Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Assassins Creed PC .forge files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: Assassins Creed PC .forge files

Post by Mr.Mouse »

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10968

Okay, just directing your attention to this thread. Of course, we could just go on in this one, but it seems despite all these years no-one managed to create a tool that would allow localization? I can't believe it, didn't the Brazilians do it? Or was that just AC2?
pigtail
ultra-n00b

Post by pigtail »

I have been curious... Since Ubisoft refuses to release the AC:B "Copernicus Conspiracy" DLC on PC or XBox, does anyone thing that it would be possible to convert the PS3 .Forge files from the DLC package to a format which the PC edition of the game would be able to pick up and use?
Some crazy person has converted the files to PC. People are already playing it. I won't post the link but google: "Copernicus campaign done"

Source tools (some from here) were released by hacker. Documents forge scripting engine in some detail. ^^
nanujoshi
ultra-n00b

Post by nanujoshi »

Turfster wrote:
Dankichi wrote:Hi there :)

Sorry to bother, but I was looking forward to get the assassin's creed (one) textures, and I've been searching, and I can't get it... I tried to use Maki, and it did a lot of things wich... i dont understand xD

Since the original creator of this tool is on this forum, can someone explain me in simple non-professional words who to get them in usable file ? Or just how to use maki correctly, i havent been able to find a tutorial anywhere...

Thx by advance ;)
It's pretty straightforward.
Two things in advance:
1) Never ever turn dump mode on if you're just a normal user
2) Turn on autoconvert single datafiles in the options tab

On to the tutorial.
  • Install Maki and the relevant plugin Animus in this case, then run it. Note that if you have both Animus and Lucy plugins installed, you'll have to force the relevant plugin in the options tab by checking 'force plugin' in the 'plugin selector' area and then selecting Animus from the drop down box.
  • Open a forge file in the Archives tab. I'll use datapc_loadingroom2.forge in my example
  • Check the file(s) you want to extract, rightclick and select extract. Cell00010_DataBlock
  • Open the extracted file in in the datafiles tab. You'll get a list of 95 things
  • Now you can extract whatever you want to. If it's a known block type, it'll convert (or at least give more info).
    You can speed up searching by using Find..., which jumps to the next instance of whatever you typed or Select... which will select all blocks matching whatever you type, so entering for example 'Texture data' (without quotes) will select all textures in the file.
    For our example, select the 4 "texture data" at the end and extract them. You should now have 4 dds files in your assassin's creed directory
hi

first of all thanks for the instruction above it was a big help there was one more thing i wanted to add a question is it possible to extract altair model as a whole in blender? if so how and what plugins do i need. and what about animation is that possible as well?

i know it's a really old post but any help would be great.
thank you
nanujoshi
ultra-n00b

Post by nanujoshi »

The Mauler wrote:Ty for your message ;)

I don't know if there is other file format like that but you're right : this is a nightmare !
- All the files seems to reference themself by using identifiers (some files/ressources don't have a name)
- There is many ressources with a well-known format like DDS textures or OGG sounds but their headers are truncated or modified
- The forge archive itself looks more like a file-system (optimised to add files but no to remove them) that an archive...
- All the ressources types are mixed in the archives/datablocs (except for the sounds) : textures, models, texts, animations, compiled code and even piece of C++ source code !

I will try to add some explications here (sorry for my bad english :roll: )

The format is exactly the same in Prince of persia 2008 and Assassin's creed. Only the strategy of adding files is different, in princce of persia, all the archives have a fixed fragment size (5000 files) and have 1 or 2 fragments (eg : for the sound archives where you have aproximately 8000 files). In Assassin's creed, the fragment size is equal to the number of files in the archive and you always have 2 fragments, one with the files and one empty. With my tool, you can change the fragments size/number without any problem to be recognised by the games :) The comparaisons between the 2 games help me a lot !

You can change many values without crashing the games even the (probably) checksums but the Identifiers 1 and 2 seems to be important for the game to find the ressources.

I've also analysed the code of the main executable files : when the game start, it search for all the forge archives in it's directory and probably load their indexes. There is a lot of hidden parameters. Some of them refer to test levels and crash the game at startup. Some others doesn't anything ("log" log nothing even in stdout if the game is started in cmd). But I'm not experienced with debugging tools...

Code: Select all

========================================================================
Exe Command Line (Prince of Persia)
========================================================================

Syntax is
/<name of option>:<parameter1>,<parameter2>,...

Options available are (non exhaustive) :

/startupmenu:off|on
Enable or disable debug menu. Anyway, you cant see the debug menu if bink video are enabled (see /bink)
/log:on|off
Probably to log game activity, but in reality, seems to do nothing
/fullScreen:off|on
No comment :)
/world:<string>
It's the entry point of the game. Default value is "POP0WORLD". Maybe the name of the forge archive DataPC_POP0WORLD.forge (but if you change the filename AND this parameter, the game will don't work too...)
So, it can be too name of the ressource named "POP0WORLD" located in DataPC_POP0WORLD.forge/POP0WORD Compressed Archive/
/fast
If this parameter is not present, the game try to load remote ressources throught an middleware called "perforce". This software seems to be a version manager probably used in the developpement.
/shadows:on|off
Enable/Disable dynamic shadows
/lightmode:normal|?
Probably to modify light renderer
/fardist:1500
Maybe to change dynamic LOD limits, in reality, this parameter seems to have no effect
/mission:<string>
No effect, by default, his value is "pop0_root". Maybe an entry point for debug ?
/localbigfile
Any idea. Maybe to tell to the game to search forge file in the local machine (see /fast)
/noconsole
No effect. If you erase this parameter of the default command line (by modifying the executable) this has no effect. Maybe you must enter a secret key combination to enable a developper console (as in Half-Life)
/langage:<string>
Change langage used (texts and sounds). Possible values : eng,fre,ger,ita,spa depend of your game version).
/resolution:<width>,<height>
Screen resolution

