Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas »

It's taking me a lot to locate them through EasyMYP. I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just extract all the contents of the head and face-related .tor files and then do a Windows search for those filenames.
Boda
ultra-n00b

Post by Boda »

I did exactly that, and still have nothing on the textures. I know the names, I know where they are supposed to be, but they simply are not there. Unless I'm totally missing something. The weird thing is by exporting the entire face and head I was able to get the .gr2 files for the helmet, but not the textures.
DarthAtroxa
ultra-n00b

Post by DarthAtroxa »

Take a look in swtor_main_art_zed_1.tor :angel:
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

DarthAtroxa wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:00 pm Take a look in swtor_main_art_zed_1.tor :angel:
Bioware is EVIL!!! :D
Boda
ultra-n00b

Post by Boda »

YOU'RE FANTASTIC!
RealymanLP
advanced

Post by RealymanLP »

Heyho! I created a new hashlist for you with more than 7.000 new names! We currently have 97,3% of all names.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

RealymanLP wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 pm Heyho! I created a new hashlist for you with more than 7.000 new names! We currently have 97,3% of all names. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
THANK YOU!!! :) TorMYP, there I go!
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

I've got a question regarding Jedipedia's database's tree view. I'm searching for this no-name bearded Body Type 3 Sith NPC standing at the far end of Dantooine's Imperial base, next to a tent and some weaponry racks. So far, I'm having no problem finding the NPCs there that have a name and maybe a role, but I don't know how to locate those others that are mostly unclickable "living" props.

Filtering the tree by NPCs, the Dantooine stuff seems to be at event > pirate_onslaught > imperial > base, but I've checked all the Sith characters through their pages' 3D viewer, and no one matches this guy, so, I was wondering if those "prop people" fall under a different classification from NPC.
Screenshot - 07_06_2019 , 19_51_43.jpg
(I'm interested in recreating his facial features, and I wanted to avoid having to search for the relevant assets by eyeballing head models and the rest)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SultanaVerena
ultra-n00b

Post by SultanaVerena »

Updated the GitHub repository https://github.com/SultanaVerena/SWTOR-Extraction-Tools with "NodeViewer" (provided by RealyManLP).

I am very busy but I promise I will get to a guide re-write when I have the chance. I am also going to see if I can put the guide on the repo.
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Thanks! If we can help in any way, give us a hey :)
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

I'm writing a Python script that, upon being fed the ModelID and MaterialIndex for a game item, reads the relevant XML and MAT files to locate and copy the meshes and textures from inside an EasyMYP extraction folder to an user-specified one. It's kinda half-working now (it's my very first Python script and the Python Police would terminate me on the spot if it gave the code a read). In its actual state, it collects the files to cover for all the body types and genders.

You might hear firetruck sirens :eek:

Working…
DarthAtroxa
ultra-n00b

Post by DarthAtroxa »

It's too late, the Python police are on their way, you will be taken to a re-education centre where you will be detained until all your Python code fully conforms to PEP8, even the rule about lines not exceeding 80 characters! :errr:
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Noooo, not the 80 characters Iron Maiden!!! :eek:

I have the script functioning correctly already, dealing with material overrides and everything. Now it needs to be presentable inside and outside.

Next in line would be a player character assets collector that works out of Character Creator settings data. The problem there is going to be analyzing the .csv exports from NodeViewer, as they aren't as structured as .xml is.
swtor miner
beginner

Post by swtor miner »

Everything might not work, and I provide no documentation. But have fun with these.

https://github.com/swtor-miner/pug_tools/
https://github.com/swtor-miner/launcher_replacement/ <- not really the most accurate name anymore.

They are public but are collaborator edit only right now. If i get an invite to the swtor datamining discord server, you can message me there as "Aikion" to be added.

edit: Well it seems not everyone is on that discord server. So you can message me as /u/aikiwoce on reddit.
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Wow!!! Thank you so much! :) It's great to see you revisiting the thread, and bearing gifts to boot.