Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mortal Kombat 11/X Animation Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Mortal Kombat 11/X Animation Tool

Post by akderebur »

Multiple Meshes/Scene Support

Edit:
This version is obsolete. Check out this post: viewtopic.php?p=170016#p170016

Jade Fatal Blow
Last edited by akderebur on Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

This looks great! Thanks very much for the update. Will you be adding the face animations as well in the future?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Straight Edge wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:50 am Will you be adding the face animations as well in the future?
Some face animations should already work. The ones that use skeletal animation only.

If you mean the morph animations, I am planning to add support for them too. I don't know when though. Need to do a few more tests and find a good way to export/convert to some middle format.
mk11fan
ultra-n00b

Post by mk11fan »

akderebur wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:44 pm Multiple Meshes/Scene Support

- Switched to mesh.ascii for future morph support. DON'T use SMD.
- You will still convert them to NUX though, before loading into the animation tool
- Use the included "fmt_nxps_0_9_6.py" script for mesh.ascii. I have made a change related to rotations.

The new version requires some more user input for building the scene. Better watch the tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98eqdDYfps

Tool Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iyfb9jxx ... e.rar/file

Jade Fatal Blow
Many thanks for the updates on this tool.

One remark though. Now we are using the mesh.ascii format and composing our model with several nux-exported-mesh.ascii objects. However, some objects, like Krypt Ermac exist in one single mesh.ascii or smd file.

In the previous version of your tool, using the ERM_01_smd.nux would work properly with the CAS_Supermove.AnimSequence.

With the recent version, using the ERM_01.mesh.nux with the same animation, will produce a skewered animation.

Any chance to fix that?

Thanks again for your great work! Following with interest.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

mk11fan wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:27 pm Any chance to fix that?
I don't seem to have "ERM" in my game files. If you can send the mesh.ascii file I can take a look. However, I was able to use different anims with different chars. Tried "CAS_Supermove" with Erron and it worked fine. Of course, I haven't tested all.

Make sure you use this version of daemon's tool: viewtopic.php?p=152964#p152964 And also make sure you are using Noesis scripts included in the rar. If you had previous mesh.ascii scripts for example remove them.

Edit:
I will also bring back SMD support anyway for Injustice 2. It looks like mesh.ascii doesn't have rotations for that game. So if you can't make it work, you can use the SMD again worst case. I will probably release the update tomorrow.
mk11fan
ultra-n00b

Post by mk11fan »

akderebur wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:16 am
mk11fan wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:27 pm Any chance to fix that?
(...)
And also make sure you are using Noesis scripts included in the rar. If you had previous mesh.ascii scripts for example remove them.
(...)
You are correct. I was using a nux file that had been generated with the previous scripts. It worked well after generating a NUX model with the new scripts.

Thanks!

Edit: Krypt Ermac files here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhwo7141kggvy ... i.rar?dl=1 You can extract them from the BGND_Krypt_ShangTsungIsland.(PSF || XXX) files.
Omegared
ultra-n00b

Post by Omegared »

Hello!

Realy nice work! i like to see the ingame animations:)

One big question, now is possible export the 3D modells - in base stand pose, and we can visualise the animation of the 3D modell, but possible somehow export a one state of the 3D modell in one animation phase\step example as 3D modell? or import animation into blender to giving ,,live" to a basic standing pose 3D modell?

Example sub zero victory pose ice clone animation.

thank you
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Omegared wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:07 am import animation into blender to giving ,,live" to a basic standing pose 3D modell?

Example sub zero victory pose ice clone animation.
You can already import the animations into Blender. After getting them in Noesis, you can export them to any format. For example fbx or dae. Then you can load them in Blender.

I am not sure how well Sub-zero would look though. Most of his animations seem to have ice visual fx. The character motion would be there, but not the ice.
Omegared
ultra-n00b

Post by Omegared »

thank you for the fast answer.

I dont want do any complex work, i will feel myself lucky if i can change the standing pose.

After extract sub zero file, all suit design have separate 3d modell, like as mask and weapons, and face, eyes. So in blender i can ,,build" from these my unique variant of sub zero.

Final goal will, because the original suit modells having base standing position, change this standing pose into a victory -> one hand down other hand in the air. Texture not important, because i want print this victory pose.
11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Omegared
ultra-n00b

Post by Omegared »

I have followed the tutorial, but animation wont start, or i get glitch on face :/

KITpa_Story.nux + Idle.AnimSequence result:
test.jpg
Im not expert in these apps, i dont know how i can export *..AnimSequence animation for blender in noesis:(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

akderebur wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:46 pm
Straight Edge wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:50 am Will you be adding the face animations as well in the future?
Some face animations should already work. The ones that use skeletal animation only.

If you mean the morph animations, I am planning to add support for them too. I don't know when though. Need to do a few more tests and find a good way to export/convert to some middle format.
Thanks very much! I hope you manage with adding morph animation support. Appreciate all the hard work. :]
Modman69
veteran

Post by Modman69 »

akderebur, I want to Thank you for the wonderful Animation tools you created here, They are actually a big reason why I decided to go ahead and Purchase MK11 and IJ2 recently

I was wondering if it was possible to add Batch export for the nux noesis script?

I tried to do it through Noesis batch process tool but it defaulted to .obj files and since there are hundreds of morphs in both these games, I think it would be very useful for a Nux batch process

EDIT: I probably should have stated my goal is to visualize all morphs and animations in Blender, and I was assuming I will need all files in Nux for the animations and morphs to work together and then export from your tool , maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, please correct me If I'm completely not seeing this

Thanks again for your great work
RuV9999
ultra-n00b

Post by RuV9999 »

How can i transfer the animation data into my model bones in blender. it looks really weird after i transfer it. it seems broken.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Modman69 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:38 am I was assuming I will need all files in Nux for the animations and morphs to work together
Actually, the idea was to use NUX + mesh.acii for morphs. You load base face mesh in NUX and morphs will be loaded directly from mesh.ascii. Otherwise, it would be too much work like you said.

I was thinking of directly switching to SMD/mesh.ascii for loading and using NUX just for export. This would remove the extra step of converting to NUX at the start, but it also means I need to code 2 more format importers for the tool. So maybe I can convert "tool_nux" into a proper export script and you could then use the batch process in Noesis. I also have some plans to batch load/export anims, but need to think of an easy way to present it.
RuV9999 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:54 am How can i transfer the animation data into my model bones in blender. it looks really weird after i transfer it. it seems broken.
If your existing model isn't exported from my tool then it wouldn't work probably. Daemon's tool seems to stick with the game's original coordinate system. I convert it to Unity's while loading and then to Noesis's at export. So if the model and animations don't agree on the same coordinate system it would look broken.
Modman69
veteran

Post by Modman69 »

akderebur wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Actually, the idea was to use NUX + mesh.acii for morphs. You load base face mesh in NUX and morphs will be loaded directly from mesh.ascii. Otherwise, it would be too much work like you said.

I was thinking of directly switching to SMD/mesh.ascii for loading and using NUX just for export. This would remove the extra step of converting to NUX at the start, but it also means I need to code 2 more format importers for the tool. So maybe I can convert "tool_nux" into a proper export script and you could then use the batch process in Noesis. I also have some plans to batch load/export anims, but need to think of an easy way to present it.

Thank you for the reply I look forward to all your tools nowadays, keep up the awesome work please