Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

NFS Payback

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: NFS Payback

Post by mono24 »

You didn't pay attention, start over means erase everything and dump again with the new scripts, otherwise it cant find the needed files, the new scripts are handling the game assets the correct way while the old ones didn't, that is why you'll end up getting a bunch of errors, start over.
And to avoid other errors use last version of Python 3.
DHR
ultra-n00b

Post by DHR »

mono24 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm You didn't pay attention, start over means erase everything and dump again with the new scripts, otherwise it cant find the needed files, the new scripts are handling the game assets the correct way while the old ones didn't, that is why you'll end up getting a bunch of errors, start over.
And to avoid other errors use last version of Python 3.
It ended with this error.

When I use ebxtoasset it extacts them but not correcrty, they don't end in .wav but rather in .gin or .sps

I can extact the .gin using nfs_snd_decoders, which are old, but some of the sounds are messed up with it. Tried using ealayer3 for .sps but unssucessful. Any advice?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

DHR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:00 amWhen I use ebxtoasset it extacts them but not correcrty, they don't end in .wav but rather in .gin or .sps
As I've mentioned already in a prior message, the new scripts extract ACTUAL audio in their native encoded form by the developers, with out being decoded, GIN are car sounds, SPS are rest of the game sounds/audio/music etc, they are NOT decoded to mp3/wav which is what we want in first place because of old decoders do a not so great job in playing/converting them, but since now are better supported, researched and reversed, you need to use foobar2000/vgmstream in order to play them accordingly.

What the script does is, goes through the EBXs that have AUDIO in them, and they point to required RESs, and they contain needed headers and duration and other info for the actual CHUNK data, and the script stiches them correctly while also giving them the correct names located in the EBXs.
This is an example of how EBXs for AUDIO look inside, for example this one is GIN car sound.

Code: Select all

OctaneAsset 9130dd40-5457-e75b-5f09-81c9ae5dfa30
	$::SoundDataAsset
		$::Asset
			$::DataContainer
			Name Audio/Cars/CarEngine/Mazda_RX7/OctaneData/Mazda_RX7_Decel2_Reversed_EXH_Noise_RX
		PrimePriority 0
		RequestPriority 0
		Chunks::SoundDataChunk-Array
			member(0)::SoundDataChunk
				ChunkId 162e088c-0db3-d397-0750-5e2d24e7d9b0
				ChunkSize 106188
		Policy Audio/System/AudioSystem_NFS16/cf108490-62d0-45d2-9237-5b072337417d
	MinRpm 0
	MaxRpm 0
	SampleRate 0
	LengthS 0.0
OctaneAsset tells us its a GIN sound, and we know that because it has a SoundDataAsset, that has a actual name, and it goes to a ChunkId with its accurate size, and if you look that ChunkId up in the CHUNKS folder, assuming you dumped the game correctly, you can grab that CHUNK and add a GIN extension and play it just fine in mentioned software/plugin

And also, how do you guys come up with al these errors it baffles me, literally, if you own the legit game, update and everything and use current script the way its mentioned, NO errors occur, AT ALL, just saying.
Did you dump the game from scratch as I've mentioned?
DHR
ultra-n00b

Post by DHR »

mono24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:26 am
DHR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:00 amWhen I use ebxtoasset it extacts them but not correcrty, they don't end in .wav but rather in .gin or .sps
As I've mentioned already in a prior message, the new scripts extract ACTUAL audio in their native encoded form by the developers, with out being decoded, GIN are car sounds, SPS are rest of the game sounds/audio/music etc, they are NOT decoded to mp3/wav which is what we want in first place because of old decoders do a not so great job in playing/converting them, but since now are better supported, researched and reversed, you need to use foobar2000/vgmstream in order to play them accordingly.

What the script does is, goes through the EBXs that have AUDIO in them, and they point to required RESs, and they contain needed headers and duration and other info for the actual CHUNK data, and the script stiches them correctly while also giving them the correct names located in the EBXs.
This is an example of how EBXs for AUDIO look inside, for example this one is GIN car sound.

