Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

COMMISSION: MDL conversion with Rigging;

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ecelon
advanced

COMMISSION: MDL conversion with Rigging;

Post by Ecelon »

Hey guys, I was hoping to commission someone write a script that will convert these models with original rigging. I would rather it be a Noesis, Autodesk 3DS one or the kind that Daemon does. I'm more than happy to discuss any amount you want, which is fair. I do however have a few stipulations:

1 ) I can only afford $25AUD( Roughly $17USD ) a fortnight. So once we've agreed on an amount and with proof of completion, I'm willing to pay the amount in $25( AUD ) installments until paid off. After which, I will get the Plugin.

2 ) This will be through Paypal;

3 ) As I am paying for this with my own money, the plugin IS NOT to be released to the general public.

4 ) I've uploaded a number of different models from the game, so hopefully this is a once off thing. If after receiving the plugin, and everything works fine, but I need an update, I will be more then willing to pay another amount for your services.

5 ) I can already get the Models as .OBJ, so no need to bother with that.

If you're happy with these terms or have any questions, PM me so we can make arrangements. I hope to hear from you guys and hope we can do business together.

MDL Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
MDL Files ALT:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AslhLaUopiodjSd3vrm ... B?e=Jc2YQI

UPDATE:Added a second link, just in case can't be downloaded via first link.

Regards: Ecelon
Last edited by Ecelon on Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: COMMISSION: MDL conversion with Rigging;

Post by episoder »

try to find another file host. i think google drive is down. the folder will zip but their takeout server is not delivering the zip, nor singular files.
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

episoder wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm try to find another file host. i think google drive is down. the folder will zip but their takeout server is not delivering the zip, nor singular files.
Thanks for letting me know mate, I've uploaded them to one of my onedrive accounts, hopefully this works. :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AslhLaUopiodjSd3vrm ... B?e=Jc2YQI
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

well... i got somewhere. meshes and weighted stuff. the bone locations are not there yet and the bigger meshes crash it. it also extracts all lods at once. this information has to be found yet. if you can handle blender and mess with the uv editor you could extract the lods by uv density.

"not release to public" my butt. take the chewing gum. maybe learn something and finish it before i wake up again. gn :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

episoder wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:25 am well... i got somewhere. meshes and weighted stuff. the bone locations are not there yet and the bigger meshes crash it. it also extracts all lods at once. this information has to be found yet. if you can handle blender and mess with the uv editor you could extract the lods by uv density.

"not release to public" my butt. take the chewing gum. maybe learn something and finish it before i wake up again. gn :D
Thank you..

Mate, you got further then somewhere. I didn't even realize there were LODS. You're a bloody legend, and this is epic as is. I'm going to be honest, this is way out of my scope, which is why I chose to commission someone to do it for me.

I hope this next part doesn't come off the wrong way, as I'm trying to be respectful and polite as I can:
Given that this game is a MMORPG, which in all honesty contains Faces, Bodies, Enemies, Bosses, a whole range of different meshes. It will be a time consuming endeavor. In my original post, I stated I was willing to do multiple payments of $25( AUD ) a fortnight which means I'm willing to fork out a nice fair sum. I am more then happy to pay for this. I'm not going to beat around the bush, theoretically if you paid for a $50+ for a feed, would you be willing to give just as much to every yahoo that comes along? I want this for myself, so I can post the models on my website and I will pay you for this if it's kept between us mate. The alternative is you do it for free. What's a little extra green in the kitty going to hurt mate!

I'm currently commissioning an artwork from a user on DA, and here is a screenshot of our conversation. As you can see by this one screenshot, I'm fair, and I'm willing to take a screenshot of the 2 payments I've made. Just got 1 and a half left to go.

Sorry for ranting mate, but this is a massive project I am willing to back for my website. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks again, and hopefully we can do business in the future!

EDIT:Could I ask how long it took you to do this much of the plugin mate?
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

well... it took 6.5 hours. tbf it's slow but that's the process crosstesting multiple files and debugging constantly. evolving code as i figure things out. i'm not even sure it really has lods. the buffer is still read wrong, kinda. i hate python buffers. i'm always having trouble with split buffers. gotta re-do api calls to get somewhere. but the syntax and functions don't allow it. ugh...

and... i'm fine doing this for free. a lil brain teaser in quarantine (not infected but self proclaimed). you can keep the coins. it's aight.
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

6.5 hours, f**k me. I assumed it would take a few hours, but 6+ and sounds like you gotta start again. The commission( Display Pic above ) I've currently got, I finish paying off this week, and he / she has been happy with the fortnightly payments. I tried learning this, but I got nowhere myself. I tried the plugin with other models and it worked for a majority of the outfits, except one glove mesh. The hair meshes worked as well, but the faces didn't. I've uploaded the error files to my onedrive incase you want to have a look. Also, I realized I have made a huge error, I never actually read the files until I was browsing through them. There was a skeleton file just under the filename, so I've uploaded new files in their original heirachy. I can't afford it this week, but I'd like to pay you at least the $25( AUD ) in 2 weeks, on Friday 13th November( AEST ). I know you said you don't want money, and believe it's your right to say no, but 6 and a half hours mate + my epic screw up is the least I can do. Sorry about this and thank you again.

Ain't nothing wrong with staying home during these dark ages. At least you're not one of those "COVID DUN EXIST" going out and getting everyong infect. Good on you mate.

Sorry again, that's definitely my bad!

Ecelon
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

got it stable to process each file. exports the lods correct and manages the big bozo file (note it seems to freeze, but does it). materials are temporary, bones work for mesh0... kinda... but are not remapped for the rest yet, nor in hierarchy nor named correct at all. i gotta read some japanese first to learn what is what.

more soon. gotta chill some and take a nap. cheers :mrgreen:

additive. commented wip script. anybody reading this thread can join and help figure out the bone data and remapping. this data looks like a mess to me rn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

Mate, that is so awesome. I've tested it with other MDL's and there ain't no errors. Excluding weapons of course. I wish I could do more to help, and I hope someone else decides to give you a hand. Thanks! :)
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

BUMP

Looks like Episoder has called it quits. I'm still willing to honour my COMMISSION terms based in the original post to anyone who is willing to finish the plugin. I've uploaded weapon models as they're not supported by the plugin created so far by Episoder.
Karpati
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Karpati »

Can you tell me which game uses this .mdl format?
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

Karpati wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:16 pm Can you tell me which game uses this .mdl format?
I would much rather not, as I would want this game + rigging to be specifically for my website. If any user is willing to complete the plugin with rigging and show proof, I would be more then happy naming the game as well as start making payments for it. Still requires the stipulations in the original post.

Episoder, I still owe you mate :P
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

I've had a look at it as well. I can get the weapon models to work too. It might be handy to have some of the textures to experiment with, for completeness.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Ecelon
advanced

Post by Ecelon »

DKDave wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:32 pm I've had a look at it as well. I can get the weapon models to work too. It might be handy to have some of the textures to experiment with, for completeness.
Glad to hear you've made progress mate. I've re uploaded all the source files with their textures, I can't wait to see what you do. Thanks for helping, it means a lot.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

I've managed to have a bit more of a look at it as time allows. It's far from complete though. Some models don't seem to have complete textures, so I'm not sure what's going on there. This is an example of one of the weapons, with diffuse/specular/normal textures applied.

I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday