Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ridge Racer Accelerated [iOS | *.DAT file]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Fengo
beginner

Ridge Racer Accelerated [iOS | *.DAT file]

Post by Fengo »

So, I was able to figure out how I could get RR Slipstream models with NinjaRipper and an Android emulator, which did what I needed it to, since I couldn't make heads or tails of the advanced mesh reaper program that was used to import the Slipstream SCX's, so I've been slowly trying to figure out how to get car and track data with NinjaRipper, which is a lot slower since I am exporting the same objects multiple times over again, and then having to put it together like lego, it's.. interesting.

Now to the present file, a DAT file from Ridge Racer Accelerated, I've not really been able to find.. well, anything on how to emulate iOS so I could do the same NinjaRipper tinkering, so I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do, so I figured I'd attach a sample and hope someone smarter than me can figure out how these work.

https://we.tl/t-YNYtFRRKZ0
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Ridge Racer Accelerated [iOS | *.DAT file]

Post by Bigchillghost »

A BMS script to unpack the dat file:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
cjdung
beginner

Post by cjdung »

Bigchillghost wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:28 am A BMS script to unpack the dat file:
Are you interesting with the Lost ark game? There are so many fantasy models.Hope you can make the tool.
Fengo
beginner

Post by Fengo »

Okay... Now, I'm even more confounded, looking at the files in Notepad++, I'm seeing that the info file can be read, but I haven't really seen anything else that can be read, or.. really, anything to tell me what any of these files are to begin with, feeling rather lost
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Fengo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:23 pm Okay... Now, I'm even more confounded, looking at the files in Notepad++, I'm seeing that the info file can be read, but I haven't really seen anything else that can be read, or.. really, anything to tell me what any of these files are to begin with, feeling rather lost
Files of type 1 and 3 appear to be textures.

While those of type 2 apparently are mesh files.
car00_t1_body.2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)