By default, the game is launched with following command line (options are writed in exe file) :
/log:off /fullScreen:on /world:POP0WORLD /fast /shadows:on /lightmode:normal /fardist:1500 /noconsole /bink:on /mission:pop0_root /startupmenu:on /localbigfile

In addition, the executable contains some interesting strings. These are probably other options and values avalaible. Some may crash you game (especially test* options because the associated ressource has probably been removed)

Options found in exe file :

gcmreplay
vsync
help
startupmenu
usesharedobjects
flushdiskcache
nodiskcaching
DynamicMip0MemoryBudget
testvideo
turbodebug
ps3floodmeminfo
smallFakeEntitiesActivationRange
gpuprofiler
customphysmemalloc
defaultallocator
memvalidate
memgearstats
memgeartracker
meminfodump
memall
memdebugfreequeuemaxalloc
memdebugfreequeuesize
memdebug
memtag
memworldstats
memtypestats
memlog
heartbeat
profilerout
sanitycheck
logtime
noconsole
invertcameraverticalaxis
invertcamerahorizontalaxis
testmissiontemproot
testmission
missiontemproot
mission
missions
nochangeworld
loadingrange
startpos
walkthroughsmoketest
walkthroughloading
walkthrough
loadondemand
startanvil
quit
noscimitaroutput
consoleout
darespy
nosoundchangelistprotection
soundsystemdebug
language
fast
gfxassert
useptcoptim
skipmips
msaa
lightmode
transparency
noindirectlight
shadows
postfx
fixedfov
fardist
neardist
worldarea
world
importforge
revert
syncsound
sync
localbigfile
dataservice
maxthread
autoprofileworst
autoprofile
soundengine
nosound

Parameters founds

normal
full
4x
2x
none
edge
Finally i analysed the DLC of Prince of Persia (XBox version) : all the forge files have the same format but if you put them in the directory of the PC version of the game, the game crashes... Actually, the forge archives are coded in little endian in both XBox and PC plateforms (probably on the PS3 too) but the datablocks are in big endian format on XBox (probably for the PowerPC based architecture).

That's all ;)
is there any way one could extract animation ?? from forge files ??
portgas
ultra-n00b

Post by portgas »

Any chance of extracting Unity's forge files?
Darkkk
ultra-n00b

Post by Darkkk »

Hello,
I am interested in commercial service by someone who can write a aplication that will allow me to export voice dialogues from Assasin's Cred 1 files (I mean DataPC_StreamedSounds.forge)
Or maybe someone could already do that? Maybe he could then tell how ?

Specifically, I am interested in the files with version from my country. Just in case, here I throw a full file (124mb). Maybe someone will look at it with kindly eye :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkf1lw28cs7zq ... forge?dl=0

Greetings
Darkkk
ultra-n00b

Post by Darkkk »

Refresh. Cost isn't important. I can pay for that in US dollar, euro, or any currency from countries of the European Union Square (or Russian rubles). Does anyone would be able to take this? Please let me know.
iambosh
advanced

Post by iambosh »

anyone have a link? I wanna mess around with the forge files for STEEP and Rainbow Six Siege
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

iambosh wrote:anyone have a link? I wanna mess around with the forge files for STEEP and Rainbow Six Siege
same
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

The tool discussed here went on to become ARchive_neXt:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6617

It works with just about ever A.C. game. however, Rainbow 6: Siege support has never been finished. If you hack the INI file you can enable his beta support, but it only dumps raw files.
Mayadesk
n00b

Post by Mayadesk »

this is assassins creed odyssey localization file im unpack to text but dont know how repack again i need help

txt english
https://mega.nz/#!5XY1gQCZ!OH42mmq8pvCI ... b8tXiCLrQQ
clarkx211205
n00b

Post by clarkx211205 »

As unpack and pack files language in all parts Assassin Creed
Mayadesk
n00b

Post by Mayadesk »

how dear clark
andheartman
ultra-n00b

Post by andheartman »

What is the latest situation? I need a tool to translate the game into Turkish.
Zaonx
ultra-n00b

Post by Zaonx »

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or if anyone still uses this topic, this website is really confusing to me, but I really need help with something I've been trying to do nonstop for the past week. I'm trying to make a recreation of assassins creed 2 in a different engine and I need all of the files from the original game. I've got pretty much all the textures and some character models, but no matter what I do I cannot find the 3d model files for the map or any of the buildings anywhere in the forge files. If anyone could tell me where they're located or where I can get them I would really appreciate it