Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mortal Kombat 11

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
micro777
beginner

Re: Mortal Kombat 11

Post by micro777 »

3djosh wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:37 pm If anyone has been able to extract Robocop, please let me know. Will even compensate for your services/help.
У меня есть Robocop.
Dimipron
ultra-n00b

Post by Dimipron »

Ok guys ! Im big new here ! And i don't know many stuff even how to use this forum. So sorry if im doing something wrong.

I know it's not sure to get answer but i still hope someone can answer me !

I use blender and im looking for mk 11 model !

Wicker witch Jade.

I succed to get model but textures look "destroyed". When i try to put color in model it still purple like blender cannot identify it.

I try to convert .dds on many website, every website cannot convert it too ! And when I "forced" to open .dds it doesnt look like usual texture at all.

Ok its the most important !

And my last question for user of blender. what mean each pic ? (i guess color = color, norm = normal map ... but others ?)

Thx!

EDIT : I tried to use .DDS of the Face and it work ! But clothes give a shit result like

Don't know how to fix it
Last edited by Dimipron on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

Use Noesis or another editor to convert textures to any common format (png, tif, tga).
The texture is fine. The color of the exposed parts of the body is correct, the color of the armor is determined by the mask. It looks like an ID0 texture.

Look at the skins. There are solid repaints. Keeping a different texture for everyone will take up a lot of space. And so you can store one mask and just change the color codes for each of the channels.
Dimipron
ultra-n00b

Post by Dimipron »

Ok somes news !

Someone shared me Texture recolored !

It look like this Image

So it's great but this is my new problem

How to fix it ?
Dimipron
ultra-n00b

Post by Dimipron »

oK GUYS I succed u must join everything in one object. Create only one node with your mesh combined.

Then you create another windows with uv map. You take your color texture image in uv map. Then u select all your mesh in edit mode. it gonna show u all verticle of your mesh in UV MAP. U just need to take a look if it fit or not. If it doesnt fit be carefull your image is maybe in wrong so u just need to moove all verticle mesh in good side to fit it.

I dont know if u understand well what i said. but it will give u nice information
MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal »

Is there an easier method for using CPTs besides eyeballing the right color and using the color picker? I know someone made a unity shader but is there anything like that for blender?
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

I also would like to know if there's a way. It can be very time-consuming to color all these textures manually through eyeball/guesswork.
Beisslinex
ultra-n00b

Post by Beisslinex »

I came here and was just about to ask the same thing, haha.

I have everything extracted but was hoping there was a way to either recolour / correct the textures automatically or quicker.
I felt scared to ask in case i was just being really daft and it was in fact simple.
NorseInMyBlood
ultra-n00b

Post by NorseInMyBlood »

This is probably a dumb question, but what is the tone map? Is it a texture that can be utilized or is it akin to the ID texture where it only serves a purpose in the game engine? Other than that I've also been struggling to apply the textures optimally in Blender, I feel like I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any help.
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

NorseInMyBlood wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:36 pm This is probably a dumb question, but what is the tone map? Is it a texture that can be utilized or is it akin to the ID texture where it only serves a purpose in the game engine? Other than that I've also been struggling to apply the textures optimally in Blender, I feel like I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any help.
Tone map basically adds extra detail to the model. The green channel can act as a specular map or even an overlay for the diffuse/color texture. the blue can be used for adding dirt/grime or gloss to certain parts of the clothing.
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

Does anyone happen to know where the severed Warrior Shrine heads are in the game files? What container they're packed in?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrrrdude
n00b

Post by mrrrdude »

Hi @daemon1,

Hope you are doing well.
Just wondering if you are still working on a map extractor like you did for injustice 2? I know you said that you were busy with other games, but I thought I'll ask if this is still something part of your plans.

Thank you for your amazing work!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mrrrdude wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:41 am Just wondering if you are still working on a map extractor like you did for injustice 2? I know you said that you were busy with other games, but I thought I'll ask if this is still something part of your plans.
I'm not working on it.
Yes, its in my plan, but sometimes it can take years until i got to that part of a plan.
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:37 pm
mrrrdude wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:41 am Just wondering if you are still working on a map extractor like you did for injustice 2? I know you said that you were busy with other games, but I thought I'll ask if this is still something part of your plans.
I'm not working on it.
Yes, its in my plan, but sometimes it can take years until i got to that part of a plan.
Well whenever you do work on it, we'll be waiting. MK maps are very popular in the 3d community and some people such as myself will still be eager for them down the line. Thanks again for your hard work.
mrrrdude
n00b

Post by mrrrdude »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:37 pm
I'm not working on it.
Glad to know that this is still part of your plans.
Thank you for all your hard work on all this incredible tools!