Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush »

Strick wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 amHello! When a PC-version support of BTTF:The Game will be released?
I'm not exactly sure when that's going to happen (since it's part of that one group of models I've yet to crack the formatting for), but I believe the PS4 version's models are identical anyway, so if you pair those with the PC version's textures it should work as a suitable alternative. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll hook you up with the model files from that version.
Strick
ultra-n00b

Post by Strick »

OK, I sent to you a message.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

RandomTBush wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:42 pmHopefully I won't have to push out another update again so soon.
Welp, looks like I did have to update it again after all, and it's not because of Sam & Max... yet.

Code: Select all

Fixed SKL files being broken for Back to the Future's PS4 version (thanks, Strick!).
https://mega.nz/file/GoxUjDIK#eRNDzrWm8 ... Lh0LcK1do0
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

*snip, decided to merge the two posts*
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Good news, everyone! It was the "best case scenario" after all! Sam & Max Save the World Remastered's models work right off the bat with my script, no changes necessary! (Here's a quick comparison of Sam's model from the original and from the remaster.)

Since TTArchExt doesn't have support for this game at the time of this post, here's the Blowfish key needed to extract the TTARCH files:

92CA9A8185E46473A2BFD6D17FC6CB88995A80D8AAC297E796519FA89AD9AE95D776627FB4C4A6B9D6ECA99C6785B3DC92C49E64A0A292
And here's the update!

Added a whole bunch of bone and texture hashes from Sam & Max: Save the World Remastered.
https://mega.nz/file/GoxUjDIK#eRNDzrWm8 ... Lh0LcK1do0
(...can I even call it a script update if I didn't update the script itself? :huh:)

Either way, there's apparently a single bone name for Sam that I can't figure out... not that it matters in this case since it doesn't seem to be rigged to anything on his model (and in fact was one added specifically for Season 3. Hmmmm...). And a few texture names from adv_toyMafiaExterior_bearHeadDamaged.d3dmesh, adv_tvAuditionRoom_meshesA.d3dmesh and obj_lincolnMemorial.d3dmesh seem to not exist in the game's files, so I'm not sure what's up with those. Everything else is accounted for, though.

Also, it's funny how things have come full-circle now. Sam & Max Season 1 was one of the first games I implemented, and now it's the latest one I've added.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
daniar23337
n00b

Post by daniar23337 »

1. how export d3dtx files from S&M save the world remastered to dds?(i trying using quickbms,but i get black image https://imgur.com/MrlBgjN)
2. When I import Sam model (with all parts) with bones, I get the error: https://imgur.com/k0EPbvc (if I import without bones, then everything is fine)
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

daniar23337 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm 1. how export d3dtx files from S&M save the world remastered to dds?(i trying using quickbms,but i get black image https://imgur.com/MrlBgjN)
2. When I import Sam model (with all parts) with bones, I get the error: https://imgur.com/k0EPbvc (if I import without bones, then everything is fine)
1. I haven't used IrfanView, but I think it might be incompatible with ATI2-based DDS files. Try using Noesis to preview it, if it works there then use it to convert the file to PNG. If not, then try re-exporting it with the "Telltale_D3DTX_Batman_GotG_TWD3_MCSM2.bms" script.
2. That's odd, I've never seen that issue before. What version of 3DS Max are you using?

(EDIT: Rephrased #1, I think I know why now.)
daniar23337
n00b

Post by daniar23337 »

I managed to get the dds, edit it, and compile it back to d3dtx .But when I collect ttarch2 file with edited d3dtx(SM1_Compressed. ttarch2(I don't remember the exact name,because away from computer) ,but game does not see this ttarch2 file https://imgur.com/iG24jZL .What settings should I choose when compiling an archive?(version,encrypted lua etc)(im ussing ttg tool )

P.s Solved this problem
Hakka
ultra-n00b

Post by Hakka »

Hello all,

Perhaps it is a question completely 'out of line' here, but here goes nothing.
I recently bought a 3D printer (which is amazing), went wilde with it, and also scavaging the internet for models of my favorite games. The Walking dead is one of them.

Somehow, for the Walking Dead I only can find one printable model, so I started thinking. Perhaps it is possible to get a usable model from the game. Played around with recording gameplay footage and tried to convert that, which turned out unusable. But this idea landed me after a seemingly endless search, by accident on this forum.

Amazing work by the way, to 'grab' the models from the game. [bruce]

I've (tried to) read how to open the models as provided in the 4 dropbox downloads. I failed.
By now I tried: 3D Max Pro (trail version, could not get script to work though), Sketchup, Blender 2.8, Blender 2.9 (both with XNALaraMesh), MeshMixer, Lolblender, AutoDesk, Spin3D, Wings 3D, Tinkercad and several online convert sites. All failed :bleh: .

Before I try even further (although no idea what program is left) in an area in which I am not even remotely familiar, I would like to ask your advice.
Can anybody indicate if it is even possible to convert/combine/merge the .skl/.3D3ds & texture files of the Walking Dead into a printable 3D model (.stl file)?

