Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kein
advanced

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post by Kein »

Its not a render bud.
Just a screenshot of my scene in unity.
And? Unity does not render or something? It has dedicated rendering system and pipiline and you should stop reacting this extreme to a simple non-demanding criticism.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Kein wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:57 am
Its not a render bud.
And? Unity does not render or something? It has dedicated rendering system and pipiline and you should stop reacting this extreme to a simple non-demanding criticism.
why instead of criticize, you don't do it yourself??
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

fil1969 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm oh, thanks, and the others steps i did, are correct?
i'm not entirely sure in your description, but probably yes
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

Its not a render bud.
Relax, your comment is unnecessary. Literally I said, its a work-in-progress and you expect the picture to be with the upmost expectations of being a perfect Render when its not even intended to be one. I don't get why you had to say "you should stop reacting this extreme to a simple non-demanding criticism." Sounds like your full of yourself. Totally unnecessary... the way I reacted was not extreme.

Simple enough, do it yourself
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

fil1969 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:28 am
Its not a render bud.
why instead of criticize, you don't do it yourself??
He has nothing better to do.
Kein
advanced

Post by Kein »

Takato Matsukj wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:42 pm Relax, your comment is unnecessary.
I will be the judge to that.
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

Kein wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:22 pm
Takato Matsukj wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:42 pm Relax, your comment is unnecessary.
I will be the judge to that.
I like your attitude.
ils
n00b

Post by ils »

fil1969 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:02 am
Drawing wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:49 pm
fil1969 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:25 am Hi, daemon1 tool is amazing but i still not understand how perfectly maps extraction works, or well, I managed to get some sceneries, but are incomplete, I always have a missed models error, and I missed blueprint.db
What i did:
1 with umodel I extracted from paks, ALL the content of environments and sceneries folders (uassets, uexp and ubulk)
2 placed all these extracted files in one folder (around 100.000 files)
3 launched ff7rem.exe tool (it extracted all good, created folders and the material.db file)
I open a .layout umap file with the tool, but nothing.
Can you please write detailled steps to make this works?

Thank you in advance

**Nevermind. I did it!!!
:P
Hi fil. Could you explain how you solve it ? If other user have the same problem they can know how to solve it.

Thanks,
Drawing
I make it work in this way:
1 with umodel I saved NOT extracted from paks, ALL the content of environments and sceneries and blueprint folders (uassets, uexp and ubulk)
2 placed all these extracted files in one folder (around 100.000 files)
3 launched ff7rem.exe tool (it extracted all good, created folders and the material.db and blueprint.db files)
4 with umodel I saved the umap i want ( located in: level--> game-->field-->*subfoldernameyouchoose*-->LAYOUT not LAYOUTMERGE)
5 dropped the umap into the tool, all was converted good (only some errors regarding materials but that is normal since the game use shaders only on some models, like lights etc.
6 I put the generetad mesh.ascii in the textures folder
NOTE: I previously converted ALL the FF7rem tool generated DDS textures in PNG format.
7 Imported the mesh ascii in blender using this script: https://www.deviantart.com/johnzero7/jo ... -834572824

this is the result, i
Hope this will be usefull.
hi,
i follow your guide, but it seems the texture didn't load in Blender
i wonder if the steps is the same for characters file.

the ASCII load fine in blender, but no texture information in the ASCII files

here's my steps :
1. extract the "specific" PAK files using Noesis, QuickBMS or save using Umodel (all create the same file "\Character\Player\PC000x")
2. all those folders each contains "Material", "Model" and "Texture"
3. then i follow your guide (no. 2), place it in 1 folder "PC000x", and then run the ff7r.exe (this will create "materials", "skeletalmesh", "skeletalmesh.raw" and "texture" folder
4. i didn't find the ".umap" files from your guide (no. 4), is there any umap files for characters?
5. since i can't find umap files, i assume the "generated mesh.ascii" is the one on "skeletalmesh" folders? i copied it to texture folder
6. convert DDS to PNG (is this necessary?)
7. load in blender using the XPS tools, but the models are grey/no texture

also, in the ASCII files, there are no PNG/DDS references. i wonder how blender can correctly lookup the texture.

