Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

HMDL Model file Question.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
egregiousguy
beginner

Re: HMDL Model file Question.

Post by egregiousguy »

I know is a fairly old topic but I wanted to finally shed some light for anyone else who is interested. Following the group of face indices are the counts and offsets of the where each index group starts; there really isn't a marker to where the index group ends so you'll have to use the counts to end each group. For instance, a count of 6 will use 6 of the index numbers and create 4 tri strip faces and a count of 4 will make 2. This is the easy part. The hard part is that the indices are not in order from 0001 to FFFF, they jump around and can start midway into the vertex order. The only way to figure this out is through a table later on the file that tells you how much to offset the index number by to match the correct vertex. This would be simple for small objects since there's only 1 mesh group but it gets real messy to do it manually when there are 50+ meshes. It took me weeks to finally figure everything out and I've uploaded all the HotD4 models (including Magician) to sketchfab. I've also posted a video on yt of how my lua script extracts these cno and bnk files. I can elaborate more on the file structure if anyone wants more info.
Current projects:
The House of the Dead 1-4 (Model/Map extraction)
Rent-A-Hero No. 1 (Translation/Model updates)
Jet Set Radio (Model/Map extraction)
Argg
ultra-n00b

Re: HMDL Model file Question.

Post by Argg »

Could've done with more samples for this one tbh - if importing has issues message me on discord (see link in readme or in the add-ons panels)
GitHub link for blender add-on
Didn't know xentax had a thread for this too