Kind regards,
Paul
jollyvb
ultra-n00b

Post by jollyvb »

Wanted to report an error when importing The Wolf Among Us meshes.

Tried importing two meshes - adv_bigbyApartment_meshesA.d3dmesh (cancelled choosing the .skl file since it didn't have one) and when that didn't work I tried a random character (sk54_crane.d3dmesh with respective sk54_crane.skl file). With each, the same error occured:

-- Unknown property: "twoSided" in sk_sharedparts_mouth:Physical Material (for Crane)

-- Unknown property: "twoSided" in env_bigbyaptwallkitchenright:Physical Material (for the apartment)

https://imgur.com/D19wYvo

Fresh install of 3dsmax and the latest version of this plugin as of today. Tried looking if anyone had a similar issue in the comments but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance for the help
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

For anyone having issues with importing the model due to issues such as the "twoSided" one that jollyvb's having in the previous post, could you try this tweaked version of the script and let me know if it fixes it for you? Sounds like the cause of the issue is Autodesk automatically forcing materials to be Physical by default instead of Standard (and therefore applies settings that don't exist with Physical), so I've added a line that switches it back to Standard before applying textures.

https://mega.nz/file/vxQBwK5b#p9MPmPS6U ... 97iIEAVpuA

(EDIT: Seems functional, so I'll make this the "update post".)

Fixed models refusing to import in 3DS Max 2021 (the "twoSided" error was due to it trying to apply "Standard" material settings to a "Physical" material, which apparently is the new default).
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bleech
ultra-n00b

Post by Bleech »

just want to let u know about telltales file headers, the headers are metastreams which hold metadata (obivously) such as class names etc (seen in earlier meta binary - MBIN - meta streams) with newer meta stream version 5 and 6s (msv5,msv6) they crc64 the LOWER case class name, followed by a 4 byte version crc i think after. have u had any luck with that value? ive looked in the executables and ive found it must be some sort of version crc because in old games where the typename (the class which is now crc64ed) i found 'mTypeName' along with 'mVersionCrc' and in newer games 'mTypeNameCrc' and 'mVersionCrc', which makes sense because the new games have crc64 of the class (typename) but the whole the time version was still crced. Ive tried tons of polynomials and crc32 algos (its 4 bytes) and stil no luck. however i know it must bc the crc of it because even in the new games in the executable you can find '%s(%s).vers' whch is yes the format of a .vers file name (for example d3dmesh(vyss41).vers and d3dmesh(6lovtd).vers from old games). i found the .vers just show the format of the file which is very helpful for you which you im guessing may have used. anyway, my question is do you have any idea on that 4 byte value after the typename? ive tried lower, upper and normal cases on the file name. i even found the crc32 tables in the executable and made sure its the correct one and it is. it must be the input data. as an example, 'd3dmesh(6lovtd).vers' has the version in the header (not in the metastream right after it!) '399229969' which should in theory be the crc of the file name or maybe the '6lovtd' but i have no clue what that value means either (i tried crcing it). files that use that vers format then have that value from the .vers after the typename, as you can see in an MBIN d3dmesh, 'class D3DMesh', 399229969. so that has to be the VERSION of it. even checked with new games the version changed per d3dmesh version (which is also a value in the d3dmesh header not in the metastream). like d3dmesh version 18s, if you look in mcsm and batman which both use v18 you can see the number after the typename crc is the SAME but different on non v18 meshes. i tried crcing 18 (although notice its %s in the .vers filename?) and everything. no luck. any ideas? (the reason i want to know is because the newer games dont have .vers, so how can i get that value for the header, since older games have .vers which has that value)
jollyvb
ultra-n00b

Post by jollyvb »

RandomTBush wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 am For anyone having issues with importing the model due to issues such as the "twoSided" one that jollyvb's having in the previous post, could you try this tweaked version of the script and let me know if it fixes it for you? Sounds like the cause of the issue is Autodesk automatically forcing materials to be Physical by default instead of Standard (and therefore applies settings that don't exist with Physical), so I've added a line that switches it back to Standard before applying textures.

https://mega.nz/file/WgwSCRbJ#kp_TYe57A ... CweHgKh8kk
It works now! :D For both Crane and the apartment. I'm having some issues with the textures, but those I can handle with Telltale Explorer. Thanks for the fast response!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

jollyvb wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:26 pmIt works now! :D For both Crane and the apartment. I'm having some issues with the textures, but those I can handle with Telltale Explorer. Thanks for the fast response!
Excellent, sounds like I've found the fix for my other scripts with the same issue, then! I'll go add the updated script to first post now.
ohyeahbeepboop
ultra-n00b

Post by ohyeahbeepboop »

When will Season 3 of Sam and Max be supported? Do you plan to make it supported? I've been trying to convert the meshes from d3d for days now and it won't work. I'm trying to get them into Blender but nothing I'm doing is working :/