Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: huh?

Post by lionheartuk »

themoviefund wrote:
lionheartuk wrote:SHe loves it but I have never even seen it, think might look into it now, asthis topic has becomes rather Popular
This topic looks like it's racing with the "Metal Gear Solid 2 - any luck?" topic. =)
lol.
Yes it seems to be.
There have bene well over 120 posts here.
Im not sure how many there are in the MGS topic.
Its slow NOW but itl speed up once the NEWEST version of Solidus is released, Apparenty its near completion.
Lambda
beginner

Post by Lambda »

Omega wrote:im still trying to figure out how exactly the 0x1b blocks work >.<

the way Lambda does it is check if its one, if its not go back and check another. There doesn't seem to be any discernable logic :/
You should have tried figuring it out originally :-)

I believe you can tell what the 1b block is by checking the size ahead of time. If it's 1, 2, 5, or 10, it's an X, Y value pair; otherwise, it's something else. That's basically what my code does, it makes a guess "Hmm... is it an X, Y pair? (Yes/No) OK... I'll interpret it this other way instead." The file format was inconsistant. Sometimes it would have both the X, and Y values, sometimes just the X value. That's what all of the EndOfBlock checks are for.

You might be able to tell by looking at the name of the variable like I do in extract73type. I didn't do enough analysis.

Edit: Doing an analysis based on the directory you are in could also turn up well... you aren't going to have images in the BGM (background music) directory. And you won't likely have images in the files full of strings.
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

I don't know if this will help, but ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/patch/patchdir has the patch files. Apparently, http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthr ... ?t=1054453 Rick was able to extract the client BEFORE the patch. I wonder if he just used the program on the .patch file.
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

MapleTip >>> http://www.mapletip.com/index.php
Extracted.
Sauna >>> http://sauna.gibbed.us/
Extracted.

Aww!!! Beat me to it!
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

from 0028 to 0029
My "file version" went from 0x60 to 0x63
Changed Files:
"Character\Shoes\01072013.img"
"Character\Shoes\01072057.img"
"Character\Shoes\01072058.img"
"Character\Shoes\01072190.img"
"Character\Shoes\01072191.img"
"Character\Weapon\01702067.img"
"Character\Weapon\01702068.img"
"Character\Weapon\01702069.img"
"Etc\CashPackage.img"
"Etc\Commodity.img"
"Etc\ScriptInfo.img"
"Item\Cash\0522.img"
"Item\Pet\5000011.img"
"Item\Special\0910.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\100000100.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\101000000.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\102000000.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\103000000.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\103010000.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\104000000.img"
"Map\Map\Map1\105040300.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\211000100.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\220000000.img"
"Npc\9200000.img"
"Quest\Check.img"
"Quest\QuestInfo.img"
"Quest\Say.img"
"String\Item.img"
"String\Map.img"
"String\Npc.img"
"String\Pet.img"
"String\Skill.img"
"String\ToolTipHelp.img"
"UI\ChatBalloon.img"
"UI\Login.img"
"UI\UIWindow.img"

New Files:
"Character\Cap\01002553.img"
"Etc\ScanBlock.img"
"Item\Cash\0523.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\220000500.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020000.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020100.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020110.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020111.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020200.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020210.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020211.img"
"Map\Map\Map2\222020300.img"
"Npc\9100109.img"
"Npc\9100110.img"

Next I'm gonna check what changed in the header. If only the changed files changed, then its probably a crc. If only moved files changed, then its probably the location.
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

In the file table:
first of the two unknowns is some kind of file size, probably the extracted size, or maybe the amount of memory required. i added up all of the entries for all the files in a directory, and it added up to the value in the directory's entry.

second value changed for every file, meaning its either a checksum that depends on file location, or its the location in the file, or its the location of the file encoded somehow. Last one being my guess.

EDIT: That unknown number at the beginning of the file table could be a decryption key or something.
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

MMODB http://ms.mmodb.com
Extracted :) sorry for the plug, but couldn't resist :)
btw, is the problem with unicode strings that python doesn't have a way to handle them, or that we don't know how to decode them?
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

nicoli_s wrote:MMODB http://ms.mmodb.com
btw, is the problem with unicode strings that python doesn't have a way to handle them, or that we don't know how to decode them?
Guess i should put my plug as well :P
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory
I'm going to be putting up whatever info I can there. Also going to try and extract data from the other versions and post the data.

About unicode, the strings are extracted properly, the difficulty is displaying them. Any web browser should be able to display it properly, its just a matter of figuring out how to indicate you're displaying unicode not regular text.

EDIT: Try this
replace the line in transStr16:
s += struct.pack("h", xor16(a,p))
with this:
s += "&#" + str(xor16(a,p))
Omega
advanced

Re: huh?

Post by Omega »

[quote="lionheartuk"][quote]Edit: It's the Chinese(?) text "ì
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

nicoli_s wrote:MMODB http://ms.mmodb.com
I should probably mention that I'm http://strategywiki.org/wiki/User:Prod
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

I want to try to figure out how to patch MapleStory manually, so I could extract it before the patch actually is released.

This file is to patch from 00028 to 00029. Hopefully some people haven't patched their Maplestory yet. =(

ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/patch ... 0029.patch
ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/patch ... atcher.dat
ftp://patch.mapleglobal.com/Maple/patch ... rsion.info
huosoft
ultra-n00b

Post by huosoft »

Code: Select all

function TMainfrm.transStr16(str: string): widestring;
var
  a, i, p: WORD;
  r: widestring;
begin
  setlength(r,length(str) div 2);
  p := $AAAA;
  for i := 1 to length(str) div 2 do
  begin
//    a := ord(str[2 * i-1])+ ord(str[2 * i ]) shl 8 ;
    a := PWord(@str[2*i-1])^;
    r[i] := widechar(a xor p);
    inc(p);
  end;
  result := r;
end;
the Delphi unicode decode function work well! I had decode chinese maplestory suceessful,and I'm Chinese
http://www.huosoft.com/blogview.asp?logID=69
[quote]
100101.name è“
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

Is this illegal?

NXGAMES_TERMS_OF_USE wrote: 2.2 Code of Conduct. While using the Service, including without limitation, while participating in a Forum (as defined and discussed below) or while using any data, text, graphics, images, audio and/or video clips, logos, icons, links and other information, content and materials provided through or included in the Service or the Game (collectively, the "Materials") and/or the Software, you agree not to:
• Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents, including, but not limited to, Cash Items;
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

themoviefund wrote:Is this illegal?

NXGAMES_TERMS_OF_USE wrote: 2.2 Code of Conduct. While using the Service, including without limitation, while participating in a Forum (as defined and discussed below) or while using any data, text, graphics, images, audio and/or video clips, logos, icons, links and other information, content and materials provided through or included in the Service or the Game (collectively, the "Materials") and/or the Software, you agree not to:
• Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents, including, but not limited to, Cash Items;
I don't think its illegal for lambda, cause he doesn't play :P
Are these the TOS on the website? or in the game?
Cause I don't ever remember accepting a TOS on the website
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Usually it is not illegal unless used for one's own profit... DARN GRAPHIC PIRATES!