Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
gamenpc
ultra-n00b

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post by gamenpc »

DioBrando wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:56 am
linsaberlove wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:52 am
Thanks,I did it! But I still get some physical issues,when the character walk,her leg can be outside of the dress....Any idea how to fix that? :)
Probably the dress is simulated. You'll need to run some kind of cloth sim.

There is a lot nicer way to view animations to:
Set “Tools->Data Viewer->Other->Default preview commands” to:
-ue4anims -ue4tex1dthin -ue4tex1dalign -ue4datapath "F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents"

"F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents" will be your GameContents with all the extracted packages obviously. This will load all the textures in the preview window too.

Load the model and just drag-and-drop the anim you want to apply to it over the preview window from windows explorer, or use the “apply to preview” script in optionalplugins.

Thanks, I did it. Buy…… :(

I want to import unity.
Sorry, my English is terrible.
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

gamenpc wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:14 am
Thanks,I did it! But I still get some physical issues,when the character walk,her leg can be outside of the dress....Any idea how to fix that? :)

-ue4anims -ue4tex1dthin -ue4tex1dalign -ue4datapath "F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents"

"F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents" will be your GameContents with all the extracted packages obviously. This will load all the textures in the preview window too.

Load the model and just drag-and-drop the anim you want to apply to it over the preview window from windows explorer, or use the “apply to preview” script in optionalplugins.

I want to import unity.
Just export to fbx with animation should be fine,I guess- -
gamenpc
ultra-n00b

Post by gamenpc »

linsaberlove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 am

I want to import unity.
Importing unity with human animation is still the same orz.
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

gamenpc wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:31 am
linsaberlove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 am

I want to import unity.
Importing unity with human animation is still the same orz.
But importing PSK/PSA animation to 3dmax works fine,maybe a second export?
DioBrando
ultra-n00b

Post by DioBrando »

I want to import unity.
You can work directly with the uassets in Noesis, nothing else is required. You can then go to "file->export from preview" to export an fbx model with the animation attached. It will load to Unity. In the Noesis tools menu you can create a Batch Process to export all animation in the game to fbx using those same export commands "-ue4anims -ue4tex1dthin -ue4tex1dalign -ue4datapath"
474846.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamenpc
ultra-n00b

Post by gamenpc »

DioBrando wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:48 am

I want to import unity.
You can work directly with the uassets in Noesis, nothing else is required. You can then go to "file->export from preview" to export an fbx model with the animation attached. It will load to Unity. In the Noesis tools menu you can create a Batch Process to export all animation in the game to fbx using those same export commands "-ue4anims -ue4tex1dthin -ue4tex1dalign -ue4datapath"
474846.jpg
thanks DioBrando.
Finally everything is working, the model looks mirrored, how to fix it?
Last edited by gamenpc on Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

Confused about how the animations are organized in these folders,I want to find the animation and scene of aerith meeting cloud for the first time.When I search PC0003(stand for aerith model)in umodel,then animations are located in two places,cut\game and motion\(action enemy player)
in motion folder,I guess enemy and player files should represent repectable animations.In motion\action I find some really long animation,but in cut\game only a few animation works(the others don't show figure at all). - -
Anyone tell me what these folders stand for and how to find that scene (:
- - and where are pre-rendered video files located ? :eek:
Help Plz~
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

In some animations(Most cut\game animations),the character is very far from view which is beyond Noesis's maximal scale range- -
How to change view to the character????
I can fix this by resetting the coordinates in 3dmax ,but loading animation in 3dmax is quite slow- -
So the question is how to change all coordinates to 0 in Noesis [roll]
gamenpc
ultra-n00b

Post by gamenpc »

Noesis export from preview(can loaded anime and texture) fbx file.
https://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file ... czyuzy.jpg
https://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file ... znqy64.jpg
but in blender and unity this fbx file no texture. is "advanced options" need some commands?
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

For those who want to export umaps and recreate maps
here is how

- First having dled all paks open umodel and save packages for blueprints, environments(and the environments folder thats inside the characters folder, you can just extract the whole characters folder which will give you all the character models or just the environment folder this contains all the moving parts for maps like doors and such), levels, effects and lighting(all of these contain models related to scenery, many maps share models between them so you need to extract all)

- place the ff7 tool into UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents(this file path would have been created by umodel)

- run ff7 tool(double click the tool) it will extract all blueprints, environments, levels, effects and lighting assets

