Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
neidhardt
n00b

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by neidhardt »

so, i'm trying to convert a map from the dlc and using this tool gives me a ".Missing Model: ....." error, and outputs a few .txt files but doesn't actually give me any more info than that...

There's multiple .umap models in this folder and they all give me the same or similar results...
Last edited by neidhardt on Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

Make sure to convert all the UASSETs in the model folder. Take the staticmesh.raw and put it into the same folder as the UMAP then drag .UMAP file to the tool. It works just fine
neidhardt
n00b

Post by neidhardt »

Takato Matsukj wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:56 pm Make sure to convert all the UASSETs in the model folder. Take the staticmesh.raw and put it into the same folder as the UMAP then drag .UMAP file to the tool. It works just fine

yeah im doing that exactly and all i'm getting is some text files.
sometimes there aren't even errors on them...
I checked the staticmesh.raw folder and there's 436 files in there, which matches the amount of uasset files in the zip file i was given, so I don't think i'm missing anything...
MrPanda202
ultra-n00b

Post by MrPanda202 »

neidhardt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 pm
Takato Matsukj wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:56 pm Make sure to convert all the UASSETs in the model folder. Take the staticmesh.raw and put it into the same folder as the UMAP then drag .UMAP file to the tool. It works just fine

yeah im doing that exactly and all i'm getting is some text files.
sometimes there aren't even errors on them...
I checked the staticmesh.raw folder and there's 436 files in there, which matches the amount of uasset files in the zip file i was given, so I don't think i'm missing anything...
Same exact issue.
R5GAMER
beginner

Post by R5GAMER »

It's just a shame not to share anything and keep everything for myself, I'm very disappointed to know that the hacking resource scene is becoming individualistic and that people no longer share anything. Again, I still haven't figured out how these people managed to get the cards, when the only one available was only the characters. Finally, hey, I don't see the usefulness of this program except for 5% of people who use it and still don't use it as it should.
Petrgold
beginner

Post by Petrgold »

R5GAMER wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 pm It's just a shame not to share anything and keep everything for myself, I'm very disappointed to know that the hacking resource scene is becoming individualistic and that people no longer share anything. Again, I still haven't figured out how these people managed to get the cards, when the only one available was only the characters. Finally, hey, I don't see the usefulness of this program except for 5% of people who use it and still don't use it as it should.
I don't have the files myself but I understand people not wanting to share them. This is copyrighted content we're speaking about, of course people will only share that kind of stuff with people they can trust or have some kind of proof of modding activities or whatever.
You can't just expect to come into the scene without knowing anyone and expect them to give you all you want directly, especially when some people are not who they're pretending to be. Also if the PS4 scene would share the exploit they use to get these files it'd just be patched out and there'd be no way to get future games
R5GAMER
beginner

Post by R5GAMER »

I was told the same thing chose for the characters and searching I found someone who give it to me.
Certainly you have to trust the people to whom to give, in the meantime it is often the people who want to do the things of good will who are the last. I will not change my opinion on my last comment.
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

Petrgold wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:13 pm
R5GAMER wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 pm It's just a shame not to share anything and keep everything for myself, I'm very disappointed to know that the hacking resource scene is becoming individualistic and that people no longer share anything. Again, I still haven't figured out how these people managed to get the cards, when the only one available was only the characters. Finally, hey, I don't see the usefulness of this program except for 5% of people who use it and still don't use it as it should.
I don't have the files myself but I understand people not wanting to share them. This is copyrighted content we're speaking about, of course people will only share that kind of stuff with people they can trust or have some kind of proof of modding activities or whatever.
You can't just expect to come into the scene without knowing anyone and expect them to give you all you want directly, especially when some people are not who they're pretending to be. Also if the PS4 scene would share the exploit they use to get these files it'd just be patched out and there'd be no way to get future games
Those are totally valid points, but I haven't seen anyone here pretending to be someone they aren't. I directly work with a group of people that wants these files for research purposes. Look up OpenKH. We're organizing all the information we can right now about every game, and we hope KH3 can be one of the games we work with. That's the only reason I specifically want these files. Plus, actual mod support of course, since I and every OpenKH contributor so far are established modders in the KH scene.
I still respect the decision to not share it, but what I personally don't agree with is dropping only a portion and then holding the rest back from those who intend to use all of it for projects. I guess it is what it is though. I'll have to agree to disagree with the choices of people in the PS4 scene.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

R5GAMER wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 pm I don't see the usefulness of this program
Vladabdf wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:44 am I personally don't agree with is dropping only a portion and then holding the rest back
I'm handling KH3 situation the same way I did for all other PS4 exclusives:

I made tools, and made sure that some people in KH community have all decrypted data files.

I don't have time or intention to regulate sharing of files inside your community. Its up to community to decide that. I could only suggest, as usual, to share with friends, with people you know.
neidhardt
n00b

Post by neidhardt »

sorry I keep having issues but I exported the shibuya scene properly and imported it int blender and the materials are all wrong

none of them are named, they just say "Submesh_[num]" and they only have a single diffuse texture which is using the materials' name rather than the texture name so I cant assign them automatically.
For a huge scene like this i'd greatly prefer not to apply each texture manually... is there a way to get it exported properly?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

neidhardt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:40 pm is there a way to get it exported properly?
yes, read here:
viewtopic.php?p=162503#p162503
neidhardt
n00b

Post by neidhardt »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:07 am
neidhardt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:40 pm is there a way to get it exported properly?
yes, read here:
viewtopic.php?p=162503#p162503
that's the thing, I have the material.db file in there and opening it in a text editor shows the material names and texture names so i don't understand what i'm doing wrong here
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

neidhardt wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:39 am that's the thing, I have the material.db file
whats its size?
do you have "material not found" messages during umap convertion?
neidhardt
n00b

Post by neidhardt »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:12 am
neidhardt wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:39 am that's the thing, I have the material.db file
whats its size?
do you have "material not found" messages during umap convertion?
it's 78 kb.
and no, I only have a bunch of ... when converting
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Do you have .txt files inside of "staticmesh.raw" folder?