Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help Extract a 1.78GB .PNG Archive Compression File?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
petventh18
beginner

Help Extract a 1.78GB .PNG Archive Compression File?

Post by petventh18 »

EDIT: The second game is another game I found was using .PNG format to contain their assets as well...
Games:
斗破苍穹手游 | Battle Through the Heaven Mobile Game | Breaking the Sky
https://dp.qq.com/main.shtml
Game File (1.78GB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dg-mOc ... sp=sharing

御剑情缘 | Yu Jian Qing Yuan
http://yj.zlongame.com
Game File (1.09 GB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vGP1qT ... sp=sharing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always thought PNG is an image file format... didn't know it can be used as some kind of Archive Data Compression format too.
Anyway, I got this BIG .png file (1.78GB) after I tried to extract some assets from a Unity Game APK File to use in AssetStudio...well, obviously I wasn't successful this time because simply changing the extension to .rar or .zip won't work either.

Most game will have their resources in .obb format inside the APK file but this time, I'm really stump since it uses .png...
If anyone know how to extract files from a .png file then please help out a brother, huh?
Last edited by petventh18 on Sat May 30, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Help Extract a 1.78GB .PNG Archive Compression File?

Post by Bigchillghost »

You should at least show the game name so people can know what they're dealing with.
petventh18 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:03 am I always thought PNG is an image file format... didn't know it can be used as some kind of Archive Data Compression format too.
Coz it's not a PNG at all.
petventh18 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:03 am Here is the file
Link is dead.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
petventh18
beginner

Post by petventh18 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:42 am You should at least show the game name so people can know what they're dealing with.
Link is dead.
Ah my bad, I have updated the game info above... and I forget to check the link after I posted cuz Google Drive need an extra dumb step/click before you can make the link shareable.
Everything should be fine now.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

The directories of the png archive from this game should probably be encrypted. You might use this script to extract things compulsively:
http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/monste ... r_nifs.bms

The 2nd game uses a different container format which can be unpacked with this script:
viewtopic.php?p=154110#p154110
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
petventh18
beginner

Post by petventh18 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:38 pm The directories of the png archive from this game should probably be encrypted. You might use this script to extract things compulsively:
http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/monste ... r_nifs.bms

The 2nd game uses a different container format which can be unpacked with this script:
viewtopic.php?p=154110#p154110
Ah thanks a lot... the second script work perfectly... The Monster Hunter Nifs script ran into some memory allocation problem so I'm not sure if it's because of the encryption as you have said or just really running out of memory (I have 32Gb RAM)...but this is what quickbms said

Code: Select all

- error in src\extra\xalloc.c line 703: xdbg_realloc()

Error: memory allocation problem
       Access is denied.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Try this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
petventh18
beginner

Post by petventh18 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:55 am Try this one.
Thank you for the script but it's still the same as before. Encounter the memory allocation problem.
But for this specific game, I found that if you install the game and pulled the game data from your phone to your PC then there's no need for any tool for extraction at all because all the assets will be in unity assets and AssetStudio will be able to read them perfectly.

But I still must thank you for the big help Bigchillghost... really appreciate it.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

petventh18 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am Thank you for the script but it's still the same as before. Encounter the memory allocation problem.
Well, I tested it with the 4gb version of QuickBMS myself and it worked perfectly.
petventh18 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am ...install the game and pulled the game data from your phone to your PC...
Good.
petventh18
beginner

Post by petventh18 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:25 am
petventh18 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am Thank you for the script but it's still the same as before. Encounter the memory allocation problem.
Well, I tested it with the 4gb version of QuickBMS myself and it worked perfectly.
Oh crap basket... You're right. I was just being dumb as I was under the impression that since the file was under 2GB, so I never try the QuickBMS 4GB version...
Damn... I was too careless and ending up wasting so much of everyone's time...Thank you very much, man... Really appreciate your help.
petventh18
beginner

Post by petventh18 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:55 am Try this one.
tencentNifsExtractor.zip
Hey there man, I apologize for bothering you again...but I ran into a small issue while using your script for this new TenCent game.

The script work great for extracting the textures and sprites but look like it can't extract the models for some reason... Probably because it was using a different algorithm for its compression. So if you have some free time...then please take a quick look at this game and see if it's possible to extract the rest of the content.
Thanks

Game: Qin's Moon World | 秦时明月世界
Game site: https://qsmy.qq.com/
Game file (756 MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UgCfd6 ... xyVj0/view

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

petventh18 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 am The script work great for extracting the textures and sprites but look like it can't extract the models for some reason... Probably because it was using a different algorithm for its compression.
There's a conflict situation where according to the flag the data should be compressed while it appears not. Adding this particular line before the loop should just do the trick.

Code: Select all

comtype zlib_noerror
At least the next output (0000124a.unity3d) can be loaded correctly by Asset Studio.
petventh18
beginner

Post by petventh18 »

Thanks a lot for the help... it work great.
cwyou123
ultra-n00b

Post by cwyou123 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:25 am
petventh18 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am ...install the game and pulled the game data from your phone to your PC...
Good.
Have tried numerous .bms file to unpack these .ifs file through quickbms, but no success.
8E052B9D-9CEF-4544-8F58-B29.png