Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
twitkiss
beginner

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by twitkiss »

DragonRuines4 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:16 am Nice. I didnt have luck so I deleted My RDR2 Files :D. Looks like I need to get them back :D
Do textures auto assign? What about environments? Can you post some environments (houses ....)?
The textures did not auto assign but you have the materials list to work from so it makes it easy to search for them. I haven't tried environments.
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

Does anyone have a trick on extracting textures with larger file size? Some of the ones I've been getting are tiny. I figured out that straight extracting into the same folder overwrites them no matter size but even extracting separately and very slowly, I'm still only finding really small files for things like the weapon engraving textures.

Any help would be appreciated.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

twitkiss wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 pm Does anyone have a trick on extracting textures with larger file size? Some of the ones I've been getting are tiny. I figured out that straight extracting into the same folder overwrites them no matter size but even extracting separately and very slowly, I'm still only finding really small files for things like the weapon engraving textures.
No, texture files NEVER get overwritten. If you get them small, it means they ARE small.
Or you're looking in wrong file or folder.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

Are animations extractable (in a useable form) in this game? Or am I correct in thinking animations for Rockstar games such as gtav were never cracked?
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

ExactExtract wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:04 pm Are animations extractable (in a useable form) in this game? Or am I correct in thinking animations for Rockstar games such as gtav were never cracked?
I don't believe you can get animations.
dimis9138
veteran

Post by dimis9138 »

Does this work with PS4 version or PC? I keep getting unsupported enc cfg error.
Looking for someone patient enough to teach me how to write noesis plugins :(
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

PS4
flvck000
ultra-n00b

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post by flvck000 »

Can you please tell me if the models that starts with u_m_m , are extractable? thanks in advance
Last edited by flvck000 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

flvck000 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:05 pm Can you please tell me if the models that starts with u_m_m , u_f_m and re https://imgur.com/a/0lHHHI1 are extractable?
yes
flvck000 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:05 pm if it's possible please tell me how
read the readme file, its all explained there
flvck000
ultra-n00b

Post by flvck000 »

Thank you so much for your replay well i can actually extract any model that has modelpack data but this ones i showed you i can't i mean like here is what i do can you please tell me what's missing? or what is wrong with this when i extract i only get a broken ascii file with no meshes inside
Last edited by flvck000 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

flvck000 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:16 pm Thank you so much for your replay well i can actually extract any model that has modelpack data but this ones i showed you i can't i mean like here is what i do https://imgur.com/a/sTD0NZK can you please tell me what's missing? or what is wrong with this when i extract i only get a broken ascii file with no meshes inside
this model also has modelpack data. They are usually called like "legs" or "arms". Here it was explained:
this last step has one problematic part:
combinable parts will be all over those extracted RPFs, and to get this working,
you need to place all parts you need to the same folder with the tool and TXT file
masterj2001
ultra-n00b

Post by masterj2001 »

Not sure if anybody would be able to shed some light on this, but when I extract John, as in the epilogue model with the Player_Three.PSIN, no hair model is present.
Screenshot 2020-11-04 094019.png
(This can be said for all 31 of the model combination at present on the left.)

Unsure as to why this is happening, as no errors are thrown during the extraction process, and hair models have come out just fine for Dutch, young John, and Arthur. This also leads me to wonder if there is a .model file or a PSIN and META file that contains all the various hair lengths for both Arthur and John?

Anyhow, if somebody could help me understand why John's hair isn't being extracted, or tell me where else it may be located, that'd be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flvck000
ultra-n00b

Post by flvck000 »

Sounds like you didn't include the hair modelpacks Here they are http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3ofkz9re ... n.rar/file
masterj2001
ultra-n00b

Post by masterj2001 »

flvck000 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:41 am Sounds like you didn't include the hair modelpacks Here they are http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3ofkz9re ... n.rar/file
See, that's what's confusing me atm, as I have a folder with all the .modelpack files (assuming that 2,516 is indeed all the ones that pertain to characters and wildlife) and I did the extraction process within that folder, which did indeed contain those hair model packs. Thus my confusion, as I don't encounter any errors with other characters when doing this.

I'd be curious to see if others get a different result, as it could be due to something on my end

Edit:
Come to think of it, there'd need to be some kind of player_three_hair.modelpack, similar to how there are various player_zero_hair.modelpack files for Arthur. As the three cs_johnmarston_ms1_hair.modelpack files reference the younger John and not the epilogue version.

I just re-dumped the metapeds, but I get no such modelpacks. So I am at a loss. Granted, John could share a hair model with another character, though, given my method with all the modelpacks in one place, I would've expected it to be picked up.
GuiCORLEONE
ultra-n00b

Post by GuiCORLEONE »

masterj2001 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:44 am Not sure if anybody would be able to shed some light on this, but when I extract John, as in the epilogue model with the Player_Three.PSIN, no hair model is present.Screenshot 2020-11-04 094019.png (This can be said for all 31 of the model combination at present on the left.)

Unsure as to why this is happening, as no errors are thrown during the extraction process, and hair models have come out just fine for Dutch, young John, and Arthur. This also leads me to wonder if there is a .model file or a PSIN and META file that contains all the various hair lengths for both Arthur and John?

Anyhow, if somebody could help me understand why John's hair isn't being extracted, or tell me where else it may be located, that'd be greatly appreciated!
The reason for that to happen is because rockstar removed John's hair from the game. So now John shares Arthur's hair and doesn't have his own hair model.