OctaneAsset 9130dd40-5457-e75b-5f09-81c9ae5dfa30
	$::SoundDataAsset
		$::Asset
			$::DataContainer
			Name Audio/Cars/CarEngine/Mazda_RX7/OctaneData/Mazda_RX7_Decel2_Reversed_EXH_Noise_RX
		PrimePriority 0
		RequestPriority 0
		Chunks::SoundDataChunk-Array
			member(0)::SoundDataChunk
				ChunkId 162e088c-0db3-d397-0750-5e2d24e7d9b0
				ChunkSize 106188
		Policy Audio/System/AudioSystem_NFS16/cf108490-62d0-45d2-9237-5b072337417d
	MinRpm 0
	MaxRpm 0
	SampleRate 0
	LengthS 0.0
OctaneAsset tells us its a GIN sound, and we know that because it has a SoundDataAsset, that has a actual name, and it goes to a ChunkId with its accurate size, and if you look that ChunkId up in the CHUNKS folder, assuming you dumped the game correctly, you can grab that CHUNK and add a GIN extension and play it just fine in mentioned software/plugin

And also, how do you guys come up with al these errors it baffles me, literally, if you own the legit game, update and everything and use current script the way its mentioned, NO errors occur, AT ALL, just saying.
Did you dump the game from scratch as I've mentioned?
I get this with foobar
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

DHR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:13 pmI get this with foobar
DHR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:13 pm
mono24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:26 am...you need to use foobar2000/vgmstream in order to play them accordingly.
DHR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:13 pm
mono24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:26 am...in mentioned software/plugin...
DHR
ultra-n00b

Post by DHR »

Man I am sorry but I literally understand none of this? Do I even have the right program, could you please just give me a link to it? Where is this software/plugin even.

Also, if it's not secret what happened to the sk3tch f4b thread?
wahxd
ultra-n00b

Post by wahxd »

Hey guys, I'm new to this stuff, but i saw that you guys didn't post a fix for the textures, which i might have just gotten a solution, which the way i did it was i used UFBE_0_2.exe, and i had extracted NFSP through that, which gives you the normal .Texture files, however with the python extraction (Page 3), i had gotten .DX12Texture files, which I'm not sure of how to open and or use, but you can just replace the .DX12Texture
with the .Texture files obtained from UFBE.exe, and use those as a texture replacement for the .DX12Texture. Hope it helps someone! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

wahxd wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:40 pm...you guys didn't post a fix for the textures, which I might have just gotten a solution...
It is just a type error as it is found in many python scripts, all you had to do is rename/edit yourself the python script in any txt editor or inside the IDLE python window, from this:

0x6BDE20BA = Dx12Texture
to this

0x6BDE20BA = Texture
Assuming that's the correct hash in front of it, otherwise maybe it was a wrong named extension for the wrong hash.
But even so, to date DX12Texture does not exist in any Frostbite game.
You should have posted direct link to where UFBE was initially posted not attach it.
wahxd
ultra-n00b

Post by wahxd »

mono24 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 am ...It is just a type error as it is found in many python scripts, all you had to do is rename/edit yourself the python script...
Oh alright, thanks for that, is there any possible way to extract ONLY the texture files then? without all the Meshsets and others included?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

wahxd wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 pm...is there any possible way to extract ONLY the texture files...
No, it is NOT possible to extract textures only since its dependent on both EBXs and CHUNKs, I'm sure a proficient dev can modify a python script to make it happen, but with what exists currently is impossible.
Your best bet though, to get only required/needed textures and no other unnecessary data is to use Frosty Tool Suite: https://frostytoolsuitedev.gitlab.io/

good luck
wahxd
ultra-n00b

Post by wahxd »

mono24 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 am ...your best bet though, to get only required/needed textures and no other unnecessary data is to use Frosty Tool Suite...
Sucks that the tool only exports one at a time, but could you not also just use the normal .texture files from the UFBE extraction tool too?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

wahxd wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:39 pmSucks that the tool only exports one at a time...
As the Frosty dev specified, numerous and numerous times, the Frosty Tool Suite is designed for modding NOT for mass extraction, and will NEVER support mass extraction not even multiple files at once, its main purpose is to edit one file at a time for modding creation only.
wahxd wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:39 pmbut could you not also just use the normal .texture files from the UFBE extraction tool too?
I have no clue as to what your exact question is?
With UFBE you can only dump the entire game to use any proper files, be it textures/meshes/sounds etc.
Fiammanera628
veteran

Post by Fiammanera628 »

Hello,

I've got a little issue with NFS Payback with Ninjaripper: because when I want to rip the game of a car without damage, is perfect, but when i want to rip a car WITH DAMAGES, it rip the car like it hasn't got any damages

With car damages I mean like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/09toxly0j9q24fm/0243.jpg?dl=0

Someone can hepl me, please? :?:
Spartan019
n00b

Post by Spartan019 »

I don't suppose anyone has found the Lina Navarro mesh and textures in there?
As in Dominique Tipper from The Expanse?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

I looked as well for that character when i had game unpacked, and i found that there isn't one in the assets, only in the cinematic videos.