output folder.

You'll also need Foobar: https://www.foobar2000.org/ and the vgmstream plugin: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/v ... _vgmstream

Once you've got those installed, you can just drop the .fsb file onto Foobar to play them. You can then convert them to various formats by selecting the ones you want to convert and right-clicking and selecting Convert.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Helpseeker
ultra-n00b

Post by Helpseeker »

You are a true SAVIOUR bro. I couldn't remotely find the answer and you explained it clearly. Now I can finally enjoy the music...Thanks a lot!!! :)