Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Northlight Tool (also known as "The Alan Wake Engine")

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
svthe
ultra-n00b

Re: Northlight Tool (also known as "The Alan Wake Engine")

Post by svthe »

has anyone realized how to extract audio from Control?
(i tried extracting .bnk files with wwiseutil and converting .wem`s using ww2ogg, but output was unplayable junk)
upd: fixed the unplayable junk problem using revorb
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

svthe wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:29 pm has anyone realized how to extract audio from Control?
(i tried extracting .bnk files with wwiseutil and converting .wem`s using ww2ogg, but output was unplayable junk)
So you were able to extract the audio?
svthe
ultra-n00b

Post by svthe »

Bladers wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 pm
svthe wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:29 pm has anyone realized how to extract audio from Control?
So you were able to extract the audio?
well, yes
I extracted .bnk files from ep100-000-generic-en using latest NT
after that, I extracted .wems from .bnk files using wwiseutil-gui and converted them using revorb and ww2ogg thanks to this guide
https://owdev.wiki/Tutorial/Convert_Sound_files_to_Ogg
(yeah that's the article for Overwatch, but main difference is the way of file extraction from games, converting is the same)
ellis3246
ultra-n00b

Post by ellis3246 »

(SORRY IF IM NECRO BUMPING)
has anyone made a .binmsh tool for blender yet??
if so can you link one
osx853
ultra-n00b

Post by osx853 »

I exported the ep100-000-generic-ar file and also checked the convert text file, but the bin file gave me how to open this bin file ??
smolbanana
ultra-n00b

Post by smolbanana »

Whenever I try to export anything from Alan Wake, the tool throws errors.

No files are extracted into the folder, yet it identifies that there are 36,967 files. It's even worse if I don't tell the tool what type of file I want to unpack. It just continuously gives me error messages, and I have to log out of Windows just to close the tool.

Is it possible that this doesn't work with the Steam version of Alan Wake? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: I just discovered your AWTool, and it's actually extracting the files. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two besides support for the newer engine, but if anyone else is having trouble with this specific game. Try using the AWTool instead.

link: viewtopic.php?t=8411
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

I really hope somebody will figure out how it to re-import back the edited models in to the game, i wanna make some new clothes for Jessie :)
slumpthelump
ultra-n00b

Post by slumpthelump »

There seem to be retexture mods available for the ingame outfits, at least recolored versions.
I was trying to do some recolors myself, though it`s not working as I want it to, I think there is something wrong with how I save the files in Photoshop.
Does anyone here know how to correctly retexture the outits? Also I was looking for the Office Assistant texture but couldn`t find it.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Any idea what to do with *.bin files, like global/dp_global.bin? Format looks to be unknown, but the files seemingly contain some interesting data.
Also, I'm having trouble finding the actual file paths of some files inside *.packmeta files.
UnknDoomer
ultra-n00b

Post by UnknDoomer »

Exporting script now available, you can call it "pre-alpha" version (not finished/not working). At the moment have no idea how to continue it, both in logical and theoretical aspect. Perhaps someone can take a look further.

Some more techical information can be found here - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/128850- ... st/page/5/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You don't need any talent to go beetween the impossible...
soneday
ultra-n00b

Post by soneday »

link dead,, update link pls
UnknDoomer
ultra-n00b

Post by UnknDoomer »

Seems to link is fine now.
You don't need any talent to go beetween the impossible...
Bxaa
ultra-n00b

Post by Bxaa »

Hi! Thanks for your work!

DDS2TEX not work!

I alredy make all remastered 4k textures for alan wake, but cant reexported it :( (all reexported textures is broken in game)
NorthlightTool's tex2dds just replace header, but It is not good idea to replace dds header by not changed header of original tex.

I am serious about doing a complete remaster for Alan Wake, but i need normal convertor dds to alan wake 'tex'
TEX header 32 byte, after it standard DDS (without dds header)
I looked at the TEX file header - it is clear that 8 and 12 bytes by offset (int32) are the size of the texture...other values i dont know.

Texture for test:
(True 4k Alan face; texture path: ep999-000\alanwake_2010b)
https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/cumTTE1T/file.html
Original textures (tex\dds) for format compare:
https://www41.zippyshare.com/v/ctLshqMW/file.html

>>>If anyone succeeds import this texture into the game, please report

For example my remasters textures:
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/50381
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69848
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24340
Nostritius
ultra-n00b

Post by Nostritius »

CobraGamer wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:31 pm Any idea what to do with *.bin files, like global/dp_global.bin? Format looks to be unknown, but the files seemingly contain some interesting data.
Also, I'm having trouble finding the actual file paths of some files inside *.packmeta files.
You have to separate between dp_*.bin files and cid_*.bin files. The cid files contain a list of structured objects, generally used to describe game data, like where are objects placed, which damage weapons do and also (stored in dp_bytecode.bin and dp_bytecodeparameters.bin) the bytecode of the scripts. The dp files on the other hand store raw data, where the cid files can have pointers into (I think, that dp stands for data pointer). More of these files, which are more level specific are actually stored in the .bin files in the worlds directory. These are actually small zlib compressed archives. Take a look at my AWTools https://github.com/Nostritius/AWTools, if you want to unpack them.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Anyone able to port this to Noesis ?