Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Meds
beginner

Post by Meds »

masterburner wrote:
There's already a folder named '0', delete it.
masterburner
ultra-n00b

Post by masterburner »

Meds wrote:
masterburner wrote:
There's already a folder named '0', delete it.
THY Meds so simple :roll:

Uh yeah SOO many PICS thank you again but can you tell me how to disable the Black background ?
Lambda
beginner

Post by Lambda »

All right. This is about the best that it gets from me.

About 10 images don't extract correctly, I'm not sure why. There are still some unicode issues as well. If anyone wants to look at it, try transStr16. 0xAAAA generally works as a decode key, but not in all cases. Sound doesn't extract, but it's a simple change (add an extra parameter to dumpMp3 for the filename, and pass in the name from extract1b and extract73type.) The code is just commented out. An index page would be nice, as well as front/back buttons. Changing the background colors on the generated html pages would be nice so you can see images that are white. Versions that work for other versions of maple story should be relativly easy to write aside from the unicode issues.

It's also extremely slow... On the order of 2 1/2 hours to extract everything. Someone would have to rewrite it in C to make it faster.

It's up to everyone else if anyone wants more features. I just did this as a challenge. I don't even play MapleStory. Good luck.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be around. Thanks to Mr.Mouse for providing this resource. It's been fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
singga
n00b

hey...meds...i ihad introducting one guy to you!!

Post by singga »

yep~~~
this guy come from China......
He is name is"SJXsoft""
but he is not here right now...
he has some problem.....
that is he made a "wz Extractor"
it is fit....
only3MB....
but some china guy attack his server...
so he stop qouter ot using....
now he has a problem:
that is when we throw the items(in Maple)the items will turn in360*.
but his scanner can't be scan this...
why?
he is investing to Ver2.0...
here is his discover and extractor pic:ImageImage
his scanner scanned pic:ImageImage
his scanner:

keep on contact~~~
his blog:sjxsoft.my.766.com
masterburner
ultra-n00b

Post by masterburner »

THY lambda Your Dumper can even extract pics from the EMS data.wz
and they are in PNG i love you :D

singga
n00b

Post by singga »

Lambda wrote:All right. This is about the best that it gets from me.

About 10 images don't extract correctly, I'm not sure why. There are still some unicode issues as well. If anyone wants to look at it, try transStr16. 0xAAAA generally works as a decode key, but not in all cases. Sound doesn't extract, but it's a simple change (add an extra parameter to dumpMp3 for the filename, and pass in the name from extract1b and extract73type.) The code is just commented out. An index page would be nice, as well as front/back buttons. Changing the background colors on the generated html pages would be nice so you can see images that are white. Versions that work for other versions of maple story should be relativly easy to write aside from the unicode issues.

It's also extremely slow... On the order of 2 1/2 hours to extract everything. Someone would have to rewrite it in C to make it faster.

It's up to everyone else if anyone wants more features. I just did this as a challenge. I don't even play MapleStory. Good luck.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be around. Thanks to Mr.Mouse for providing this resource. It's been fun.
oh my god!!!!
how to use it?
i am stupid!!!! :cry:
Lambda
beginner

Post by Lambda »

singga wrote:oh my god!!!!
how to use it?
i am stupid!!!! :cry:
Install python (http://www.python.org/download/).
Extract dump.py from the zip into your Maple directory, or where you have data.wz.
Double click on dump.py and wait... wait a really long time.
When it's done, go into a new directory (dump), and enjoy.

And as a rule of thumb, don't use the cry emoticon. It makes you sound childish and people less likely to reply to your comments.
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

Thank you. Now to output all the text into an XML file for my web site. =)

Can somebody help me with outputing the XML file? I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing is outputting a correct file...

How can I work with ONLY the Mobs directory?

Code: Select all

:think: :think:
Last edited by themoviefund on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lambda
beginner

Post by Lambda »

themoviefund wrote:Thank you. Now to output all the text into an XML file for my web site. =)

Can somebody help me with outputing the XML file? I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing is outputting a correct file...

