Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Tushkan
veteran

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Tushkan »

I'm a bit overwhelmed with other stuff at the moment so I can't find time to work on asset reversing. Plus there isn't much interesting going on to post about. I scanned the whole repo to identify some of uids (took a week on 12 cores) and I'm writing some minimal hint framework to be able to highlight some data in html tables so I can easily identify potentially important stuff (uids, magic mentions etc).
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
jaxx21
ultra-n00b

Post by jaxx21 »

hi, thank for the work you are making for extract model. I hope you will find soon. Thank you.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Samples where used to test and debug mesh reader code. Siege uses several compression methods so one has to account for all possible types of mesh packing. So I used samples to check if I broke something in code or missed some details. I'm actually yet to figure out how they encode skin weights. Right now those are exported as colors in blender.
jaxx21
ultra-n00b

Post by jaxx21 »

are they some progress? will we see 3D model from this game again? thank you for your work.Just a question.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Only minor technical progress. I have to build my own tools to assist reversing. No new models atm. But there is no need to publish models because they are easily exportable at this stage. Main focus is on extracting skeletons and skinning and finding ways to identify assets by names.
jaxx21
ultra-n00b

Post by jaxx21 »

ok, thanks because i dont see any new model (weapon, or character without skeleton).skeleton can be rig a little bit with mixamo. Thank.
if you have a tutorial how to extract forge file or extract model. Thank you very much for your work.
SheetMan
ultra-n00b

Post by SheetMan »

Tushkan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:53 am they are easily exportable at this stage
Can you clarify one question for me please? Following this thread I can extract meshes and textures from the newest version of r6? It's just a ton of information, I want to know if is that I am looking for.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Weeell, I can, you can't ) I did not publish any of these tools except for a mesh converter in my dropbox. And it expects unpacked forge data. I can unpack it, but I have to fix metadata encoding. I guess it's about time to write a small faq with project status to not answer same questions over and over.
Tervel1337
ultra-n00b

Post by Tervel1337 »

Has anyone managed to extract the police car model from before the models update?
Midnight
ultra-n00b

Post by Midnight »

I’m new to this whole 3D models thing but I want to make a game and was wondering if anybody could extract some weapons for my game pls
Sciong
ultra-n00b

Post by Sciong »

Would anyone have any progress on this so far?
Cris23ST
ultra-n00b

Post by Cris23ST »

A few years latter, I just wanted to know if any other substantial advances have been made :D
Damoclès
beginner

Post by Damoclès »

I just tried with Intel GPA but the launcher that appears a few seconds before the game ruins everything, i guess it's simpler with a cracked game.
Btw can someone provide the 2015 version of Intel GPA ? The 2020 version doesn't allow to export meshes & the 2014 version doesn't work in w10.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Damoclès wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:38 pm I just tried with Intel GPA but the launcher that appears a few seconds before the game ruins everything, i guess it's simpler with a cracked game.
Btw can someone provide the 2015 version of Intel GPA ? The 2020 version doesn't allow to export meshes & the 2014 version doesn't work in w10.
2015 does not work, just like 14

if anyone has any idea why does this happen and how can I fix it we will have Kali's sniper textured and basically any other weapon with little to no manual work involved, i suspect it's the script's fault but weird how the UV shows up correctly on the texture but distorts on the mesh...

https://twitter.com/floxayyy/status/1296080380257341441

(sry for link, im on my phone atm)
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kali's sniper in Blender; 46.080 verts and 15.360 faces/tris... I have multiple verts in the same place... am I fucked?

Last edited by floxay on Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.