Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Robotech Battlecry Vicious Engine .Pak Files Extraction?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Blaze Modz
advanced

Robotech Battlecry Vicious Engine .Pak Files Extraction?

Post by Blaze Modz »

Currently looking to get the .Pak files from Robotech: Battlecry extracted, so I can look into them. Models, textures, anything that is possible to extract from these .pak files will be greatly appreciated! I've read some other previous posts on here for games on the same engine, and most people seem to say this is a REALLY Easy, uncompressed format. Which, I'd love to see for myself, although I can Not for the life of me, get into them. And I have used some of the scripts that people have made, but they never seem to work, unfortunately, usually citing this error:

"Error: incomplete input file 0: vf1a.pak
Can't read 64 bytes from offset 737a1000. (<- I assume this is because the file is a particular hex that the script does not account for?)
Anyway don't worry, it's possible that the BMS script has been written
to exit in this way if it's reached the end of the archive so check it
or contact its author or verify that all the files have been extracted.
Please check the following coverage information to know if it's ok.

coverage file 0 1% 32979 1666060 . offset 737a1000

Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
10 log NAME OFFSET SIZE"

I left a few sample assets, if that helps. Thank you! Anything would be greatly appreciated!!
(It's safe to assume that "skin_stealth" is the skin for the model, and "vf1s" is the choosable head option. I included some other ones I wasn't sure about, cause I would presume Those would be the Body models?)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3s8vnjzv ... k.rar/file
Hiya!! ^^
Blaze Modz
advanced

Re: Robotech Battlecry Vicious Engine .Pak Files Extraction?

Post by Blaze Modz »

Bump, sorry. I'm really looking into getting these extracted. Any help is appreciated <3
Hiya!! ^^
Fortniteman11
ultra-n00b

Post by Fortniteman11 »

did you figure it out
roocker666
advanced

Post by roocker666 »

Those models are made with a lot of submeshes, I analyzed one submesh and I found vertices and faces but my result looks like a mess.. It seems like those files are from Gamecube version so I tried with Xbox version and the result looks better:

It is better if you use Xbox files but you need to extract each submesh manually because I don't know the whole format of .pak files. For what I can see, these .pak files include skeleton, meshes, animations and textures.