Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Age of Empires 3 - Definitive Edition

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Leo73
beginner

Age of Empires 3 - Definitive Edition

Post by Leo73 »

Hello,

Is something in the works for AoE3-DE? The bms script for standard AoE3 .bar files seems to be unable to open the .bar files of the Definitive Edition. Also Dragon Unpacker etc. are unable to do so. Is someone working on a Extraction Script already? :)

i am aware that the game just came out on October 15.
ikskoks

Re: Age of Empires 3 - Definitive Edition

Post by ikskoks »

Could you please upload some samples?
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

yes, of course. Apologies for the file size (400mb) but those samples are game archives, i already chose small files.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... s.rar.html
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

yes, thank you! :) I never heard of that tool before. ASAP i will try to import a model file to see if the old import scripts are working for those new models.

EDIT: To open and extract the models someone would need to follow this steps:

1. Use https://github.com/nikita322/GrannyConverter2.11.8 and convert the .gr2 files you want.
2. Use Noesis in combination with this plugin: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22277&hilit=.gr2

and convert the gr2 files to the desired format :). Not every single Model works unfortunately, but still a lot of them.
ggcaz
ultra-n00b

Post by ggcaz »

Leo73 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:19 pm 1. Use https://github.com/nikita322/GrannyConverter2.11.8 and convert the .gr2 files you want.
2. Use Noesis in combination with this plugin: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22277&hilit=.gr2

and convert the gr2 files to the desired format :). Not every single Model works unfortunately, but still a lot of them.
Could you successfully export models? If so, could you name one that worked? I tried a few but always get an error hinting at some lines from the plugin. I haven't used any of the tools before, so I don't know if I did something wrong in the chain or if it's just those models not working.
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

Yes, it is totally possible to export models. The japanese Dojo (age4) is one model which i can export, for example