- You will end up with folders for materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw and textures and blueprint.db and material.db files and some loose .ascii models

- move materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw, textures a blueprint.db and material.db files and some loose .ascii models to the map folder you want to extract for example UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents\Level\Game\Field\020-TOWN8\Layout(must be 'layout' not 'layout merged')

- Drag a .umap onto the ff7 tool for example 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.umap(there will be many umaps with extra bits on there name like 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_Animation.umap and 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_animation.umap extract all the ones listed here;
Animation.umap(many doors and moving elements are in here)
collision.umap(only if you want to put this in a game engine where you will want collision as this is a simplified collision mesh for the level)
envplan.umap(contains the breakable crates that are ingame but good as props)
lighting.umap (these are the models for the lighting as well as the models for lit windows ect)
all of these contain models so extract them for there .ascii the rest you can ignore they dont seem extract anything there are also uexp files ignore these too)

- you will get 3 text log files like this 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.names.txt, 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.export.txt, 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.import.txt and .ascii files(you will get one or several of these .ascii they are generated with what seems to be a 100mb cap as there being generated if it hits this cap it splits off into another .ascii file)

- I then move the generated .ascii files into the textures folder that we got from the ff7 tool

- i also converted all dds textures in this texture folder to png as the .ascii expects png not dds(you can convert these many ways using verios tools umodel and do this too or you can use notepad++ to edit the .ascii and replace all .png references with .dds)

- Lastly use the blender addon that was linked with the game files to import the ascii, they will import sideways as there using y axis as up where as blender is z axis up by default

All maps import super huge blender has a max view clipping so you wont see the meshes at first
In blender press n to bring up the right side panel click on the view tab
at the top you will have
focal length
clip start
end

change end to something like 1000000 its 1000 by default
and change clip start to 10(this will stop meshes doing a weird zfighting thing)
blender has a minimum and maximum mesh clipping view distance built in to help with performance but you can change that with these values
you can also use number pad . it will jump the camera to a selected object(when you importa mesh everything imported is selected by default)

- Last note the ff7 tool currently dose not read anything from the effects, character and lighting folders, so the tool will not use there models when generating ascii from umap extracting this means there will still be missing things in the map for example the fountain in sector 8 its model in in effects so it wont show up when you imports the umaps ascii. For now we have to add these manually
Last edited by speaker60 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grimino
ultra-n00b

Post by grimino »

speaker60 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:31 pm For those who want to export umaps and recreate maps
here is how

- First having dled all paks open umodel and save packages for blueprints, environments, levels, effects and lighting(all of these contain models related to scenery, many maps share models between them so you need to extract all)

- place the ff7 tool into UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents(this file path would have been created by umodel)

- run ff7 tool(double click the tool) it will extract all blueprints, environments, levels, effects and lighting assets

- You will end up with folders for materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw and textures and blueprint.db and material.db files and some loose .ascii models

- move materials, skeletalmesh, skeletalmesh.raw, staticmesh, staticmesh.raw, textures a blueprint.db and material.db files and some loose .ascii models to the map folder you want to extract for example UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents\Level\Game\Field\020-TOWN8\Layout(must be 'layout' not 'layout merged')

- Drag a .umap onto the ff7 tool for example 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.umap(there will be many umaps with extra bits on there name like 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_Animation.umap and 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_Collision.umap igonore these there are also uexp files ignore these too)

- you will get 3 text log files like this 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.names.txt, 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.export.txt, 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.import.txt and .ascii files(you will get one or several of these .ascii they are generated with what seems to be a 100mb cap as there being generated if it hits this cap it splits off into another .ascii file)

- I then move the generated .ascii files into the textures folder that we got from the ff7 tool

- i also converted all dds textures in this texture folder to png as the .ascii expects png not dds(you can convert these many ways using verios tools umodel and do this too or you can use notepad++ to edit the .ascii and replace all .png references with .dds)

- Lastly use the blender addon that was linked with the game files to import the ascii, they will import sideways as there using y axis as up where as blender is z axis up by default

thank's for detailed guide, i follow that but when i try to import map into Blender i cannot see anything, Material has correct texture and file imported is 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_map0.ascii wich has 85 MB, there is something that i missed?
i use last version of XPS Tools (2.0.2)
https://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file ... 8vbxxc.png
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

grimino wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 pm thank's for detailed guide, i follow that but when i try to import map into Blender i cannot see anything, Material has correct texture and file imported is 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_map0.ascii wich has 85 MB, there is something that i missed?
i use last version of XPS Tools (2.0.2)
https://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file ... 8vbxxc.png
All maps are super huge in blender press n to bring up the right side panel click on the view tab
at the top you will have
focal length
clip start
end

blender has a minimum and maximum mesh clipping thing built in to help with performance but you can change that here
you can also use number pad . it will jump the camera to a selected object(when you import everything is selected by default)

