Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Hrisenbon
ultra-n00b

Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands

Post by Hrisenbon »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:31 pm
No matter what I try, the .txt generated in Step 2 will show "Reading forge files...".
Somebody help me!
RickModder
ultra-n00b

Post by RickModder »

MaZTeR wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 pm Alright I get it now, but what I don't get is that getting the entity tree open requires another batch command, which should reference the main asset archive. And I have no idea how to do that. If I for example copy this line of code:

Code: Select all

Wildlands.exe DataPC.forge 040123B873C > nina.txt
...which you added above and make a new batch file, it simply adds "Reading Forge files..." to that text file instead of giving me the entity tree.

I'm guessing the final tree export to ASCII section also requires a similar command file which needs to reference the DataPC.forge file, so could you also add that command to the bunch?
Hi!
I'm trying to convert the assets from this game to GTASA!

How do I import an exported ASCII file into Blender?
Kind community, please help me out.

Thank you!!
Last edited by RickModder on Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ak79857
ultra-n00b

Post by ak79857 »

With DataPC_GRN_WorldMap.forge doesn't work :[
.txt file is empty after list command...
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

ak79857 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:11 pmWith DataPC_GRN_WorldMap.forge doesn't work :[
.txt file is empty after list command...
Yeah it doesn't work on world objects. You need Archive_Next to export some world props and it's a very limited quantity. I managed to extract SPOILER Pac Katari's severed head from the final cutscene SPOILER END from one of the worldmap forge files years ago.
ak79857
ultra-n00b

Post by ak79857 »

I don't understand how to do a normal pose. The skeleton, which together with the model is curved, and when I import the smd, it turns out this kind of stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ak79857
ultra-n00b

Post by ak79857 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

ak79857 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:09 pm
I don't understand how to do a normal pose. The skeleton, which together with the model is curved, and when I import the smd, it turns out this kind of stuff.
Import the "broken" model and the skeleton, then import the skeleton which has the animation. Then pose the animated armature so that the final keyframe will align with the front side while the first keyframe will align with the broken model (I can't remember what armature was laying on the ground, but just make sure they match the objects' rotation). Then add armature modifiers to the head objects and any broken objects with the animated armature and move to the animation to the final keyframe to its fixed position (the eyes and mouth move to their proper location). Then apply the armature modifiers to the objects and apply the fixed keyframe as the default for the armature and delete the other keyframes.

Oh and also delete any previous armature modifiers from the objects before you add a new armature modifier.

And as for the armature exploding like that, make sure you import it as a new armature, not append it to the scene.
ak79857
ultra-n00b

Post by ak79857 »

MaZTeR wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:56 am
ak79857 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:09 pm
Import the "broken" model and the skeleton, then import the skeleton which has the animation. Then pose the animated armature so that the final keyframe will align with the front side while the first keyframe will align with the broken model (I can't remember what armature was laying on the ground, but just make sure they match the objects' rotation). Then add armature modifiers to the head objects and any broken objects with the animated armature and move to the animation to the final keyframe to its fixed position (the eyes and mouth move to their proper location). Then apply the armature modifiers to the objects and apply the fixed keyframe as the default for the armature and delete the other keyframes.

Oh and also delete any previous armature modifiers from the objects before you add a new armature modifier.

And as for the armature exploding like that, make sure you import it as a new armature, not append it to the scene.
Please, u can record a video with the full process from importing the model, to the complete fixation of teeth and eyes.?
I read all the messages, tried to do both how you told me and how it is written on the site, but my teeth are crooked anyway, and even my fingers are crooked.
The process, as I understand it, takes only a couple of minutes, but the main thing is to see the order of actions.
Thighmangler
ultra-n00b

Post by Thighmangler »

is this still working? i dont even get an ascii file when exporting. Honestly this has been really confusing for my dumbass lol. Can someone make a video of their workflow as they extract something from the game?
ak79857
ultra-n00b

Post by ak79857 »

Yep. it's still works :D
Take this https://youtu.be/umtc5exojcA
Thighmangler wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:44 pm is this still working? i dont even get an ascii file when exporting. Honestly this has been really confusing for my dumbass lol. Can someone make a video of their workflow as they extract something from the game?
Thighmangler
ultra-n00b

Post by Thighmangler »

ak79857 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:13 am Yep. it's still works :D
Take this https://youtu.be/umtc5exojcA
Thighmangler wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:44 pm is this still working? i dont even get an ascii file when exporting. Honestly this has been really confusing for my dumbass lol. Can someone make a video of their workflow as they extract something from the game?
Thank you so much. it really does work. now i just need to figure out how export specific player shirts and pants

edit: i can't see the ascii files in Noesis. i can only see and open the skel.smd file. is there something specific i have to do in noesis? or better; can i import the ascii file directly into Blender?

edit again: nvm turns out i need to install http://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?t=1139 this plugin.