Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daniar23337
n00b

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by daniar23337 »

Tydeus wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:01 am
daniar23337 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:51 amhttps://youtu.be/y5QMDZsYy94
nothing is happening
I'm curious, does the same thing happen when you try loading a model that has an skl file?

I'm not sure if it's a thing at all but maybe the script needs to be inside the 3ds max script folder?
if i port with a bone, everything works
daniar23337
n00b

Post by daniar23337 »

Tydeus wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:01 am
nothing is happening
I'm curious, does the same thing happen when you try loading a model that has an skl file?

I'm not sure if it's a thing at all but maybe the script needs to be inside the 3ds max script folder?
please note if i port characters that have bones,but do not select the sql file,then they are ported
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

^ Okay, I think I have an idea as to what may be causing that, and I'll look into fixing it with the upcoming update.

----------

Anyway, I've added close to five thousand more bone names to the script, bringing the grand total to 17,571. And in the process I've got the first game with no missing bone hashes now! Where'd they come from? Well, there is one set of games that I haven't added support for yet. Here's the remaining counts for those:

Code: Select all

CSI: Deadly Intent: NONE MISSING!
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy: NONE MISSING!
Poker Night at the Inventory: 31 / 0
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse: 167 / 71
Tales of Monkey Island: 53 / 177
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures: 1/ 12
Now whether I'll be able to finally add importing support for those is another thing entirely...

(EDIT: And now I've gotten the last two for the other CSI game and another 200. Yay.)
(EDIT 2: I am an actual idiot and didn't realize Wallace & Gromit's bone names were in plaintext in the D3DMesh files. So yeah, there's a bunch right there that I added just from those, and the totals above updated.)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

nothing is happening
Just wanted to say that I found the source of this issue now, and it wasn't quite what I was expecting. The fix for this will be in the next update, but if you want to get 'em working ahead of time, do a search for:

if VerNum == 49 do (VerNum = 0)
and change that to:

if (VerNum == 48) or (VerNum == 49) do (VerNum = 0)
Turns out it was something I broke when I was adjusting auto-detection for "Version 0" models earlier -- I had the script check for "Version 49" models since that's the byte used in the headers for those where the version number would be in later revisions... but models without rigging (like the one in your video) use "48" for that instead, and it triggered the "Unknown version" catch which explains why they weren't importing. I've added a check for that (since it's safe to say "Version 48" was never used for any other games), it seems they're all working as intended now, with and without bones.
daniar23337
n00b

Post by daniar23337 »

Thank you very much!:D https://imgur.com/a/pdnUh0l
daniar23337
n00b

Post by daniar23337 »

There is another problem:
There is a png texture next to the d3dmesh model,but it is not displayed in 3ds max
https://youtu.be/6X_eQP0ZsGY

p. s Everything works fine on other models

UPD:Solved,im stupid
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

I dont suppose there's any plans on a blender plugin is there? Does blender even do plugins?

Not that I need one, it's just incase 3ds max decides to bugger up.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

This only took me an eternity ("an eternity" being roughly three months in duration):
Changelog wrote:
  • Added support for Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episodes 2-5, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures Episodes 1-3. "Version 1" games are still unsupported though...
  • Added support for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series models. Can you believe that the only reason they weren't working was because I had the script check the wrong mesh flags for The Final Season's importer? Go figure.
  • Script was tidied up a lot, shaving off about 100KB of redundant coding which is redundant (mainly due to the change below).
  • Models and materials are now grouped together and import as a single mesh group and Multi-Material respectively, greatly improving importing times.
  • Added over 10,000 new bone names to the hash database, and as a result most characters are no longer missing any bone names!
  • Added the texture names from Batman: Shadows Edition (both Season 1 and 2) and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series to the hash database, along with a couple dozen missing (unused?) names.
  • Rearranged the texture hashes list so that "color_" names (specifically "color_000", used for "null" entries) are read first and lightmaps last, which speeds up texture-to-hash pairing significantly.
  • Textures used for material sets are now properly paired and print to the Listener window by default, and diffuse colors are automatically applied to the materials for earlier games (namely TWD Season 1).
  • Rewrote the way "Version 0" vertex buffers are read, now additional UV layers (mainly used for bake maps) will import instead of being skipped.
  • Fixed unrigged "Version 0" game models not importing due to a mistake in the script with automatic version-detection (Thanks, daniar23337!).
  • Fixed an issue where zero-length texture names (".d3dtx", seen in obj_c3nursebeds and obj_c5contractorpokertable in CSI 3) caused the script to get confused and error.
  • Fixed obj_chairLoungeB and sk80_pomPom having broken rigging in SBCG4AP Ep. 1 due to an issue with bone hash case-sensitivity ("pompom" != "pomPom").
  • Re-fixed models with single-bind rigging from The Walking Dead Season 1, which was accidentally broken since the May 11th, 2019 update.
  • Fixed "Version 12" models with ".PROP" information in their headers, now every model from Poker Night 2 is functional and imports without issues (60 were previously broken).
  • Fixed models with an invalid material ID not importing (i.e. "adv_previouslyOn204_hardwareStoreExteriorRearFoliageBrushA" from TWD Season 2).
  • Fixed a mistake with bone auto-detection for "Version 17" models (Game of Thrones's horse and most "skB0" models from Tales from the Borderlands).
  • Technically added support for "Version 38" models (TWD Season 3's "EOS" / "UpdatedMeshes" archives), which are practically identical to the "Version 37" format. Support is support, though.
  • Invalid / missing materials will now be listed as "undefined" so the script doesn't error (e.g. Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2 character models).
  • Fixed an oversight with "Version 45" models (Batman: The Enemy Within) with no UV mapping channels (e.g. various "fx_" models) which caused the script to crash.
Or tl;dr for the important stuff: Added support for SBCG4AP Episodes 2-5, Wallace & Gromit Episodes 1-3 (the last of the "Version 0" games, in other words) and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series, plus Poker Night 2 now fully works and I optimized the crap out of things in general. Plus bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes, and did I mention bugfixes? But enough talk, enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/GoxUjDIK#eRNDzrWm8 ... Lh0LcK1do0
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
frostbone25
n00b