Ill add this to my original tutorial
gravureboxing
ultra-n00b

Post by gravureboxing »

speaker60 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:31 pm For those who want to export umaps and recreate maps
here is how

- First having dled all paks open umodel and save packages for blueprints, environments(and the environments folder thats inside the characters folder, you can just extract the whole characters folder which will give you all the character models or just the environment folder this contains all the moving parts for maps like doors and such), levels, effects and lighting(all of these contain models related to scenery, many maps share models between them so you need to extract all)

- Drag a .umap onto the ff7 tool for example 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall.umap(there will be many umaps with extra bits on there name like 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_Animation.umap and 020-TOWN8_Layout_010-OuterWall_Collision.umap igonore these there are also uexp files ignore these too)

All maps import super huge blender has a max view clipping so you wont see the meshes at first
In blender press n to bring up the right side panel click on the view tab
at the top you will have
focal length
clip start
end

and change clip start to 10(this will stop meshes doing a weird zfighting thing)
blender has a minimum and maximum mesh clipping view distance built in to help with performance but you can change that with these values
you can also use number pad . it will jump the camera to a selected object(when you importa mesh everything imported is selected by default)
Thanks for detailed guide, I was able to extract parts of map. However, I'm finding that they are missing certain features;
For an example, Corneo Colosseum as below is missing gates and floor trap that houses Hell House.

I think I know why but would love to get an answer.
When I extracted with ff7r tool, I wasn't able to get any skeletalmesh (I didn't get any of these files)
Would it be possible cause? If so, I'm not so sure why I didn't get any of skeletalmesh files - I did follow your guide precisely. [roll]

If you could help me with, it'd be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by gravureboxing on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

gravureboxing wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:57 am
Thanks for detailed guide, I was able to extract parts of map. However, I'm finding that they are missing certain features;
For an example, Corneo Colosseum as below is missing gates and floor trap that houses Hell House.

I think I know why but would love to get an answer.
When I extracted with ff7r tool, I wasn't able to get any skeletalmesh (I didn't get any of these files)
Would it be possible cause? If so, I'm not so sure why I didn't get any of skeletalmesh files - I did follow your guide precisely. [roll]

If you could help me with, it'd be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I think i got skeletalmesh and skeletalmeshraw because i extracted the environments folder thats inside the characters folder
I guess as it says environments i figured id need them and forgot about that
however i dont know if that is what will give you all the moving parts
ue4 treats statics and moving elements differently so it could be that the umap extraction is unable to understand the moving parts in this case
Iv not experimented too much yet, once i figured out how to extract maps i thought id share so it makes it easier for others to do it if they want
ill add the character/environments to my guide

Edit - so in character/environments it contains alot of doors and other moving parts so this should give you the missing parts unless the umap extraction genuinely cant detect these(still not sure till we test)

Also could you edit your posts with my guide as a quote as it dosnt get my edits and people might read that without the new information, just crop it out would be fine, just so people see the proper edited guide its also abit too long to have repeated several times :P
gravureboxing
ultra-n00b

Post by gravureboxing »

speaker60 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 am I think i got skeletalmesh and skeletalmeshraw because i extracted the environments folder thats inside the characters folder
I guess as it says environments i figured id need them and forgot about that
however i dont know if that is what will give you all the moving parts
ue4 treats statics and moving elements differently so it could be that the umap extraction is unable to understand the moving parts in this case
Iv not experimented too much yet, once i figured out how to extract maps i thought id share so it makes it easier for others to do it if they want
ill add the character/environments to my guide

Edit - so in character/environments it contains alot of doors and other moving parts so this should give you the missing parts unless the umap extraction genuinely cant detect these(still not sure till we test)

Also could you edit your posts with my guide as a quote as it dosnt get my edits and people might read that without the new information, just crop it out would be fine, just so people see the proper edited guide its also abit too long to have repeated several times :P
You've got a point there. I'll try exporting characters and then try again some time later.
I did edit quotation of your guide, so should be good. Anyhow, thank you :D