Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
SimplisticCuriosity
ultra-n00b

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by SimplisticCuriosity »

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread or isn't considered ok for this forum.

I recently discovered a thread dedicated to ripping files from the Star Stable games a while back on another resource board. The thread was basically necro at that point but now I am curious. I have been trying to access the files for the MMO Star Stable Online to look at the textures of the models close-up. I was able to view them just fine for a while until a recent update had the files packed into 12 .CSA files for the data. I have tried asking others who have managed to get into the files for assistance but for some reason none will respond.

I am a complete noob when it comes to programming so maybe this is waaaaay out of my league and i should learn at least some basic programming first but i wanted to take a shot in asking this forum for some assistance or to point me in the right direction to learn how to do it myself.
Here is the original quote btw.
Hi all,

yes sso changed the file structure, but is not difficult to break the new packed files.
In Packfiles folder are file.csa for data and csaheader for filename, size, crc and position.
Is very easy to build a packer. you need a programming language like java and a hex editor like HxD(for windows).

Unfortunately, SSO has encrypted the PTE files -.-
So i need to build a packer, but maybe i'm not using the right google searches cuz i can't find anything directly focused at what i'm looking for i guess?
Any help would be appreciated. I really do want to learn how this all works.
Corpse4Life
ultra-n00b

Re: .csa files SSO

Post by Corpse4Life »

Hello, im kind of late but im also researching my self about the .csa files. Apparently its easy but I cant even find any help to these exact files. Did you find out anything in that time?
ENCRYSE
ultra-n00b

Post by ENCRYSE »

Can somebody pls help? I'm also interested in it. ty
Ant#8893
ultra-n00b

Post by Ant#8893 »

hello, i exploit star stable and i will try to help
dannyhi
ultra-n00b

Post by dannyhi »

Ant#8893 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:29 am hello, i exploit star stable and i will try to help
How do you exploit the game? Can you walk me through it? I want to be able to run the game offline.
Ciennae
ultra-n00b

Post by Ciennae »

Ant#8893 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:29 am hello, i exploit star stable and i will try to help
Hi! I unpacked the Csa file but the files in it are corrupted, can u help me please?
Pollaris
n00b

Star Stable Online - CSA files

Post by Pollaris »

There is one game I need to get files. All data files is in csa.
I can't easily open it... Most of people told me to decompile a game, not sure how to do it.
Is there any other way to open these files?
ikskoks

Re: csa. files

Post by ikskoks »

What is the game name?
Can you upload some samples?
Pollaris
n00b

Re: csa. files

Post by Pollaris »

ikskoks wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:39 am What is the game name?
Can you upload some samples?
It's called Star Stable Online
Pollaris
n00b

Coded files

Post by Pollaris »

Not sure if it's good place to talk about my problem again. So sorry for the problems
I had to extract some files from the game and I already have them but there is one thing to do.
When I open most of files are encrypted and I can't open them. I need to build a packer and not sure how to do it or it's even possible to do it. I know I need programming language like JAVA or HxD... I'm not sure what to do now. Any ideas? Thx for help!
ikskoks

Re: Coded files

Post by ikskoks »

You need to be more specific. Tell us what game is it, what are these files,
upload some samples for us to look and describe what methods and tools you have already tried.

Besides, writing packer is the last thing to do.
First you need to figure out file format and encryption method, write a unpacker (or tool for decryption), test some minor changes etc.

Any tutorial on how to deal with this stuff can be found here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22266
Pollaris
n00b

Post by Pollaris »

I used Quickbms to take files from the game.
Files were hidden in csa and csaheader formats. I already have files from the game called Star Stable Online. I need mostly textures and models but when I convert all of them and I still can't open them.
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/ext ... a9-png.jpg It's a screen, maybe it will explain more simple than me.
ikskoks

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA files

Post by ikskoks »

Ok, but you still haven't uploaded any samples yet.

For more complex encryptions, you need to use debugger
to reverse engineer decryption methods (see tutorials section for more details).

P.S. I have merged your topics.
Pollaris
n00b

Post by Pollaris »

ikskoks wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:24 pm You need to be more specific. Tell us what game is it, what are these files,
upload some samples for us to look and describe what methods and tools you have already tried.

Besides, writing packer is the last thing to do.
First you need to figure out file format and encryption method, write a unpacker (or tool for decryption), test some minor changes etc.

Any tutorial on how to deal with this stuff can be found here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22266
I hope it will help. Thank you so much!
Pollaris
n00b

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA files

Post by Pollaris »

ikskoks wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:52 am Ok, but you still haven't uploaded any samples yet.

Beside, for more complex encryptions, you need to use debugger
to reverse engineer decryption methods (see tutorials section for more details).

P.S. I have merged your topics.
And also, I used Quickbms to convert files and then it said it doesn't work or an error. I tried to open with File Magic but it didn't work too. So I think this is the last what I have to do is encryption