Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

TitanFall (.vpk) archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: TitanFall (.vpk) archives

Post by mono24 »

tschumann wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:47 am Hm, I'll have to check that file - what command are you running?
Again, that was just an example, every single file has same result on both Titanfall games:

Code: Select all

gssmt.exe englishclient_mp_airbase.bsp.pak000_dir.vpk -x
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check this yet - been busy.
englishclient_frontend.bsp.pak000_dir.vpk from Titanfall 2 and englishclient_mp_common.bsp.pak000_dir.vpk from Apex Legends are the test files I use - do they work for you? And are you copying across all the other .vpk files too? Extraction won't work unless all the pak00*_00*.vpk files are in the same directory.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

tschumann wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:53 am...do they work for you? And are you copying across all the other .vpk files too? Extraction won't work unless all the pak00*_00*.vpk files are in the same directory.
Every single file i try has same result on my end as i mentioned, and i used the tool in the VPK directory, there for every file was there nothing has been changed/removed.
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

Can you try copying the .vpk files to your desktop say and run the extraction from there? It may not have permission to write to the Origin directory.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

tschumann wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:41 am...It may not have permission to write to the Origin directory.
Your joking, right?
Who keeps their games in C drive yet alone "Program Files"?
And, no its not a permission issue at all, the program simply does no extraction only outputs a log then it crashes, nothing else happens.
Does it need some sort of prerequisites?
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

No, that's how Windows has its permissions set by default - Program Files and similar don't seem to be writable by a normal user.

Did you copy gssmt into Program Files?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hm, thought it was already self explanatory, my games are NOT in Program Files there for has nothing to do with permissions.
Everything resides in a different HDD, i did NOT have to copy it in Program Files as there are no games there to begin with, the tool does not work, or at least not on my end.
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

Okay, I understand now.
I'm not sure what the problem is though - I tested on my computer and the files get extracted in the directory where gssmt is located. If it can't extract it segfaults. Do you get a crash dump? I can't remember where exactly they get created but somewhere in C:\Users\you