Post by frostbone25 »

Hey, lovely job with the new update! I was sure it was dead but I geuss your still kicking :P

I extracted and tried importing the menu map from the definitive edition and the UV maps are correct now! So nice to see that it works flawlessly. While preparing the map I noticed that there are still some several unknown hashes with this mesh. So during the process in which I relinked the textures back, I managed to match most of them with their respective ones. Here is the list of the texture hashes tied with the textures that I could match it with.

34d0e3a6 - env_branchAtlasA
80c071ab - obj_chairPlasticA
43d42360 - obj_sunshadeClemHouse
5287b73a - tile_trimWoodClemHouse404
71ec0e86 - env_clementineHouseInterior400TableChair_atlas
34f27f88 - env_clementineHouseInterior400MicrowaveSink_atlas
f491b2a0 - env_clementineHouseInterior400DoorAppliances_atlas
527fa55f - env_clementineHouseInterior400Furniture_atlas
13a1b3d0 - env_clementineHouseInterior400RugPlant_atlas
b944e4a9 - tile_clementineHouseInterior400KitchenTile
27ce3274 - tile_clementineHouseInterior400WallpaperStriped
e3606a53 - tile_clementineHouseInterior400KitchenWall
52318c25 - tile_clementineHouseInterior400KitchenFloor
49d8bc12 - env_clementineHouseInterior400PhotoFlower_atlas
44200b0d - env_clementineHouseInterior400CabinetArt_atlas
5287b73a - tile_trimWoodClemHouse404
97ba72d7 - tile_poolWallHorizontalBClemHouse
e21dc545 - env_treeLineA
634dad2c - tile_wallExteriorAClemHouse
434bd21a - tile_roadDamagedClemHouse
40f63afb - env_clementineHouseInterior400StairCounter_atlas
bfbe6ef- tile_poolWallHorizontalClemHouse

not 100% certain, but textures seem to match
d9e59a11 - tile_glassTruckForestShackA
33f1d874 - tile_concreteBrokenAClemHouse
c0d40cb3 - tile_groundGrassDeadC
8e7a796b - tile_trimMetalForestShackA
a167ba1 - tile_concreteBrokenCClemHouse
83bb32b - tile_groundGrassDeadA
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

RandomTBush wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 am This only took me an eternity ("an eternity" being roughly three months in duration):
Changelog wrote:
  • Fixed "Version 12" models with ".PROP" information in their headers, now every model from Poker Night 2 is functional and imports without issues (60 were previously broken).
I cant say I noticed any issues with the props from Poker Night 2, maybe some loaded without textures like the Jukebox but other than that I think I got everything out okay.

You're awesome :P I bet you'll feel lost now that you've done everything lol.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

frostbone25 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:49 pmI extracted and tried importing the menu map from the definitive edition and the UV maps are correct now! So nice to see that it works flawlessly. While preparing the map I noticed that there are still some several unknown hashes with this mesh. So during the process in which I relinked the textures back, I managed to match most of them with their respective ones. Here is the list of the texture hashes tied with the textures that I could match it with.

*files*
D'oh! I think I know why. Were you manually assigning the texture hash database when you started up the script? I changed the name for the hash database a while back to "TexNames.HashDB" instead of being "vALLTex.HashDB" (a remnant from when I used to have those split on a per-version basis, which was a bad idea), and it turns out I forgot to update it for the manual lookup. Re-download the script and try it again, if it's reading the correct list then the Listener window should say the following:

"Texture hash total: 151245"
Because yeah, there shouldn't actually be a whole lot of models that are missing filenames (there's only five I found in The Final Season -- adv_boardingSchoolDorm_meshesAFloor, obj_hammer, obj_pianoKey, ui_constellation_capillium and ui_constellation_oculus), and I think whatever should actually be left over might not even exist in the first place.
Tydeus wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:52 pmI cant say I noticed any issues with the props from Poker Night 2, maybe some loaded without textures like the Jukebox but other than that I think I got everything out okay.

