Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Black Desert Online File Formats (PAB, PAC, PAA)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Drawing
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Black Desert Online File Formats (PAB, PAC, PAA)

Post by Drawing »

Doesn't blender script work with all models of just the newest one?
Try it with the first folder of monster ( should be the older one ) and let me know.

They updated the graphic engine but it's unlikely they converted all the models .
Bruno89dh
ultra-n00b

Post by Bruno89dh »

Does anyone know how to open the new Pac and Pab files, I can only open the old files
yang4228907
ultra-n00b

Post by yang4228907 »

shakotay2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:12 pm
yang4228907 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:37 am please help~~
PEARLABYSS paa animation
what is this? A request? How do you think anyone could know what your problem is?
How to open and what are the steps

Thank you very very very much!
In blender 2.49b: with the suiting blend file open (yes, there are several .blend file versions, which version/date are you talking about?)

with the mouse cursor in blender's script window:
- press alt-p, load pac (the mesh)
- press alt-p, load pab (the skeleton)
- press alt-p, load paa (the animation)

result:
m0001_07_goblin_boss_armor_0001.png
console output:
Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
M0001_07_Goblin_Boss_Armor_0001
WARNING: no log
very thanks
yang4228907
ultra-n00b

Post by yang4228907 »

HI masters

blender249 Is the script updated? The latest action model can't be opened, if you know, please help us to see it, thank you very much 。

The error is as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BlackDesert.py", line 136, in openFile
file.close()
File "BlackDesert.py", line 122, in Parser
g=BinaryReader(file)
File "BlackDesert.py", line 70, in pabParser
bone.matrix=Matrix4x4(g.f(16))
File "F:\参考资料\黑沙参考\Blender\.blender\scripts\newGameLib\myLibraries\binaresLib.py", line 212, in f
data=struct.unpack(self.endian+n*'f',self.inputFile.read(n*4))
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lujieshen
ultra-n00b

Post by lujieshen »

Hi all,

I just struggled to fix newer fileformats and here are modified 010 Templates. In a word: when `flag==256` in Bone, additional 9 float3 (maybe Mat3x3) is provided in the file. I can't figure out what it means but we can still get the right data from it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fre3e
ultra-n00b

Post by fre3e »

I have an answer to the ppl wanting to import newer PAC models.

All you have to do is change two things below def pacParser:
1) g.seek(0x10) -> g.seek(0x14)
2) if parVer == 259: -> if parVer == 515 or parVer == 771:

I also have a question:
The dds files always have two versions for the textures for example pem_00_cloak_0002 and pem_00_cloak_0002_dm.
Does anyone know what the "_dm" means?
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Don't have those textures but might stand for "diffuse map" (or dark mage, whatever :D ).
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
fre3e
ultra-n00b

Post by fre3e »

shakotay2 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:42 pm Don't have those textures but might stand for "diffuse map" (or dark mage, whatever :D ).
Actually I found it out.
There are two versions of the same texture, the un-damaged version (e.g. "pem_00_sho_0002.dds") and a damaged version (e.g. "pem_00_sho_0002_dm.dds").

Man this took me a few hours but I finally managed to have a decent workflow to export everything I need. Wish there was better documentation but what helped was piecing together info from the chrrox and this thread.

As it stands now, I have to tweak my script a bit depending on the pac version and also have to manually change the output of the paz browser, to get the right textures. I dont have the time to fix the paz_browser (but maybe this import script, as the problem here is not that complex).
Is anyone interested in a small tutorial from start-finish (from paz_browser to blender2.90 with working model/texture/animations ?) if there is enough interest, I might write it down.

The only thing thats left, just to have a bit more convenience:
Does anyone have a working python3 version of this script for Blender 2.90 ?
I tried with the simple 2to3 Python script but that didnt work. Most likely too much has changed from 2.49b to 2.90 Blender.
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

fre3e wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:45 pm
shakotay2 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:42 pm Don't have those textures but might stand for "diffuse map" (or dark mage, whatever :D ).
Actually I found it out.
There are two versions of the same texture, the un-damaged version (e.g. "pem_00_sho_0002.dds") and a damaged version (e.g. "pem_00_sho_0002_dm.dds").

Man this took me a few hours but I finally managed to have a decent workflow to export everything I need. Wish there was better documentation but what helped was piecing together info from the chrrox and this thread.

As it stands now, I have to tweak my script a bit depending on the pac version and also have to manually change the output of the paz browser, to get the right textures. I dont have the time to fix the paz_browser (but maybe this import script, as the problem here is not that complex).
Is anyone interested in a small tutorial from start-finish (from paz_browser to blender2.90 with working model/texture/animations ?) if there is enough interest, I might write it down.

The only thing thats left, just to have a bit more convenience:
Does anyone have a working python3 version of this script for Blender 2.90 ?
I tried with the simple 2to3 Python script but that didnt work. Most likely too much has changed from 2.49b to 2.90 Blender.
Hey guy! I'm rewriting Szkaradek123's script with python 3 for blender 2.9.But when I tested pdw samples I attached below,blender goes wrong.
(parVer of pac ==771, of pab ==1025)
Have you figued out how to solve the "Bonename" problems? Maybe it use phw's skeleton?

Here are the sample files: containing .pac .pab .paa extracted from remastered version 2100.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csZJt9 ... sp=sharing
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

Hi,here's the Noesis script I fixed for remastered game Version 2100.Supporting all classes nude model.
I skipped some data after flag 256&1025.But,what they mean?
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

48464385 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm Hi,here's the Noesis script I fixed for remastered game Version 2100.Supporting all classes nude model.

Fix a bug.Bone name should use "euc-kr" coding instead of "ASCII".
Noesis may not display korean charset correctly. But it export to .fbx with correctly bone name.I tested on pdw_00_ub_0001.pac :D

BTW,You may need to extract "core321.zip" to folder "noesis\plugins\python\core321.zip\" manually. Otherwise,Noesis may have "IOError: zipimport" [roll]
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

48464385 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:07 pm
48464385 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm Hi,here's the Noesis script I fixed for remastered game Version 2100.Supporting all classes nude model.

Fix a bug.Bone name should use "euc-kr" coding instead of "ASCII".
Noesis may not display korean charset correctly. But it export to .fbx with correctly bone name.I tested on pdw_00_ub_0001.pac :D

BTW,You may need to extract "core321.zip" to folder "noesis\plugins\python\core321.zip\" manually. Otherwise,Noesis may have "IOError: zipimport" [roll]
Update:viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10909&start=75#p173600