Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
funjord
ultra-n00b

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by funjord »

I get file could not be previewed after running the a.BAT on Noesis
Spartan019
n00b

Post by Spartan019 »

I should preface this my stating for the record that I am, in fact, an idiot.
But!
On the PC version...

So I've got the oo2core_5_win64.dll and the horizon_pc.exe in the localacheDX12 folder - when I run the latter all I've getting is a repeated message of "Unexpected packed size!" and "Unexpected packed size"

Am I doing this wrong?
As another in this thread did - I pinched the oo2core_8 file from warframe and renamed it. Unsure if that's the issue.

Halp?
AtomicJunkie
ultra-n00b

Post by AtomicJunkie »

Spartan019 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:02 am I should preface this my stating for the record that I am, in fact, an idiot.
But!
On the PC version...

So I've got the oo2core_5_win64.dll and the horizon_pc.exe in the localacheDX12 folder - when I run the latter all I've getting is a repeated message of "Unexpected packed size!" and "Unexpected packed size"

Am I doing this wrong?
As another in this thread did - I pinched the oo2core_8 file from warframe and renamed it. Unsure if that's the issue.

Halp?
You must not use the tool in the game folder directly. Copy only the files Initial.bin, DLC1.bin and Remainder.bin into another folder and try the horizon_pc there. You can use the horizon.ini to specify the location of your copied files.
See first post in this thread. Workflow is similiar to PS4 version. You can use the oo2core file from the game itself and rename it. This worked for me very well.
Spartan019
n00b

Post by Spartan019 »

AtomicJunkie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:07 pm
You must not use the tool in the game folder directly. Copy only the files Initial.bin, DLC1.bin and Remainder.bin into another folder and try the horizon_pc there. You can use the horizon.ini to specify the location of your copied files.
See first post in this thread. Workflow is similiar to PS4 version. You can use the oo2core file from the game itself and rename it. This worked for me very well.
That's got it! Danke!
I renamed the hzd oo2core_3 as 7 this time and the tool happily spat out a res.text file.
mrj
ultra-n00b

Post by mrj »

Hi ! I am new to this stuff, I have been trying to extract audio files from HZD. I have core files but I don't know how to convert them to typical audio formats. Is it possible? Thanks.

Edit: Wow, I just had to rename core to wav. thanks for the extraction tools anyways !
Lukas0122
ultra-n00b

Post by Lukas0122 »

1.question why when i convert .core files to dds, dds are broken(like for horse i have only usable 3 diffuse textures) and other are some broken textures. Is there way to repair it?
2.questions I tried to get horse armature,but i am confused how to write to cmd this "horizon [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] > a.bat" for horse(also horse dont have in blender any vertex group).PC version
sgiath
ultra-n00b

Post by sgiath »

mrj wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:21 am Hi ! I am new to this stuff, I have been trying to extract audio files from HZD. I have core files but I don't know how to convert them to typical audio formats. Is it possible? Thanks.

Edit: Wow, I just had to rename core to wav. thanks for the extraction tools anyways !
Do you have the resourcenames of the music? I'm not able to get it, just the loading music. The rest of files that I'm extracting is 1Kb or 4Kb... it's frustating...
roslairy
ultra-n00b

Post by roslairy »

Got head mesh with weighted skeleton on PC version, thanks
markfisher
ultra-n00b

Post by markfisher »

So far most of this has been working for me, with a single exception. I am not able to extract any of the robot helper bones. When I run robot.helpers.core through Horizon_pc nothing happens. It is the same for skeleton_rootbone_helpers.core, and this has happened on every machine that I have tried so far. I have been otherwise able to extract the body, components and the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core (main skeleton).

Possibly related, when I run the command "Horizon_pc.exe [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] >A.bat" it is unable to find the file [mesh_skeleton].