You're awesome :P I bet you'll feel lost now that you've done everything lol.
I'm guessing you somehow didn't import any of the broken models, heh. Here's a list of all of the ones that crashed the script previously:

fx_candleflame.d3dmesh
fx_fogground.d3dmesh
fx_lightbeamdust.d3dmesh
fx_lightshaftadd.d3dmesh
fx_overlayeyesblink.d3dmesh
obj_buttondealer.d3dmesh
obj_cardpoker.d3dmesh
obj_celebritypokerroomexterior.d3dmesh
obj_celebritypokerroomexteriorgrate.d3dmesh
obj_chairpokerheavy.d3dmesh
obj_chairpokermax.d3dmesh
obj_chairpokerstrongbad.d3dmesh
obj_chairpokertycho.d3dmesh
obj_elevatorinventory.d3dmesh
obj_elevatorinventory_doorleft.d3dmesh
obj_elevatorinventory_doorright.d3dmesh
obj_fanblades.d3dmesh
obj_glasspokermartini.d3dmesh
obj_painting.d3dmesh
obj_shovelpoopsmith.d3dmesh
obj_signinventory.d3dmesh
ui_logoblocker.d3dmesh
ui_logoblocker_alpha.d3dmesh
ui_menusettings_volumeiconhigh.d3dmesh
ui_menusettings_volumeiconlow.d3dmesh
ui_menusettings_volumescroll.d3dmesh
ui_menusettings_volumeticker.d3dmesh
ui_menu_arrow.d3dmesh
ui_menu_background.d3dmesh
ui_menu_buttonplaygame.d3dmesh
ui_menu_buttonsettings.d3dmesh
ui_menu_pane.d3dmesh
ui_menu_rule.d3dmesh
ui_menu_settings_resolution.d3dmesh
ui_menu_tab.d3dmesh
ui_menu_title.d3dmesh
ui_player_background.d3dmesh
ui_player_button.d3dmesh
ui_player_buttonhelp.d3dmesh
ui_player_buttonhelpfiller.d3dmesh
ui_player_buttonraiseminus.d3dmesh
ui_player_buttonraiseplus.d3dmesh
ui_player_sidepotbubble.d3dmesh
ui_player_sidepotbubble_border.d3dmesh
ui_player_sidepot_icon.d3dmesh
ui_player_sliderbutton.d3dmesh
ui_player_slider_background.d3dmesh
ui_puzzleindex_scrollarrow.d3dmesh
ui_puzzleindex_scrollbar.d3dmesh
ui_puzzle_button.d3dmesh
ui_puzzle_buttonarrow.d3dmesh
ui_statisticstempbg.d3dmesh
ui_status_activeplayer.d3dmesh
ui_status_activeplayer_border.d3dmesh
ui_status_background.d3dmesh
ui_status_backgroundcardhand.d3dmesh
ui_status_border.d3dmesh
ui_status_iconsuit.d3dmesh
ui_status_showdownhandcorner.d3dmesh
ui_status_showdownhandmiddle.d3dmesh
And, well... not quite. There's a reason it's still an "Almost-All-in-One" script, I'm still struggling to figure out the mesh compression that's used with the "Version 1" games (Back to the Future's PC version, CSI 5 and 6, Poker Night 1, Sam & Max Season 3, Tales of Monkey Island and the fourth episode of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures). I've actually got the backend for importing those games set up, so once I finally figure out how to decompress those correctly, then I'll have done everything.
frostbone25
n00b

Post by frostbone25 »

D'oh! I think I know why. Were you manually assigning the texture hash database when you started up the script?
@RandomTBush

Yeah I had to select the texture file manually, I assumed you included the up to date file in your download? I didn't add anything to the HashDB file. I just simply exported the model after conversion from Max and was just assigning textures inside of Unity3d, and for the materials that just had a hash name I just went through the S4 texture 'dump' that I had and went through the textures until I found one that matched, there were only a few I think that I couldn't for certain say that the texture belonged. I put the list together and figured you would likely find it useful and you could add it to your HashDB if you don't already have them.

EDIT: Should have read more :P but just realized you put out a quick fix that alleviates that issue. So thanks for that!

The final result - https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDead ... one_model/
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Oh boy, another quickfix.
Changelog wrote:
  • Fixed SKL files being broken for Strong Bad's CG4AP Episodes 2-5 and Wallace & Gromit, I accidentally removed a line of code I shouldn't have before the previous update's release.
Nice going breaking one of your new features, RTB. :V

https://mega.nz/file/GoxUjDIK#eRNDzrWm8 ... Lh0LcK1do0

Hopefully I won't have to push out another update again so soon.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Sweet mother of double jeopardy backstroking in butterscotch! Looks like I've got another game to add support for soon -- Sam & Max Season 1's getting a remaster all of a sudden! Best case scenario is I only need to add the bone and texture hashes when it's released in December (the former should be easy, since I can refer back to the original). Worst case scenario? I spend another three months on the next script update. (:
Strick
ultra-n00b

Post by Strick »

Hello! When a PC-version support of BTTF:The Game will be released?