Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Hevon
beginner

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake

Post by Hevon »

mono24 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:25 pm
Hevon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:53 pmi do something wrong for sure but what ?
Once you have all required files, make sure to have them in same folder where the UMAP your trying to convert is, then you'll get what you need.
Nice finally working ! got the 3D models just need to add textures one by one cause it didnt found it directly in the folder. Any idea how to get missing textures ? some seems not being converted or something.
Thanks a lot more making things clear :) and thanks to daemon1 too !
doguy258
ultra-n00b

Post by doguy258 »

Hevon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:09 pm
mono24 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:25 pm
Hevon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:53 pmi do something wrong for sure but what ?
Once you have all required files, make sure to have them in same folder where the UMAP your trying to convert is, then you'll get what you need.
Nice finally working ! got the 3D models just need to add textures one by one cause it didnt found it directly in the folder. Any idea how to get missing textures ? some seems not being converted or something.
Thanks a lot more making things clear :) and thanks to daemon1 too !
Hey Hevon,

I am stuck the same way you were. I keep getting text files when I try dropping the .umap over the tool. How do I know what files need to be in the same folder as the .umap? Mind sharing what you did?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hevon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:09 pmAny idea how to get missing textures ?
For ALL textures to be loaded, automatically, you need to make sure on next step, converted UMAPs must be moved to textures folder, otherwise it wont work.
Hevon
beginner

Post by Hevon »

doguy258 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:02 am
I am stuck the same way you were. I keep getting text files when I try dropping the .umap over the tool. How do I know what files need to be in the same folder as the .umap? Mind sharing what you did?
After converting all assets with the tool i take :
tool exe file
blueprint.db
material.db
textures folder
staticmesh.raw folder
skeletalmesh.raw folder

And for exemple if i want the maps when you start the game i go to this path \Level\Game\Field\010-MAKO1\Layout_Merge and put all the folders and files i listed before into this directory.
You should find umaps files.
Then i drag and drop 010-MAKO1_Layout_010-Station.umap on the exe tool and it should make ASCII file.
mono24 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:15 am
Hevon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:09 pmAny idea how to get missing textures ?
For ALL textures to be loaded, automatically, you need to make sure on next step, converted UMAPs must be moved to textures folder, otherwise it wont work.
Thanks it fixed my problem :D

ps:Forgot to say i converted all the DDS texture into png to make it work because the ASCII file when loaded is looking for png files.
doguy258
ultra-n00b

Post by doguy258 »

Hevon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 am
After converting all assets with the tool i take :
tool exe file
blueprint.db
material.db
textures folder
staticmesh.raw folder
skeletalmesh.raw folder

And for exemple if i want the maps when you start the game i go to this path \Level\Game\Field\010-MAKO1\Layout_Merge and put all the folders and files i listed before into this directory.
You should find umaps files.
Then i drag and drop 010-MAKO1_Layout_010-Station.umap on the exe tool and it should make ASCII file.
When you say "after converting all assets" do I literally mean ALL or just the models, materials, and textures? For instance, I am trying to recreate the seventh heaven bar. I have the models and textures converted. Is there more that needs to be converted before taking the steps that you mentioned?

Thanks for the quick reply BTW! :)
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hevon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 amps:Forgot to say i converted all the DDS texture into png to make it work because the ASCII file when loaded is looking for png files.
Convert the Layout, not Layout_merge.
As for ASCIIs, change the PNG to DDS using Notepad++, its faster than windows notepad.
jusete
ultra-n00b

Post by jusete »

Are the files to extract in the folder called "Environments"? For the .umap you said, Mako1, the models to extract are from 1st Avenue? Thansk!
lumekano
advanced

Post by lumekano »

anyone pm me file. plz :cry:

edit: Done, im Happy :keke:
Last edited by lumekano on Sat May 09, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnKnown
Hevon
beginner

Post by Hevon »

doguy258 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:38 am
When you say "after converting all assets" do I literally mean ALL or just the models, materials, and textures? For instance, I am trying to recreate the seventh heaven bar. I have the models and textures converted. Is there more that needs to be converted before taking the steps that you mentioned?

Thanks for the quick reply BTW! :)
Just models materials and textures yes ;)
mono24 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:05 am
Hevon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 amps:Forgot to say i converted all the DDS texture into png to make it work because the ASCII file when loaded is looking for png files.
Convert the Layout, not Layout_merge.
As for ASCIIs, change the PNG to DDS using Notepad++, its faster than windows notepad.
Oh ok i was converting wrong one even if it was working and i tried using notpad to change png to dds but the ASCII file when loaded in blender its empty.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hevon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:10 pm...and i tried using notpad to change png to dds but the ASCII file when loaded in blender its empty.
I think Blender does NOT support all DDS types, might as well stick to PNG then.
systembest
beginner

Post by systembest »

Do I need a Blu-ray drive to extract?
I want a environment asset
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

Skyview Hall is one of my favorites honestly. The music and the scenery
Hevon
beginner

Post by Hevon »

Takato Matsukj wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:13 am
Skyview Hall is one of my favorites honestly. The music and the scenery
Damn really great view and style.

Wanted to ask you if you had any idea of where could be the files of the backgrounds ?
I got all the maps of the demo but no background where we can see the clocktower for example.
Oh and did you add yourself all the lights and stuff ? if its the case well done :)
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

Interesting seeing people post but no sources for decrypted files....

Anyway, if someone could answer this I'd very much appreciate it. As we all know, at times the textures in this game look..... well.... bad. Hopefully it's a loading issue which will be patched whenever things return to semi-normal in Japan. However I have to wonder, if you can see the texture files, can you confirm if it's a loading bug or are the textures really just low resoultion?

Like this Chocobo poster for example. Horribly pixelated in the game.... is the actual file really this bad?

Hevon
beginner

Post by Hevon »

Cloud452 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:20 am Interesting seeing people post but no sources for decrypted files....

Anyway, if someone could answer this I'd very much appreciate it. As we all know, at times the textures in this game look..... well.... bad. Hopefully it's a loading issue which will be patched whenever things return to semi-normal in Japan. However I have to wonder, if you can see the texture files, can you confirm if it's a loading bug or are the textures really just low resoultion?

Like this Chocobo poster for example. Horribly pixelated in the game.... is the actual file really this bad?
It a bug for sure its stuck using lowres texture its well know with games using unreal engine so i'm not surprise to see that.