Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Nihyaku
ultra-n00b

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post by Nihyaku »

linsaberlove wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:12 am
Anytime!! (●˙꒳˙●)
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix the alpha issue... I copied the alpha texture (A) into the alpha channel of the diffuse (C), but I don't have this kind of problem in my rendering software (I use Marmoset Toolbag 3). Same for the normal map. I hope that someone else can help you!
lionheartuk wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:29 pm
Thank you kindly for letting me know about this! (◍•ᴗ•◍)
Darko wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:44 am
That makes sense! I use Marmoset Toolbag 3 and there's a feature that allows me to control the anisotropic reflections! I'll try it immediately! Thank you very much! (.◜ω◝.)
bethanyannie
ultra-n00b

Post by bethanyannie »

I am BEGGING FOR HELP!!! I have downloaded all the necessary files and am opening ASCII in Blender. I want to extract environments (Jessie's house, Aerith's house, etc) but I can only import one item at a time in Blender, the tool will not extract anything from UMAPS, no textures are assigned (to character too) even though everything is in the same folder - so, to sum it up, say I extract Jessie's house, I can only import one massive un-textured item randomly into Blender, please help me! I've followed every guide on here!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

bethanyannie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:14 pm the tool will not extract anything from UMAPS
it means you did something wrong
you have to explain what you did, so someone can help you
bethanyannie
ultra-n00b

Post by bethanyannie »

Using Umodel I saved 0thEventShinra (Presidents Office) and exported the textures as PNG (tried TGA too), I ran the tool in the saved folder and put all converted ASCII in the texture folder, I opened the ASCII in Blender (Noesis not working) but could only import one mesh (a wall), it was un-textured and I realised it had no map assigned.

Did the same thing with Town7 but saved the UMAP from Game - Field... and ran the tool to convert it but the tool did nothing.
Same problem, no assigned textures, can only import one mesh at a time and UMAP not working.

Can anyone help please? I'm having the same issue with characters.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

bethanyannie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm Using Umodel I saved 0thEventShinra (Presidents Office) and exported the textures as PNG (tried TGA too), I ran the tool in the saved folder and put all converted ASCII in the texture folder, I opened the ASCII in Blender (Noesis not working) but could only import one mesh (a wall), it was un-textured and I realised it had no map assigned.

Did the same thing with Town7 but saved the UMAP from Game - Field... and ran the tool to convert it but the tool did nothing.
Same problem, no assigned textures, can only import one mesh at a time and UMAP not working.

it doesnt work like that.
you have to read guides or my explanation in the 1st post
bethanyannie
ultra-n00b

Post by bethanyannie »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:03 pm
bethanyannie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm Using Umodel I saved 0thEventShinra (Presidents Office) and exported the textures as PNG (tried TGA too), I ran the tool in the saved folder and put all converted ASCII in the texture folder, I opened the ASCII in Blender (Noesis not working) but could only import one mesh (a wall), it was un-textured and I realised it had no map assigned.

it doesnt work like that.
you have to read guides or my explanation in the 1st post
I have read the guides, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is what I understood from them
bethanyannie
ultra-n00b

Post by bethanyannie »

I've read through every guide on here and still can't understand what I'm doing wrong, I have literally dropped every mesh, texture and UMAP onto the tool and still get un-textured models in Blender, can anyone please help me? I've been stuck on this for days. I'm trying to texture scenes (such as Town7) and assign their correct textures, but everything loads blank in the middle of the screen.

1. I saved the wanted models from Umodel
2. I extracted the textures as PNG because that's what Blender looks for
3. I saved the UMAP from Levels
4. I put them all in the same folder and ran the tool, dropping UMAP on the tool
5. I put the static Mesh in the same folder as everything else
6. I open them in Blender using the XPS add-on, can only load one object at a time, all of which is untextured and 'enviroment models' have no assigned location so load as a a jumbo in the middle of the screen.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong! It's been a week!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

bethanyannie wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:34 amCan someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Extracting some files you think you need using Umodel from the PAKs is not going to work for you ever, using this tool.
You MUST unpack all PAKs the game has because some assets are scattered around.

First thing you need to do is load the main folder with the PAKs you have from the game in Umodel.
Then perform a full file/folder structure extraction with everything intact.
At the root folder where you extracted all assets from the PAKs run the tool to convert all assets.
You will get some extra folders at the root as well such as "textures", "staticmesh.raw" & "skeletalmesh.raw" and two files "material.db", "blueprint.db".
Now you can convert all DDS textures in that "textures" folder to PNG.
Once everything is converted, be prepared to wait a VERY long time, this is not something that takes 30sec, depending on your specs it may vary.
Now all you gotta do is make sure that "staticmesh.raw" and "material.db"/"blueprint.db" are in same folder with the UMAP map files your trying to convert.
Or simply move the map files you want to convert at root folder then convert, and you'll get ASCIIs with everything loaded in Blender with correct coordinates and textures.
THEN you'll get what your looking for.
for this entire process make sure you have at least 200GB+ of free space or more.
Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

Hello guys!

Can someone pull the Bombing Countdown background image and font please?