How can I work with ONLY the Mobs directory?
At the very bottom of the file are two options, dumpImages = 1 and dumpHTML = 1. Turn off dump images if you've already done it once. It will speed up your work tremendously.

To work with only the mobs directory, modify the for loop in dump(). On my version of data.wz, the mobs are from 4957 to 5336. So modify 'for i in range(len(dirTree["Files"])):' to read 'for i in range(4957,5336):'.

You could also compare the file name near the top of the for loop. The filename is in: file["Name"]. So you'd add something like: 'if(file["Name"][0:4] == "/Mob/"):' and indent everything underneath it.
terasonic
ultra-n00b

Post by terasonic »

Thanks All guys. :)
I did it!

but.. I have a some problem.

How can i change the making folder name? (main folder - ex. dump)
themoviefund
advanced

Re: ...

Post by themoviefund »

Thanks Lambda.
terasonic wrote:Thanks All guys. :)
I did it!

but.. I have a some problem.

How can i change the making folder name? (main folder - ex. dump)
At the bottom of the file, change the "DumpDirBase" to something more suitable.
terasonic
ultra-n00b

Post by terasonic »

Thanks themoviefund :)
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

Ok. This is too hard. I'm having a hard time counting how many pictures there are for each monster animation, and I can't extract only the animation delays with the script. I tried using regular expressions, but they failed. One more thing: is there a way to concencate a list together with a "splitter" (i.e. ",") in Python? And I don't suppose that you can retrieve the name of the monster right?
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

themoviefund wrote:Ok. This is too hard. I'm having a hard time counting how many pictures there are for each monster animation, and I can't extract only the animation delays with the script. I tried using regular expressions, but they failed. One more thing: is there a way to concencate a list together with a "splitter" (i.e. ",") in Python? And I don't suppose that you can retrieve the name of the monster right?
from the python docs:
S.join(sequence) -> string

Return a string which is the concatenation of the strings in the
sequence. The separator between elements is S.

in the data.wz theres a folder called "String" which contains all the names. Specifically the "mob.img" file. Dunno if lambda's extracts that, but ive got something like:

Filename: \String\mob.img
Block Name: 100100
Type: 0x9
Type: 0x1b
Type: 0x0 Value: name
Type: 0x8
Value: Snail
Block Name: 100101
Type: 0x9
Type: 0x1b
Type: 0x0 Value: name
Type: 0x8
Type: 0x0 Value: Blue Snail

the block name is the filename where the enemy is stored (ie. Snail is stored in \Mob\0100100.img)

@lambda
in your latest version the 0x08 type seems to have simplified a lot, and it seems the complications have been moved to the 0x00 for the unicode stuff (was that the problem with 0x08 earlier?). Is that the only diff? or did this affect something somewhere else?
Lambda
beginner

Post by Lambda »

Omega wrote:in the data.wz theres a folder called "String" which contains all the names. Specifically the "mob.img" file. Dunno if lambda's extracts that, but ive got something like:

the block name is the filename where the enemy is stored (ie. Snail is stored in \Mob\0100100.img)

@lambda
in your latest version the 0x08 type seems to have simplified a lot, and it seems the complications have been moved to the 0x00 for the unicode stuff (was that the problem with 0x08 earlier?). Is that the only diff? or did this affect something somewhere else?
Omega, great job on finding the string table.

The 0x08 type did get simplified, but it's not because of the unicode issues. One of the neat things with reverse engineering file formats, is that the more you figure out, generally the simplier everything becomes.

But 0x00 did become a lot more complicated... I believe that 0x00 is interpreted differently depending on where you are in the file, which makes it difficult to handle. For filenames, there's a special case where it basically says "I've had a previous string that begins with the following 7 letters, and is X characters long." So I added code save all previous strings and then search through the list of previous strings to find a match. When you aren't parsing filenames, it does the unicode string thing... at least in most cases. I had to add one special case so that the image names wouldn't get messed up near the end of the file. If the unicode stuff is figured out, that would probably be cleaned up.