Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Meds wrote:I didn't want to release it, also because of the fact that I didn't put enough disclaimers in...I don't want to get SUED. And as Mr. Mouse knows, this was one of my main concerns.
Well, I am aware of your concerns, and I respect those. However, I though you might have just added some disclaimers. You see, there's nothing wrong in what you created. It's only users who can do something illegal. It's like guns. Selling them is not illegal, but unlawful killing is. Selling a tool that can extract is not illegal, (reverse-engineering is not illegal), but extracting copyrighted material and doing something with it that might upset the copyright holders is.

It's just that this thread was started to figure out how to do it, and then we know, but no-one benefits from it.
mambox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by mambox »

feel free to share it :)
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

but extracting copyrighted material and doing something with it that might upset the copyright holders is.
Like selling them, putting them in a game and selling that... it's mainly about the profit off another's work that is the key problem. I know I wouldn't want sombody making money off my graphics... unless I get a fair share... <_< >_> XD
Question
ultra-n00b

Post by Question »

That site is evil! (http://timall3.100webspace.net) I got to 105 and then when trying something with the referrer on another browser got "Err, where are you going, sheep?". An autoclicker might work, but it'd be fairly challenging to make work correctly. I'm thinking that I can run a javascript loop to accomplish what I want but I'm not sure. I'll tell you guys what happens once you get to 2000. :roll:

-Question
Question
ultra-n00b

Post by Question »

Well, it almost worked. I got to 1257, and then the site lagged, and then the script went ahead of itself and I was called a sheep again. It does seem possible though to make all the way to 2000. I'll keep working on it.

-Question
mambox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by mambox »

you may post it at rapidshare with a password and nobody will claim about copyrights..

cheers.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Question wrote:Well, it almost worked. I got to 1257, and then the site lagged, and then the script went ahead of itself and I was called a sheep again. It does seem possible though to make all the way to 2000. I'll keep working on it.

-Question
Don't bother. He's probably scamming you. I think you can click 10000 times and not reach anything. ;)
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

mambox wrote:you may post it at rapidshare with a password and nobody will claim about copyrights..

cheers.
Come on... you can trust us =)
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

OMG! It actually worked! I got to 1999 and I got the code! Thank you thank you.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

themoviefund wrote:OMG! It actually worked! I got to 1999 and I got the code! Thank you thank you.
Somehow, I don't believe you. :mrgreen: If you did, prove it :P
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

I used JavaScript.... I have the code, if you want. Now I'm trying to decipher how to use it. Lol.... You want to try my JavaScript?

EDIT: I took out the link. Here's my proof:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meds
beginner

Post by Meds »

Now, part two of this whole thing : P

Removing the code, and seeing how fast it spreads.

Scammer : (
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

themoviefund wrote:I used JavaScript.... I have the code, if you want. Now I'm trying to decipher how to use it. Lol.... You want to try my JavaScript?

EDIT: I took out the link. Here's my proof:
Well, show us the code you got of of Meds site. Provide a direct link ar attach it to a post here, and we can lay this matter to rest. A picture is not going to do it for the people here, I'm afraid, as we've seen enough pictures of this already, without having the code itself.
singga
n00b

Post by singga »

Meds wrote:Now, part two of this whole thing : P

Removing the code, and seeing how fast it spreads.

Scammer : (
wt the hell?
are you kidding me?
you remove the code where I can find if damn didn't release it ?

And how many "part" do you plan?
now it is just "part 2"?
singga
n00b

Post by singga »

i have a question................ 8)
who know how to extract the .exe file in Data.wz
(p.s. I come from Hong Kong,My english is ..... :cry: :( and you guy may don't understand wt i am talking :wink: