Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
abstrait
n00b

Re: Detroit Become Human tools

Post by abstrait »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:04 am
1. run "detroit anim"
This will extract all 24500 files with anims. Sorry no progress indication, this may take a few minutes.
Hey daemon, did you find Chloe's animations ?
Hard to find them in this huge list.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Detroit Become Human tools

Post by daemon1 »

abstrait wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:04 pm Hey daemon, did you find Chloe's animations ?
Hard to find them in this huge list.
No, I never looked for any particular anims.
Predator0000

Re: Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post by Predator0000 »

happy new year 2021 to everyone :wink:
Last edited by Predator0000 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EWTube0
ultra-n00b

Post by EWTube0 »

Please make a video tutorial example on YouTube how to export 3D models from Detroit Become Human, because iam want this, but if iam open Detroit.exe file iam can't write nothing and nothing is written there is just a black screen. And it's the same with all the exe files in the zip file you gave in the attachment. PS: I want to extract 3D models from the PC version. Please HELP.
EWTube0
ultra-n00b

Post by EWTube0 »

Please make a video tutorial example on YouTube how to export 3D models from Detroit Become Human, because iam want this, but if iam open Detroit.exe file iam can't write nothing and nothing is written there is just a black screen. And it's the same with all the exe files in the zip file you gave in the attachment. PS: I want to extract 3D models from the PC version. Please HELP.
xactgd
ultra-n00b

Post by xactgd »

Does anyone know how to get materials to load? the output file looks for materials called m_<number> but the textures are just <number>
DanielTravis
ultra-n00b

Post by DanielTravis »

Hi! Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you so much for these lovely tools, but I keep getting "model X not found" error. I did follow the instructions.
What should I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birdie
ultra-n00b

Post by Birdie »

Hello!

I followed the instructions and I tried extracting the 'D0F' model from the PC version but I get the error "This app can't run on your PC."

In the command prompt I also get the error "Access is denied."

Does anyone have any idea why this might happen?

Thank you in advance!
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

hi possible to make a script just to convert all the animations to smd, it would be easier for the job i want to do i would like to see all the animations thanks
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

you can make batch files to convert all animations
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

it works thanks to a friend :)
Last edited by Predator0000 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

How do the model codes from the file lists work? As in, how are they connected to the data in the .idx and .dat files?
rabbitator
ultra-n00b

Post by rabbitator »

Hi! I am writing a blender importer for your converted .ascii models.
I have a trouble on some data types of submeshes - faces indicies are incorrect. You can see this on attached image. My importer successefully worked on broken Daniel's model (1999_208.ascii), but with another file (1D3D_425.ascii) this happens, but onlu with some models (which have vertex normals data). So what is wrong with faces indices and how do I fix it?
Thanks for your work! [roll]

TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

rabbitator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:26 am Hi! I am writing a blender importer for your converted .ascii models.
I have a trouble on some data types of submeshes - faces indicies are incorrect. You can see this on attached image. My importer successefully worked on broken Daniel's model (1999_208.ascii), but with another file (1D3D_425.ascii) this happens, but onlu with some models (which have vertex normals data). So what is wrong with faces indices and how do I fix it?
Thanks for your work! [roll]

You could always just import the .mesh.ascii files into Blender using this script: https://github.com/johnzero7/XNALaraMesh or reverse-engineer it's code for your own.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

DanielTravis wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:13 pm What should I do to fix this?

I don't know if you still need help. Cmd is running in the wrong place. The tools is in a different location. Cannot find the cmd "ini" file.
Basically watch the tutorial video I made.
Those who still have problems can take advantage of them.

3d models extract, skeleton, texture alpha map --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLN5jGNpNK8
Eyes edit, eyes vertex paint, UV map --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLjVrQy0GO0
Animation --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E3VPg0j_Ns