sorry i really noob in 3D modelling here
please advise

THANK YOU!
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

Anyone who know how to export animation? :[
Kein
advanced

Post by Kein »

linsaberlove wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:21 pm Anyone who know how to export animation? :[
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/to ... l#msg36249
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

Kein wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:03 pm
linsaberlove wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:21 pm Anyone who know how to export animation? :[
Thanks,I did it! But I still get some physical issues,when the character walk,her leg can be outside of the dress....Any idea how to fix that? :)
DioBrando
ultra-n00b

Post by DioBrando »

linsaberlove wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:52 am
Kein wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:03 pm
Thanks,I did it! But I still get some physical issues,when the character walk,her leg can be outside of the dress....Any idea how to fix that? :)
Probably the dress is simulated. You'll need to run some kind of cloth sim.

There is a lot nicer way to view animations to:
Set “Tools->Data Viewer->Other->Default preview commands” to:
-ue4anims -ue4tex1dthin -ue4tex1dalign -ue4datapath "F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents"

"F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents" will be your GameContents with all the extracted packages obviously. This will load all the textures in the preview window too.

Load the model and just drag-and-drop the anim you want to apply to it over the preview window from windows explorer, or use the “apply to preview” script in optionalplugins.
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

DioBrando wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:56 am
linsaberlove wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:52 am
Probably the dress is simulated. You'll need to run some kind of cloth sim.

There is a lot nicer way to view animations to:
Set “Tools->Data Viewer->Other->Default preview commands” to:
-ue4anims -ue4tex1dthin -ue4tex1dalign -ue4datapath "F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents"

"F:\FF7_Remake\End2\Content\GameContents" will be your GameContents with all the extracted packages obviously. This will load all the textures in the preview window too.

Load the model and just drag-and-drop the anim you want to apply to it over the preview window from windows explorer, or use the “apply to preview” script in optionalplugins.
But cloth simulation is not the same for different 3d software, is there a way to get the game's cloth simulation data :?:
Kein
advanced

Post by Kein »

Yes, by importing into Unreal Engine and using their tookit.
linsaberlove
n00b

Post by linsaberlove »

lionheartuk wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:10 am
lethal01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:28 am I'm looking for the umap file for the scene where zack fights against the soldiers (doubting it was actually modeled)
Also the one for the flashback to nibleheim (assuming it exists once again)

Anyone seen umap files for these scene, what it's titled are and what files are required?
Or are the character models the only things actually in game from these scenes?

Edit: Alright I found a wagon from the Nibleheim scene Image
so it seems it's realtime and there but I think my rip is missing assets.

I'll keep looking and ripping in the meantime but if anyone could rip these locations I'd be thankful.
The nibelheim scene (along with 100% of the games flashbacks) are pre-rendered video files, if you go through the games video files you can see them.
For all of those, there is no map file.
There are however a few random assets. however those assets are not *from* the nibelheim scene itself, they're from the little area immediately after the first bombing mission, where Cloud walks through burning streets, the left side is nibelheim and the right is midgar, so those models are used for that scene, and are on fire. If you look at the scene where he fights the soldiers, its reusing the cliffs from the sector where Aerith lives.

Just so there isn't any missunderstanding, when I say pre-rendered, I also mean just videos of the game itself, because flashbacks happen so instantly that there wouldn't be time to load a whole new map and all the new models/animations in such a short time, so a video of those things happens instead.

That said, *some* of those assets still individually exist, such as young Aerith, Young Cloud, Young Tifa, eventhough you only ever see them in in-game graphic quality video files. I assume they intended to have it all realtime, but changed in the end.
Where are these video files? Can't find them,folder location plz :wink: