Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
gep55
veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post by gep55 »

Joschka wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:26 pm
gep55 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:23 pm
Joschka wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:47 pm

I see thanks, I just tested and that's because Daemon's tool wrongly labels the first file (index 0) as g1m, while it's not a g1m file. So when using the merge it breaks.
So yeah use Cethleann as you did when unpacking KT games if you want to use my plugin, since we're developing our tools in tandem you'll have everything setup correctly.
Thanks. I've included some Nioh 2 character mesh for the character Okuni in the link below. For some reason, when I export via .fbx to blender, I get buggy weight painting when moving her head.

Picture of bug http://www.mediafire.com/view/pojdpyj01 ... e.PNG/file

Source files for bugged character (I'll PM you these). Load these using the plugin and then export the model to the 3d program of your choice.
I made a wrong assumptions about split meshes when they each have physics bones, should be fixed with the attached build. Please download it and retry, if it works I'll push it on github as v1.4

projectG1M v1.4

Thank you for the report, appreciate it.
Thanks, that fixed it :)
banan039eu
ultra-n00b

Post by banan039eu »

Hi Joschka! Few weeks back You were so kind to pair g1t materials with proper g1m file for Age of Calamity DEMO on BOTW modding discord hub. Since the full version is out, would You be willing to do the same for full version? If not, could You teach me how to do it? I have unpacked all rdb files with cethlean tool, I have all g1m and g1t files in CharacterEditor and FieldEditor4, all I would need is to pair them (just like You did that and posted it in txt file). I do not mean to be pushy or annoying, I know You suddenly left our discord server and I respect Your decision. Your support on DEMO significantly boosted my project Hyrule Rebuild Attempt - I credited You in the submission in order to honor Your support.

If You are not interested in working on Age of Calamity, that is completely understandable and I will not harass You further.

Looking forward to Your answer!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

banan039eu wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 am Hi Joschka! Few weeks back You were so kind to pair g1t materials with proper g1m file for Age of Calamity DEMO on BOTW modding discord hub. Since the full version is out, would You be willing to do the same for full version? If not, could You teach me how to do it? I have unpacked all rdb files with cethlean tool, I have all g1m and g1t files in CharacterEditor and FieldEditor4, all I would need is to pair them (just like You did that and posted it in txt file). I do not mean to be pushy or annoying, I know You suddenly left our discord server and I respect Your decision. Your support on DEMO significantly boosted my project Hyrule Rebuild Attempt - I credited You in the submission in order to honor Your support.

If You are not interested in working on Age of Calamity, that is completely understandable and I will not harass You further.

Looking forward to Your answer!
Hi,

Basically after talking with my friend we decided not to share that info online for the final release, since it puts the bar too low to get everything out of the game on the release. This will lead to asset encryption for future games eventually, which we don't want to deal with.
However all the necessary info to reconstruct such a document is online and can be figured out with a bit of research so it'll only take a bit of effort to get the pairs.

Edit : Apparently you figured it out, good job.
Last edited by Joschka on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Version 1.4 is now live
-Implements a new UV datatype used in the final release of Hyrule Warriors 2
-New option to choose to completely disable NUNO nodes (the physics mesh will still be reconstructed before, all the extra bones and drivers will just not be there)

I also started to work on reconstructing maps, more about this later since it's sill very early WIP

einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Probably not compatible with the current Koei engine, but do you have any plans for older files?
I have an old file with headers such as "XKMD0020" and "XFTX0010". These are used in Dynasty Warriors 4 and other XBOX games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

I'm sorry to more post.
I'm currently looking into an old Koei game.

When I checked the files of Sengoku Musou 2 / Samurai Warrors 2, g1t could be loaded, but g1m was damaged.
mesh is fine but the skeleton is broken. I can't confirm the playback of g1a because the skeleton is damaged, but it is played.

Here are the dumped g1m and g1a samples.

*no difference between the PS3 version and the PS Vita version. Both have the same problem. The sample is PS3.

------
*EDIT
Some games seem to use some kind of compression starting with the LZP2 header. They are mainly used only for textures, but only Dynasty Warriors Strike Force uses LZP2 compression for all files.
I don't know if it's a same algorithm, but it seems that some koei PSP games have adopted LZP2 and they could be unzipped with 356resource.exe (search for "356resource.rar"). , I tried to unzip with that tool but it can't load.
I looked at 356resource.exe in dnspy and it seems that it uses a kind of custom lz77 algorithm.

I think it's a low priority because it's a unique format that uses compression.
Also, most games have uncompressed character files, which makes them even lower priority. Only Strike force uses it for all files.
If necessary, I will provide a sample.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

einherjar007 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:22 pm I'm sorry to more post.
I'm currently looking into an old Koei game.

When I checked the files of Sengoku Musou 2 / Samurai Warrors 2, g1t could be loaded, but g1m was damaged.
mesh is fine but the skeleton is broken. I can't confirm the playback of g1a because the skeleton is damaged, but it is played.

Here are the dumped g1m and g1a samples.

*no difference between the PS3 version and the PS Vita version. Both have the same problem. The sample is PS3.

------
*EDIT
Some games seem to use some kind of compression starting with the LZP2 header. They are mainly used only for textures, but only Dynasty Warriors Strike Force uses LZP2 compression for all files.
I don't know if it's a same algorithm, but it seems that some koei PSP games have adopted LZP2 and they could be unzipped with 356resource.exe (search for "356resource.rar"). , I tried to unzip with that tool but it can't load.
I looked at 356resource.exe in dnspy and it seems that it uses a kind of custom lz77 algorithm.

I think it's a low priority because it's a unique format that uses compression.
Also, most games have uncompressed character files, which makes them even lower priority. Only Strike force uses it for all files.
If necessary, I will provide a sample.
I will take a look during the week or next week, going to see what I can do about it.
einherjar007 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:43 pm Probably not compatible with the current Koei engine, but do you have any plans for older files?
I have an old file with headers such as "XKMD0020" and "XFTX0010". These are used in Dynasty Warriors 4 and other XBOX games.
After a quick look, these files seem to be completely different from their current formats. I'm really busy with other projects right now so I won't be able to look into it myself unfortunately
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Ryza 2 seems to work, bone names have been left too. Image
MarioSonicU
advanced

Post by MarioSonicU »

Does anyone know how to extract MUA3 animations? Tried the Unbundler but nothing gets extracted.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

MarioSonicU wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 am Does anyone know how to extract MUA3 animations? Tried the Unbundler but nothing gets extracted.
Workaround for now
-replace the "ZL" extension by "idxout"
-place all of these in a folder
-use Steven's gas machine on that folder with the [PC] Samurai Warriors 4-II option
-click "no" for everything except "process idxout"

Then all the g2a files will be extracted
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

Hows the wip of the AOC map reconstruction going
Have you discovered the model file names also, The have been found by a modder
AOC_normal_names_rev_1.rar
Its the file names which is attached to several models files as listed
Dont know if this would help not seen you mention file names so i thought id show incase it might help
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

speaker60 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 am Hows the wip of the AOC map reconstruction going
Have you discovered the model file names also, The have been found by a modder
AOC_normal_names_rev_1.rar
Its the file names which is attached to several models files as listed
Dont know if this would help not seen you mention file names so i thought id show incase it might help
I didn't touch it since the last time, I've been busy with other stuff but I plan to get back to it when I have some time. I need to work on some small model related stuff first though and add support for some files mentionned above. Need to actually play the game too...

Thanks for the names, I'm already aware of these, they left a few clear strings in the files/binary and those can be easily dumped but most of them (texture related stuff for example) are scrapped. Some matches with the hashes have been made but the filelist is not big enough for now to be worth sharing
EDIT : Actually there are quite a bit of names missing from the list, wonder how they constructed it. Who worked on this actually ?
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

Bran whos doing the hyrule rebuild project posted the list, I know you left the modding server
Im not getting involved with that lol

Im not actually modding botw or aoc

Im working on a project to make a 3d map/world of all of hyrule and then make inspired versions of hyrule from each game fitting to botw/aoc map as its the latest and most realistic in scale and realism Aoc seems to have alot of lod terrain so i can better recreate the world in blender then just using botws heightmap image

This is all so i can make a fancy time lapse of the land of hyrule and how it changes through the many many years of the zeldas story
Seeing how a version of ocerana of times map could have looked if it was remade to match botw world ect seeing lake hylia change that sort of thing
So my project isnt for any one specific game but a sort of celebration of them all. Its also just for like a recorded video not a mod so its just a fan art project

Ill have to make up alot of stuff in order for it to work in a chronological scene, ill be making various backstory for things like in twilight hylia bridge had a dead tree at one end where as in bot it dost and the bridge seems to be longer so i have a backstory that a chunk of the land and the end of the bridge with the dead tree crumbles and falls into the lake below taking the tree and part f the bridge with it. To explain what happened to the tree and why the bridge is now longer just subtle things like that. Ofcorse i have to ignore why the lake is no longer by the castle like it was in twilight, I can only do my best lol
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

speaker60 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:39 pm Bran whos doing the hyrule rebuild project posted the list, I know you left the modding server
Im not getting involved with that lol
I'm not really sure why people made such a big deal about it actually, the only reason I left was because no research on Age Of Calamity was made there, only extraction and use of existing tools but I didn't have any problems with anyone there. I think people got the wrong idea because I deleted all my messages but that's something I always do before leaving a discord server.
speaker60 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:39 pm Im not actually modding botw or aoc

Im working on a project to make a 3d map/world of all of hyrule and then make inspired versions of hyrule from each game fitting to botw/aoc map as its the latest and most realistic in scale and realism Aoc seems to have alot of lod terrain so i can better recreate the world in blender then just using botws heightmap image

This is all so i can make a fancy time lapse of the land of hyrule and how it changes through the many many years of the zeldas story
Seeing how a version of ocerana of times map could have looked if it was remade to match botw world ect seeing lake hylia change that sort of thing
So my project isnt for any one specific game but a sort of celebration of them all. Its also just for like a recorded video not a mod so its just a fan art project

Ill have to make up alot of stuff in order for it to work in a chronological scene, ill be making various backstory for things like in twilight hylia bridge had a dead tree at one end where as in bot it dost and the bridge seems to be longer so i have a backstory that a chunk of the land and the end of the bridge with the dead tree crumbles and falls into the lake below taking the tree and part f the bridge with it. To explain what happened to the tree and why the bridge is now longer just subtle things like that. Ofcorse i have to ignore why the lake is no longer by the castle like it was in twilight, I can only do my best lol
I see, this sounds really ambitious, I can see why you'd want map support for the game. I can't really give an ETA though, the next days will be quite busy for me and I have a few things to update regarding the models.
I use this thread as the main place to share my progress so keep coming from time to time, when I'll have some new things to share regarding maps I'll make sure to post them here.
Best of luck for your project(s)
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

Joschka wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:39 pm I'm not really sure why people made such a big deal about it actually, the only reason I left was because no research on Age Of Calamity was made there, only extraction and use of existing tools but I didn't have any problems with anyone there. I think people got the wrong idea because I deleted all my messages but that's something I always do before leaving a discord server.
Ah so your typical overblown drama lol I tend to ignore stuff like that haha
Better stuff to be doing like my project :)
Joschka wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:39 pm I see, this sounds really ambitious, I can see why you'd want map support for the game. I can't really give an ETA though, the next days will be quite busy for me and I have a few things to update regarding the models.
I use this thread as the main place to share my progress so keep coming from time to time, when I'll have some new things to share regarding maps I'll make sure to post them here.
Best of luck for your project(s)
Yer its ambitious a guess its just a hobby thing so ill take my time with it
Im a game dev myself so im often busy with work projects so im not always working on hobby projects

I figured this was the main place so ill keep checking here from time to time, i appreciate your working on it at all in your own pace. Maps and such if often overlooked as character models is the more popular thing. Iv always been more interested in the environments of games :)

Your file name list would be usefull if its a more complete list
for me and branan having a name attached to a model helps know what it is without having to load the model up to see
for both our projects. So like having the map models imported into blender if in the hierarchy have names and not arbitrary numbers would be quite usefull.

Some kind of toggle option that would auto rename models to there file names when you export out of noesis would be awesome if its a simple thing to do?