Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Tales of Crestoria Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Tales of Crestoria Tools

Post by einherjar007 »

Goodmen675 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:56 pm I put the mpk in a folder then tried decoding it, but it wouldn't work. I don't know why this is happening.
It worked when I tried it yesterday. So there should be no problem with the latest file.
It may not work if the path to the folder contains 2byte characters or Unicode.
CElledge
ultra-n00b

Post by CElledge »

Look I need help. I read this forum through and through. I saw peoples problems and tried to relate them to my own and work my way through them. In the end I just cannot figure this out. Would someone PLEASE be willing to help me step by step beginning to end. I am trying to extract the 3d models and textures so I can animate them and so on so forth. I don't care if you help me through this or my discord at CElledge#1103. Thank you if you read this. Also could you please let me know what resources I needed to download. Because I had to google the BMS tool myself. So I don't even know if everything I need is on this forum.
Goodmen675
ultra-n00b

Post by Goodmen675 »

einherjar007 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:35 am
Goodmen675 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:56 pm I put the mpk in a folder then tried decoding it, but it wouldn't work. I don't know why this is happening.
It worked when I tried it yesterday. So there should be no problem with the latest file.
It may not work if the path to the folder contains 2byte characters or Unicode.
Is there a particular 3rd party program that needs to be used because I can't open the bms file; maybe that's my problem. I would like to know all the necessary program and files that'll help me get these models.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Goodmen675 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:39 am Is there a particular 3rd party program that needs to be used because I can't open the bms file
Quickbms
Goodmen675
ultra-n00b

Post by Goodmen675 »

akderebur wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:47 am
Quickbms
Okay, I got quickbms, so how do I use it to extract the models?
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

1.mpk decrypt(TOCDec Tool)
2.mpk extract(quickbms,toc_mpk_unp.bms)
3.open the model(TOCViewer) , extract the texture(TOCImgEx Tool)

so easy.
*Please note that it may not work if the file path contains 2byte characters or Unicode.
Goodmen675
ultra-n00b

Post by Goodmen675 »

The Result
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Goodmen675 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:34 am The Result
I don't know the exact thing, but I see the message "The directory name is invalid."
You need to put the mpk file in a folder and drag and drop the folder into TOCDec. If you drag and drop *.mpk directly, it will not work.
Goodmen675
ultra-n00b

Post by Goodmen675 »

I recognize my issue now; that's because I thought the bms file had the models in it when isn't the case. All I need to know now is where can I get the mpk files?
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Goodmen675 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:19 pm I recognize my issue now; that's because I thought the bms file had the models in it when isn't the case. All I need to know now is where can I get the mpk files?
Since this is a mobile game, you need a device or emulator that can get the data. The emulator can be started with the 64-bit version of bluestacks.
And since this game keeps the data in the root directory, rooting is also required.
Device and rooting are not the specialty of this forum, so please check for yourself.
Atlus
n00b

Post by Atlus »

Any progress of the updating of the tools that support animations?
Atlus
n00b

Post by Atlus »

Any update please???? [roll] [roll] [roll]

also support for tales of berseria and zesteria please [roll] [roll] [roll]
itinerare
ultra-n00b

Post by itinerare »

Hello! I've been trying to grapple with the game's .ipk files and encountering difficulty... the utility here extracts one of what I'm guessing are several textures, given both that more appear in-game and the size of the .ipk is much larger than the current texture output (which isn't the case for textures extracted from the game's .aif files). Presumably it can be done, as I've seen what have to be the contents of a few of the .ipk files around, but none of my searching has turned up any leads as to how. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated!
DobleC
ultra-n00b

Post by DobleC »

I've exported one weapon texture and model, the model looks perfect, but I don't know how to apply the textures to it, I don't know if I'm exporting them wrong or if exporting the model breaks the uvs, any help?

Screenshots
Makoto
advanced

Post by Makoto »

DobleC wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:16 am I've exported one weapon texture and model, the model looks perfect, but I don't know how to apply the textures to it, I don't know if I'm exporting them wrong or if exporting the model breaks the uvs, any help?

Screenshots
You need to export/extract textures and apply manually. Weapons tho are known for not having correct uvs lot of times, characters should be fine tho