Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Samyy360
advanced

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by Samyy360 »

I couldn't change the pte to the crn aaaaaaaa
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

You just need to change extension to .crn. For example save it as "name.crn" instead of "name.pte".
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

I know,., I happen to do this and it contained in the pte format
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

Samyy360 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:37 pm I know,., I happen to do this and it contained in the pte format
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGrxtSZ ... InfoVideos
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

You was supposed to move .crn file to the crunch.exe. (you can also use microsoft powershell for this if you know how to use it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

I moved the file to the crunch and nothing happens,.,
catianna
ultra-n00b

Post by catianna »

Hi! So i got to the point where I got the files now, but didn't get crunch to work. I have some .pme files, but most are still .pte and .pmt . Crunch didn't work, or atleast the one that was linked here. Any tips?
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

I also can't use the crunch but so far there is no one who knows to help us
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

catianna wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 am Hi! So i got to the point where I got the files now, but didn't get crunch to work. I have some .pme files, but most are still .pte and .pmt . Crunch didn't work, or atleast the one that was linked here. Any tips?
Can you tell me what isn't working and with more details? It would also help a lot if you send me a video what are you doing so I can help you.
I also said before that files are still encrypted so even after using crunch you will see bunch of pixels instead of a texture. If you're talking about this then sorry I can't help you.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

Samyy360 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:49 pm I also can't use the crunch but so far there is no one who knows to help us
I tried to help you before. If you still need help message me on private messages. Tell me what you're doing or send me a video so I can help you.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
catianna
ultra-n00b

Post by catianna »

kapibarcia wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:01 pm
catianna wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 am Hi! So i got to the point where I got the files now, but didn't get crunch to work. I have some .pme files, but most are still .pte and .pmt . Crunch didn't work, or atleast the one that was linked here. Any tips?
Can you tell me what isn't working and with more details? It would also help a lot if you send me a video what are you doing so I can help you.
I also said before that files are still encrypted so even after using crunch you will see bunch of pixels instead of a texture. If you're talking about this then sorry I can't help you.
Hi! So I've actually been on top of this a few days now. I've got things to work. But I can promise you the the files are not encrypted. I've been in contact with many people who have actually done this. I got crunch to work, but it's not the file that's linked here. You have to download it from the original github, and after that you need a little bit of cmd knowledge, to get things through crunch. Only thing I can say is that the information is already here in this thread. It's not that hard in the end.
catianna
ultra-n00b

DDS compressed with DXT1

Post by catianna »

Okay, so I have a tiny problem. I have .DDS files that have been compressed using DXT1. Does anyone have any idea how to get these open?

A little bit background info:

So the original format was .pte and that format is not being used by any other game so far. They use crunch compression to compress the files, so the first thing of course is to take hex, remove the header and then run the .crn file through crunch. Crunch outputs a .DDS file that is compressed using DXT1. We can open the .DDS file, but It's "pixelated". I've added pictures so that you can understand this a little better.

Some say that these files are encrypted, but I've been in contact with a few people who actually have done this and they confirmed that they aren't encrypted. Of course modding is wrong in some cases, so they don't want to tell everything, but we want these purely for creative purposes and giving feedback to the game devs. I don't even know if this is right what I'm asking, but have been stuck with this problem for a while now.

Thank in advance for the information provided! <3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
catianna
ultra-n00b

Re: DDS compressed with DXT1

Post by catianna »

This is what I mean by "pixelated"
Samyy360
advanced

Re: DDS compressed with DXT1

Post by Samyy360 »

catianna wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:06 pm This is what I mean by "pixelated"

good but we dnt have nothing to do with this piexeled texture XD