Does anyone here have any suggestions? I would be incredibly excited to get these working. Where it stands, I could manually place each component, but that wouldn't be ideal.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

markfisher wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:32 am When I run robot.helpers.core through Horizon_pc nothing happens
I never said you have to do that. This file is needed, but you dont have to run it through Horizon_pc.

executing "Horizon_pc.exe [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] >A.bat" means you have to put real file names as parameters.
markfisher
ultra-n00b

Post by markfisher »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:09 am executing "Horizon_pc.exe [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] >A.bat" means you have to put real file names as parameters.
Thank you, I am brand new to this so I am not used to the syntax yet. Since I have seen this question before, I'll add what I did here.
In this specific case, I am trying to extract the charger (goat) and execute:
"Horizon_pc.exe mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core horsetemplate.core_0.animskel > a.bat"
That generated the correct bat file that I could then edit per the instructions.

Now the only issue I have left is trying to get the destructible parts properly applied to the mesh, and this is probably a syntax issue as well. I am using the smd files so that they can be directly imported into blender. I copied and pasted the skeleton into the main body file (and that works great) but when I paste the parts at the end of the file they are placed at the origin instead of the associated helper bones. There is a blender script posted earlier that does this, but they don't always move correctly when placed that way. Is there a specific syntax to follow, or am I missing something else here?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

markfisher wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:07 pm Now the only issue I have left is trying to get the destructible parts properly applied to the mesh
i'm not sure which step did you miss, because you didnt say exactly what you did, but most probably you didnt have robot_modelhelpers in the same folder, so it was not used during conversion.
markfisher
ultra-n00b

Post by markfisher »

Here is what I did, step by step.

ran Horizon_pc.exe to extract res file.
Using that list, created a text file to extract everything for the charger (goat) and named it Charger.txt

models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/body
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/eye_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/goat_lefthorn_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/goat_lefthorndes_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/goat_righthorn_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/goat_righthorndes_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/platebody01_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/platehead01_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/platehead02_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/platehead03_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg01_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg02_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg03_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg04_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg05_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg06_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg07_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg08_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg09_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg10_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg11_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateleg12_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateneck01_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateneck02_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateneck03_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateneck04_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateneck05_lx
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/parts/plateneck06_lx
models/characters/robots/canisters/model/parts/horse_goat_canister_fuel
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/skeletons/mesh_skeleton_rootbone
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/skeletons/skeleton_rootbone_helpers
entities/characters/robots/templates/archetypes/horsetemplate
models/characters/robots/goat/animation/robot_modelhelpers --I was missing this before.

executed Horizon_pc.exe /e Charger.txt to extract the core files, one by one. (can they all be extracted at once?)
Dragged each part file into horizon_pc, one by one. (can they all be extracted at once?)
Run Horizon_pc on template file

Execute "Horizon_pc.exe mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core horsetemplate.core_0.animskel > a.bat"
Change the "_helper" strings to ".core" strings in a.bat
Run a.bat (I am not sure if this is running successfully, what should I see as an output?)

When combining parts, should I be putting the destructible and main body together into one smd file? Pasting the skeleton into the body file has been working.

I noticed I am missing the blaze canister, will this (and other similar parts) also automatically be added if I extract them along side everything else? ---Edit--- Added the blaze canister to the list.
Neil187
ultra-n00b

Post by Neil187 »

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if I am missing something blatantly obvious, but here is my issue:

I could not get .core files using this tool, so I used DecimaExplorer to extract everything at once. Now that I have the core files, I need to extract from those using horizon_pc. When I drag/drop a core file onto the exe, nothing happens at all. I do not even get an error message. I used the .dll from Horizon to extract everything and the file is also in the same folder as the exe. Can anyone think of where I'm going wrong?

Thank you, by the way, for putting work into this tool.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Sounds like its the way you unpacked the game.. unpack your packed pink folder then run batch file on the archive using horizion.exe

put horizon.exe into your folder along with oodle
run horizon.exe
this will make a list.txt file
now run
horizon /x list.txt
*edit list.txt for resource you want or extract all*
I run a batch file on them..
my .bat
for %%i in (*.core) do /r C:\Users\******\Horizon\Image0\packed_pink\horizon.exe "%%i"
or cmd
horizon.exe /x list.txt
all there is to it :D

works the same way with death stranding