I am no expert in those things, unfortunately...
bethanyannie
ultra-n00b

Post by bethanyannie »

speaker60 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:31 pm For those who want to export umaps and recreate maps
here is how

- First having dled all paks open umodel and save packages for blueprints, environments(and the environments folder thats inside the characters folder, you can just extract the whole characters folder which will give you all the character models or just the environment folder this contains all the moving parts for maps like doors and such), levels, effects and lighting(all of these contain models related to scenery, many maps share models between them so you need to extract all)

- place the ff7 tool into UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents(this file path would have been created by umodel)

- run ff7 tool(double click the tool) it will extract all blueprints, environments, levels, effects and lighting assets

- You will end up with folders for materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw and textures and blueprint.db and material.db files and some loose .ascii models

- move materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw, textures a blueprint.db and material.db files and some loose .ascii models to the map folder you want to extract for example UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents\Level\Game\Field\020-TOWN8\Layout(must be 'layout' not 'layout merged')

- Drag a .umap onto the ff7 tool for example 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.umap(there will be many umaps with extra bits on there name like 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_Animation.umap and 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_animation.umap extract all the ones listed here;
Animation.umap(many doors and moving elements are in here)
collision.umap(only if you want to put this in a game engine where you will want collision as this is a simplified collision mesh for the level)
envplan.umap(contains the breakable crates that are ingame but good as props)
lighting.umap (these are the models for the lighting as well as the models for lit windows ect)
all of these contain models so extract them for there .ascii the rest you can ignore they dont seem extract anything there are also uexp files ignore these too)

- you will get 3 text log files like this 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.names.txt, 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.export.txt, 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.import.txt and .ascii files(you will get one or several of these .ascii they are generated with what seems to be a 100mb cap as there being generated if it hits this cap it splits off into another .ascii file)

- I then move the generated .ascii files into the textures folder that we got from the ff7 tool

- i also converted all dds textures in this texture folder to png as the .ascii expects png not dds(you can convert these many ways using verios tools umodel and do this too or you can use notepad++ to edit the .ascii and replace all .png references with .dds)

- Lastly use the blender addon that was linked with the game files to import the ascii, they will import sideways as there using y axis as up where as blender is z axis up by default

All maps import super huge blender has a max view clipping so you wont see the meshes at first
In blender press n to bring up the right side panel click on the view tab
at the top you will have
focal length
clip start
end

change end to something like 1000000 its 1000 by default
and change clip start to 10(this will stop meshes doing a weird zfighting thing)
blender has a minimum and maximum mesh clipping view distance built in to help with performance but you can change that with these values
you can also use number pad . it will jump the camera to a selected object(when you importa mesh everything imported is selected by default)

- Last note the ff7 tool currently dose not read anything from the effects, character and lighting folders, so the tool will not use there models when generating ascii from umap extracting this means there will still be missing things in the map for example the fountain in sector 8 its model in in effects so it wont show up when you imports the umaps ascii. For now we have to add these manually
Thank you so much for this amazing guide! I got the furthest I ever have but ran into some problems -

In Umodel I saved the Environments, blueprints, levels, effects and lighting assets, I converted them using the FF7R Tool, then I put them in umodel_win32\UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents\Level\Game\Field\140-SBIL0\Layout\CMPNY and dropped the UMAPS onto the FF7R TOOL (several at a time), it made 3 ASCII files that were very small, the largest being 19KB. I put them in the textures folder then imported the ASCII's into Blender and they loaded a square and some floating dots, I adjusted the clip and there was no change to what I was seeing.

Can anyone help me understand why the UMAPS isn't extracting the correct ASCII's please?
Untitled-2-Recovered.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
metapoodle
n00b

Post by metapoodle »

Found a lot of great info in this thread and finally started to get Noesis to directly export the UASSET model files, but I still cannot get it to export or display animations (even after instructing it to use the right version of U4 and the 7R tool).

Could anyone give me some tips about how to get animations to export from noesis? That would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
GuillermoGatoto
ultra-n00b

Post by GuillermoGatoto »

Could anyone send me a link to the PKG and the decryption key? I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks
rshadow
ultra-n00b

Post by rshadow »

Does anyone have the "Unable to read beyond the end of stream" error with umap conversion?
I extracted all files from GameContents, ran ff7r and got all materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw, textures a blueprint.db and material.db, moved all of the above folders/files and other ascii files along with ff7r to a new folder, then drop a umap file to ff7r.exe.
However I only had the 3 txt file generated properly. No ascii file generated and the error "unable to read beyond the end of stream" occurred.
I tried the whole process on two computers, both returning the same error.
bethanyannie
ultra-n00b

Post by bethanyannie »

Is it possible to extract ASCII from the TOWN7 UMAPS? I've managed every other UMAP but TOWN7 reads as missing and will only extract the Light ASCII's... just want to check it's the folder and not me, thanks!
metapoodle
n00b

Post by metapoodle »

Does anyone know how to get Noesis to export the Backcloth files? they display fine in Noesis, but when I export they are blank white files. Thanks!