Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
valravn89
ultra-n00b

Re: Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post by valravn89 »

Hi everyone!

Been trying to get a hang of how the textures in blender work and how the settings work best, failed miserably, and to export the models myself, import again. Let's just say I tried, but I'm at my wits end to be honest. Noobs shouldn't play with stuff they have no knowledge about. :'D
I see that now.

I just wanted a good .xps model of Hank that's not all dark and funny looking and Amanda to play with but it's not working.
(You wouldn't know where I can get those would you?)

Kudos to all of you who managed to do this! *thumbs up*
cursore
n00b

Post by cursore »

valravn89 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:54 pm Hi everyone!

Been trying to get a hang of how the textures in blender work and how the settings work best, failed miserably, and to export the models myself, import again. Let's just say I tried, but I'm at my wits end to be honest. Noobs shouldn't play with stuff they have no knowledge about. :'D
I see that now.

I just wanted a good .xps model of Hank that's not all dark and funny looking and Amanda to play with but it's not working.
(You wouldn't know where I can get those would you?)

Kudos to all of you who managed to do this! *thumbs up*
I can't help you with this unfortunately. Have you tried asking people on DeviantArt? Just a suggestion, cause I've seen lots of xps ports over there.
aaron1a12
n00b

Post by aaron1a12 »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:12 pm
aaron1a12 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:36 pm If your program doesn't count data containers, then what do you count?
Weird question. I don't count.
Hello again daemon1, I've now created my own model and texture extractor tool but found out that many textures are compressed segs chunks that, once decompressed, are either DXT1 or DXT5 headerless files. How does your tool figure out the width or the flags in the DDS file? Clearly, you didn't figure out all of the data because many dds get extracted flipped upside-down. But I would still like to know what you got working :roll:
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

aaron1a12 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:08 am How does your tool figure out the width or the flags in the DDS file? Clearly, you didn't figure out all of the data because many dds get extracted flipped upside-down. But I would still like to know what you got working :roll:
Why do you think i didn't figure out all of the data? I did, and its all extracts correctly.
Some textures are upside-down because they ARE meant to be that way. You probably don't understand how DDS works if you say something like this.

The width and the flags of textures are also present in files, its all set properly.
aaron1a12
n00b

Post by aaron1a12 »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:19 am
aaron1a12 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:08 am How does your tool figure out the width or the flags in the DDS file? Clearly, you didn't figure out all of the data because many dds get extracted flipped upside-down. But I would still like to know what you got working :roll:
Why do you think i didn't figure out all of the data? I did, and its all extracts correctly.
Some textures are upside-down because they ARE meant to be that way. You probably don't understand how DDS works if you say something like this.

The width and the flags of textures are also present in files, its all set properly.
The information is NOT in the files, your tool is adding the DDS headers. I extracted the chunks myself and they start with QZIP! All I want to know is are you GUESSING the information based on texture data or are you getting it directly from the game.

I attached a screenshot of a texture entry in one of the BigFiles. The "QZIP.ETF_RAWL" header means "ENGINE_TEXTURE_FILE_RAW_LOD", the "segs" means it's compressed. Once you decompress the segs, you get a DXT1 or DXT5 texture with NO HEADER. Perhaps the texture information is contained between the "segs" and the "QZIP"?

Also, your tool doesn't extract all of the textures. It misses the LODs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

aaron1a12 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm All I want to know is are you GUESSING the information based on texture data or are you getting it directly from the game.
no, i'm not GUESSING the information. It is in the files. Or in the "game" if you like it better. Not in RAW data chunk. But in the same file. I dont know how to say it better.
aaron1a12 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm Also, your tool doesn't extract all of the textures. It misses the LODs.
It doesnt MISS the LODs. I intentionally SKIP them because they are not important.
aaron1a12
n00b

Post by aaron1a12 »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:40 pm no, i'm not GUESSING the information. It is in the files. Or in the "game" if you like it better. Not in RAW data chunk. But in the same file. I dont know how to say it better.
Ok, thank you for that information. But where in that file? Going up, you'll just find other QZIP texture entries, and down as well. I searched all files for the strings "DXT1", "DXT5", or "ATI2". I found nothing. :[

If those strings can't be found, then which bytes determine the DDS_PIXELFORMAT? w h e r e ?

The attached image shows a chunk deflated with Luigi's bms script, and on the right the same texture extracted with your tool, now with a header.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aaron1a12
n00b

Post by aaron1a12 »

mhh... I think I may have found the width and height of the textures inside the model files... lemme check. Gosh I hope this is it. 8D
Silicone
ultra-n00b

Post by Silicone »

aaron1a12 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 pm mhh... I think I may have found the width and height of the textures inside the model files... lemme check. Gosh I hope this is it. 8D

I am curious about your tools. Keep up the good work!
Fuegoo
ultra-n00b

Post by Fuegoo »

Hi possible to Create script to play BINK videos Because when you play video it's green :cry:

I would like to play the videos please

Detroit Become Human Videos the videos were extracted into the files

It's the same when it extracts the PC files

posible to make script compatible with PS4 files please

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_0U6dM ... 0Rkz0/view

https://mega.nz/file/jy4j0KgD#_VloiF4tp ... XNFEdY0trY
Fuegoo
ultra-n00b

Post by Fuegoo »

Would it be possible to do something please

Every time I run the videos they're always green, the sound sizzles
gargmukul121
ultra-n00b

Post by gargmukul121 »

I hope people will share files between themselves. Like it was usually done with such games.
aaron1a12
n00b

Post by aaron1a12 »

gargmukul121 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:21 am I hope people will share files between themselves. Like it was usually done with such games.
This is especially important for a game like Detroit which doesn't have such a massive modding community like GTA. I don't know much about Detroit but whenever n00bs ask I always help. I'm trying to add new features to my online mod tool. It's public already. https://deadray.com/detroit/
Ethan Weegee
ultra-n00b

Post by Ethan Weegee »

Hi. I must have missed something reading, but I followed the instructions in the original post and read through all pages of the thread and couldn't figure out how to dump textures of models. I saw a few models with textures so I think it's possible? I dumped the model fine, but no textures.
EDIT: Yup, I did miss something. When the models are extracted, textures are dumped into the 'textures' subdirectory.
sergop
beginner

Post by sergop »

Hi guys. Aluigi just updated his quanticdream script to support the PC version of the game. I just tested it and is extracting all files from the game. I was looking to see if someone knows how to find the text. I wanted to see if it is going to be possible to make a translation of the game. Can someone help me out? I would really appreciate it!